Join our server on Discord

Bad attitudes
aguy Wrote:Umm Senjuro what profession are you in. I know that when you first join a business the boss is going to be tuff on you, but that sounds a bit excessive.
Do you have any idea why the people may treat you like this. Is it because you are outspoken with your opinions or do they not like your attitude.

I'm in school training to be an opera singer. Basically, people who can't act, are fat, and sound like shit don't get jobs. People who act well, are attractive and in shape, and sound good get work. If you're lacking in any of those areas, your future is suspect. It's the way the business works.

I'm very careful about speaking my mind to superiors and I'm extremely polite and respectful to directors, coaches and conductors. But still, when I make a mistake, they point it out. I know it fosters improvement and I know it's their job, but I don't need to relive every mistake I make when people who make as many or more errors as me go around backstabbing me about it all.
senjuro Wrote:
cboy Wrote:Sometimes you can't sugar-coat the truth.

Even for someone from the south, you are fucking ignorant.

I must say that I resent that. Lol, don't take that too seriously, but I do love my home!
Renamon's Army
Oh, sen, from what I read, it's my guess you are trying to say you know a lot about real life, surely more than me, but that's not what helps you. Knowing about life is knowing the typical stereotype about the people who follow a regular basis of insults, play behind your back, and various of the things you named, including how a certain group of people, who are those who bother you currently behave towards people like you.

As cboy said, this is real life, people eventually get bored of a tranquil, respectful life, so they start conflict to give 'meaning' to their meaningless lives. No matter what, assholes will always be assholes, good people like you, will always be good people; but you can easily counter the ones who you consider are pulling those negative things on you.

No, it's not by ignoring, ignoring will only make them angry, if you ignore someone, especially someone who requires attention by any means, you'll set them in a very, EXTREMELY bad mood, and in their eyes, obviously you'll be the cause. So yeah, you'll be absent of some of their mocking for some time, but they'll strike back eventually, and even more annoying than ever.

So, something that you should do, is learn how to handle people, it's by far the hardest thing I've learn to do. You've got to look who the guy or girl is really, take a look what they actually do, then consider if it's really any worth troubling yourself.
Know that basically, this sounds easy, but it actually is more harder than it seems. You've got to learn how some behave to know what they do, then counter them in the same heartless way.

You think this will generate more conflict? No, don't worry, this generally makes them think you are like them, ignore that thought for a moment and laugh, laugh hard in front of them when they do. That'll confuse them, and they won't know what to do anymore, ahead of playing the same tricks on you. And you can repeat the same to make them end like complete idiots in front of everybody.

Look, I don't know how it would work for you if you ain't gonna have the thought of reducing to their level to strike them where it hurts, but I do this everytime, and that's how I see everybody of my society here act: They act as if they were funny, comical, say random things just to make you laugh and make you wonder wether they were just joking or insulting you, if you take it seriously, you make enemies, if you laugh at them, you make friends.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:Why is everyone so cowardly and dishonest? Why is it that everyone gets their jollies from backstabbing and throwing people under the bus? Why can people never just come right out and say what they really mean instead of spouting empty platitudes and giving venemous smiles full of nasty intentions? Why must their eyes bore holes into me when I walk past them? Why must I hear their whispers? Why must I play all these childish games of pretending to like people when I know they talk shit about me? Why me? Have I commited some sin against the universe where now I'm karmically owed a tidal wave of this shit? At least if that was the case, there'd be some reason to it.
So you don't like passive aggression? You've got several options. You can return the favor, you can just take it, or you can be completely blunt. I deal with it at my workplace, and I choose one of those options depending on my mood.

Also, as mod of this area, I should mention that your reply to cboy was unnecessarily insulting. I don't really care; I'm just mentioning it.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against