Join our server on Discord

Poll: What do you like more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Graphics
0%
0 0%
Plot
37.50%
3 37.50%
Controls
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Graphics, Plot or Control?
I always get those confused.
Control.

Unlimited Saga (PS2) is the worst game I never met...
Very hard to control. Story plots sucks. Graphics so-so only.

I only play games that are easy to control. Then I will lok into the plots. Graphics not important.

Disgaea and Disgaea 2 doesn't have good graphics but got good plots and easy to control. I really love them.

I also love Dynasty Warriors series. Easy to master.
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
Nope the worst game that displays what a game shouldn't be is Darkstone... :roll:

Otherwise I mean there is some thing with plot I enjoy in every game, once you lose me with a bad story line, I lose interest in the game. Don't you enjoy being transported into the game, well I do....

Everything else, and Kyo can you add one more, please and that is the Music even though people might not think about it, good music in a perfect situation can really send the game into a world of melodic harmony. Seriously good music keeps you into the game without you even knowing about it....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
]Well not necessarily the music, but the sound. The Silent Hill games feature very little in terms of actual music, but lots and lots of background ambient noise. Same thing with MGS3: music only when you're spotted and during boss fights (except for the duel with The End). Other than that, there's the whirring of ventilation systems, chirping of birds, etc.

Sometimes you can say much more with silence than you can with music. While an overall good sound really makes a game all shiny sparkly, I don't think it makes or break it.

That being said, if the music is ass in a game that I'm trying to judge, it DOES influence how I feel. Twilight Princess is especially guilty of having HORRIBLE music presentation. I'm sure there are good tunes in there, but they're all something I could throw into music notation software like Finale or Sibelius and hear EXACTLY the same thing.
...I don't know, I look for presentation in a game.

Two people can take the same game, with the same plot and the same controls, and come out with two completely different products. It depends on if the game 'flows' (if you aren't constantly thinking about its flaws), if it's addictive (a good game will make it so you don't want to stop for at least an hour or two), and if the game's....gameplay is any good. Game A may give you a great time and a sense of accomplishment when you overcome challenges in it, but Game B may feel like nothing special happened and you're playing the game solely to 'waste time'.
senjuro Wrote:]That being said, if the music is ass in a game that I'm trying to judge, it DOES influence how I feel. Twilight Princess is especially guilty of having HORRIBLE music presentation. I'm sure there are good tunes in there, but they're all something I could throw into music notation software like Finale or Sibelius and hear EXACTLY the same thing.

I haven't played it,though I like Orcarina of Time's music.Except for the sun song.
I have no idea how that random square bracket got in there....oops!

Good point, Ghost_Op. I guess presentation is the combination of the three basic parts, which ends up making more of an impact than the sum of its parts. If one of those parts is lacking in quality, the overall appeal of the game suffers pretty heavily.

And amaterasu, by the time you get to 6th gen consoles you shouldn't be hearing MIDI sequences: you should be hearing full orchestrations. There's no excuse for that.
Some midi files are exceptionally well done Senjy, it just depends on what the sound that we can hear other than that everything else is awesome. Some of the sounds can be very pleasant even in 8 bit sound...
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
When it comes to a MIDI and a real orchestra playing the same music, the real orchestration will win every time.
true but I am saying that midi files can be pleasing..
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds