Join our server on Discord

Poll: What do you like more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Graphics
0%
0 0%
Plot
37.50%
3 37.50%
Controls
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Graphics, Plot or Control?
Right, but again, as I said, anything a MIDI can do, a real orchestra can do better. When you're playing a 6th gen console game and hear MIDI quality music, it's pretty disappointing, especially when other titles as old as the late 90's used live recorded music.
I understand but look at it from there vantage, early 80's the music now is so much better I agree but sometimes I like that vintage style of music cause its rather unique I will give you an example of both

minibosses is a novelty band that changes old nes songs into modern rock play and it sounds awesome it brings back memories.

Look at the soundtrack for, any PS2 game like Dragon Quest 8 the music is just so awesome....

I know that live beats it but for the sake of it being used over and over again, 8-bit you have a lot more creativity with then orchestrated pieces. I mean covering so I like 8 bit as much as I do love when it is orchestrated.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:I understand but look at it from there vantage, early 80's the music now is so much better I agree but sometimes I like that vintage style of music cause its rather unique I will give you an example of both

From the vantage point of Nintendo releasing a flagship game on their new system with half-assed music? That doesn't really say much for them except maybe "We were running out of time or money or both" or "We don't care to make this is good as it could be." Live recorded music isnt just icing on the cake, it's pretty much required for a nice sparkly game these days. At least it should be.

When you're judging a game on subjective factors like sound and graphics, you have to leave out all the "it looks/sounds good/bad" and simply talk about it objectively in terms of framerates, color palettes, and sound quality, things which are pretty much impossible to argue with. I'm not saying that 8-bit bleeps and bloops aren't charming, because there are a plethora of amazing tunes on the NES that I go around humming all the time. But when you get to a 6th gen system and you hear a MIDI sound track with little depth, it's pretty disappointing. When you have such a much better way of doing things at your disposal, why would you go back to old technology?