Join our server on Discord

PS3: Is it worth it?
Nintendo was stupid with marketing, they anticipated there sales to be down so they halved all there amounts to all stores, and now they are really in a bad place. Because of it, they could lose everything.

I think so Unknown.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Besides frfom what I hear Nintendo doesnt even care about keeping up with the latest technology ((I think a guy named Gunpay encouraged using old tech in new ways but finding a new way to play cup and ball...your still playing cup and ball))

but at least it doesnt have the glitchy games the identity thieft the 4 lights of death the ((etc etc etc)) problems the 360 has
Well everyone has problems but still, corporate power like theirs is too much to mess them up. They own the handheld market.
you know in the time I've had my PS3 I've heard of 30-60 360's breaking and 1 Wii breaking but my PS3 still works ((Something about a security bar issue with the Wii))
Here are the major issues with three systems.

Nintendo Wii
> Has an easy time of falling out of your hand. (even with using the lariat.)
> The censor that you use to play, well becomes faulty and doesn't read the signal sometimes.
> Lastly there is an issue with some of the serial numbers being faulty and won't open to work the wi-fi function.

Playstation 3
> Has problems with reading the older games. Playstation one and two.
> The cooling unit it has right now, has a chance of burning out.
> The controller has to be charged well without a usb to power cord. Some of the ones with the unit have been faulty.

Xbox 360
> A big problem with disc reading well, the lens seems to skip alot more then the previous Xbox.
> There seems to be a problem with connecting the option Blue Ray Disc VD player to the system console. It burns out the disks even more then a playstation 3.
>Graphic system major but less then a 1% chance of occuring.) it mutuates the graphics, and it doesn't save any information besides songs.

Those are the major problems I have heard/ researched about.

Financially, the cheapest to repair without warranty is the Wii followed by the 360 followed by the Playstation 3.

Right now though, I still think the wii has the better chance in the short term.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
senjuro Wrote:Okay, this just needs to be said about Twilight Princess.

I'm a Nintendo fan and I think it fucking sucked and didn't live up to the hype, so where does that leave us? The controls sucked, the graphics were less than amazing, the gameplay was boring and repetitive, there was no real voice acting, and the MIDI quality music was abysmal. The Wii's controls were non-intuitive and poorly implemented, and the series breaking canon by making Link left-handed in the Wii iteration was collosally stupid.

Fuck popular. When you break down the game into little components like that and examine each one, the only thing that Twilight Princess really had going for it was a 20 year legacy with a decent story and a good concept on paper. When you factor in the boring gameplay, the mediocre graphics and terrible sound, you don't have much left for a game with no replay modes, do you?

As always, fanboys win the day while the true gamer with a critical eye for quality sits back and sadly shakes his head.

Back on topic: the PS3 is caught in a downward spiral, largely because of its exhorbitant price. Sony priced itself out of the casual gamer market and its only prayer of survival is to team up with Nintendo like they should've a decade ago and stop fighting over third party developers like Capcom, Konami, Square/Enix, and Namco. The world is a better place when people share.

I really agree with you on this, except for the fact that Zelda games never really had memorizing storylines or wonderful gameplay. Zelda games have always been REALLY hit-or-miss, and many times people confuse quality gameplay with nostalgia.

I have played and beaten just about every Zelda game out there. Not because I'm a fanboy, but rather because it's given me something to do and gloat about. While I really enjoyed A Link To The Past and Ocarina of Time, I remember playing Zelda 1 on my NES as a kid and REALLY enjoying it. Returning to the game now, I can't play through the first hour of gameplay without getting bored.

That's what I mean, though. When we were kids and Zelda games were all the rage, we liked them so much because we didn't care about challenging puzzles, gameplay mechanics, camera angles, storyline, music quality, or control. We liked the games because all the kids at school liked the games. Because it was popular. Because we just weren't cool unless we owned the game consoles and the same game copies everyone else owned.

In my opinion, the original Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, both GBC Zelda games (seasons and ages), four swords, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Majora's mask, Wand of Gamelon, Adventures of Zelda, and Faces of Evil all blew goats for quarters. That leaves three Zelda games out of the whole series that I found truly enjoyable and entertaining. Does that mean the rest were ABSOLUTE trash? No. Hell, if given the chance and enough free time, I'd play through most of them again.

While there are games which are fun and games that aren't, why be so damn picky? I don't know, man. I play games to have fun. I don't see the point in being picky about every little aspect of a game. So long as I can sit down with a controller in my hands and not feel bored out of my mind, I'm good.
senjuro Wrote:Back on topic: the PS3 is caught in a downward spiral, largely because of its exhorbitant price. Sony priced itself out of the casual gamer market and its only prayer of survival is to team up with Nintendo like they should've a decade ago and stop fighting over third party developers like Capcom, Konami, Square/Enix, and Namco. The world is a better place when people share.

Exuberant price or not, it's not the price that has Sony reeling behind Nintendo and Microsoft. It's the lack of quality software. Sony set themselves up for failure by making the system so damn hard to code on. Much like the PS2 back in the day, the biggest complaint from 3rd party developers is that the system is so awkwardly set up that making calls to hardware is insanely difficult. The second biggest complaint is that Sony charges a BUTTLOAD in publishing fees.

Consumer's complain that the system is too dang expensive. Think about it, though... I'm sure releasing a blu-ray player before the technology was even finalized upped the price to consumers drastically. The thing that most consumers don't know is that the PS3 is barely capable of pushing more polygons than the Xbox 360. You can thank Sony for swapping out their planned graphics chipset with some low-grade counterpart to increase profits during the last couple of months before the console's release.

...and that suggestion that Sony merge with Nintendo as they should have done a decade ago. Someone doesn't know their console history. It was Nintendo that took a proverbial dump on Sony back in 1994. It went a little something like this:

Nintendo: Hey... let's make an add-on to the Super Nintendo that reads CDs! Yo, Sony... are you in?
Sony: Sure. Let me throw together a design and I'll get back to you.
Nintendo: Boy, it sure is taking Sony a long time. Hey, let's see what Phillips can do!
Phillips: OMG, totally! We're in. We'll get right on a design!
Sony: Hey, wait a minute! We're almost done! Why did you go to Phillips?
Nintendo: We just want options. I'm sure you'll probably come up with a better design anyway.
Sony: Damn skippy! Let me just finish this up... and BAM! There's your add-on!
Nintendo: Nice, nice. Phillips? Got anything?
Phillips: We're still working on it. Give us a while.
Nintendo: You know what, guys... screw this. We'll just make a totally new console.
Sony: What!?!
Phillips: WHAT?!?
Sony: What about all the money we poured into research and development?
Nintendo: What about it? You can't expect us to actually pay you back! We're barely making money off of our Super Nintendo and Gameboy titles. *snicker, snicker*
Phillips: Yeah, I guess you're right, Nintendo. We'll just coward out and release our CD-i, overprice it, under advertise, and wonder why the hell nobody buys it.
Nintendo: Tell you what, Phillips... just to hit you back, we'll release 3 or 4 crappy Zelda and Mario games on your system, then pay you an ass-load of royalties based on the number of copies they sell. *lol! Snort!*
Sony: FUCK YOU, NINTENDO! We're stealing your controller designer! We're going to make a new console, too... and just to chap your ass, we're going to use essentially the same design we showed you for the add-on you butt fucked us over.

Hope that was entertaining.
yeah developers to tend to whine about things
Stop double posting please. You can use the edit button.
UnknownH Wrote:Stop double posting please. You can use the edit button.

But... but... but... that was a LOT of text. I thought it'd be nice to split it up for readability and such.

OK, ok. I'll give, but only because you can ban my ass! lol.