Join our server on Discord

PS3: Is it worth it?
Is the new PS3 good? Some of the games have my attention, like Resistance: Fall of Man, but everyone said the PS2 was good; after I bought one, I grew bored with it and sold it.

And are they doing the same thing they did with the X360; selling two kinds of systems with one having all the cool stuff but costing more?
A system being "worth it" depends pretty much entirely on the person who's buying it.

Personally, a PS3 is overpriced, but once the price drops, it's going to be the nex-gen console that I'll be buying, since that's where most of the franchises I'm interested in are going.

I'll still keep my PS2, though. The PS3 is apparently having serious backwards compatibility problems that the PS2 does not have at all.
I would say "Why is this in General and not in the Video Game Central" but that's off-topic.

Yes. Until the PS3 drops it's quite.... high, price, I'm not buying it. The only things at the moment I find that I would like on there is Devil May Cry 4~~ Unless there's another game I've forgotten.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
It isn't for the price.
I'll limit myself to just buy a PS2, I won't buy the most expensive ones, yet.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
It is not worth the price it is currently at. Ultimately, as others have said, it comes down to personal taste of the games. Personally, I don't see enough games for it to warrant a purchase. Added to the fact that I really haven't been interested in games these days hampers my enthusiasm even more.
It's not worth it. Not now, not in a year and not in two years. If you can buy both Wii AND X-box360 with the same money and with better established games, you know Sony's pretty much screwed.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
You know the president was changed at sony. Kind of like what microsoft did.
MISTER BIG T Wrote:It's not worth it. Not now, not in a year and not in two years. If you can buy both Wii AND X-box360 with the same money and with better established games, you know Sony's pretty much screwed.

Out of curiosity, which better established games are you referring to?

The only XBox title I'd heard people rave about is Halo.

Nintendo fans can't really cite a good Zelda game since Majora's Mask. Bring on the Mario games, I suppose. Nothing's better established than that.

Sony has Final Fantasy, Tekken, Metal Gear, and Resident Evil on board for the PS3 (those are probably the biggest ones). I'm not much into the other systems, so I don't know who's on board for the other consoles. That's why I'm asking.

NOTE: I'm not defending the PS3's exhorbitant price! I'm just curious!!!!
I remember reading somewhere that some of those developers are considering putting their games on all the consoles because the wiis different controller and the fact that they aren't sure how well the ps3 will do with it's price.

Really the game industry is all Sony has left. They are losing in tvs and mp3s. Their movies with the exception of a few like spiderman aren't doing well.