Join our server on Discord

PS3: Is it worth it?
Nice to see T telling like it is about the Wii. I wouldn't be surprised if he bragged that he had a bigger one then everyone here. heh heh
Okay, this just needs to be said about Twilight Princess.

I'm a Nintendo fan and I think it fucking sucked and didn't live up to the hype, so where does that leave us? The controls sucked, the graphics were less than amazing, the gameplay was boring and repetitive, there was no real voice acting, and the MIDI quality music was abysmal. The Wii's controls were non-intuitive and poorly implemented, and the series breaking canon by making Link left-handed in the Wii iteration was collosally stupid.

Fuck popular. When you break down the game into little components like that and examine each one, the only thing that Twilight Princess really had going for it was a 20 year legacy with a decent story and a good concept on paper. When you factor in the boring gameplay, the mediocre graphics and terrible sound, you don't have much left for a game with no replay modes, do you?

As always, fanboys win the day while the true gamer with a critical eye for quality sits back and sadly shakes his head.

Back on topic: the PS3 is caught in a downward spiral, largely because of its exhorbitant price. Sony priced itself out of the casual gamer market and its only prayer of survival is to team up with Nintendo like they should've a decade ago and stop fighting over third party developers like Capcom, Konami, Square/Enix, and Namco. The world is a better place when people share.
senjuro Wrote:I'm a Nintendo fan and I think it fucking sucked and didn't live up to the hype, so where does that leave us?

I don't know but I'm sure you're about to tell me.

Quote:The controls sucked

How so? Oh well, let's look down and see if you can explain that one to me.

Quote:the graphics were less than amazing

So there could be Game Cube version

Quote:the gameplay was boring and repetitive,

Are you kidding? This game had the least repetitive gameplay. One minute you're riding around field dodging flame arrows of golbin riders, the next you're challenging their leader to a duel on a bridge. And the finale against Ganondorf has got to be the greatest one I've ever seen in any game ever made.

Quote:there was no real voice acting

Voice acting does not always equal a good game, and it takes much more space and thus causes more load times and machine stressing. Plus, the hero doesn't speak at all which would make the game a bit akward.

Quote:and the MIDI quality music was abysmal.

This is more of a taste preference but I thought the music really fitted in the game. What, should there have been more rap and heavy metal or something?

Quote:The Wii's controls were non-intuitive and poorly implemented,

And this is your explanation on why the controllers suck?

On Wii, you perform the spin slash with one good wrist move. On GC, you have to hold your button down which feels very akward after trying the game on Wii. The aiming also works much better and faster.

Quote:and the series breaking canon by making Link left-handed in the Wii iteration was collosally stupid.

It's not really colosally stupid at all. This isn't the same Link you dolt. None of the Links, save Link to the past and Links Awakening and the Oracle series together are the same Links.

Quote:Fuck popular.

Yeah, fuck successful game. Fuck public opinion! FUCK THE REVIEWS!!!

Quote:When you break down the game into little components like that and examine each one, the only thing that Twilight Princess really had going for it was a 20 year legacy with a decent story and a good concept on paper.

You didn't break the game down successfully nor did you even mention the awesome things in the game. After the shitty tutorial hour, the game's almost non stop action.

Quote:When you factor in the boring gameplay

If by boring you refer to good and fun gameplay, yeah this game is pretty boring.

Quote:, the mediocre graphics and terrible sound

Yeah! There's no anti aliasing or bump mapping! Grr, the game doesn't have realistic shadows! The sounds aren't fully orchestated (However you spell it) so clearly this game has less value than some other adventure game with all those things in it!

Quote:, you don't have much left for a game with no replay modes, do you?

I never ever want to play the stupid start over again, no wonders and awesome features would make me replay that.

Quote:As always, fanboys win the day while the true gamer with a critical eye for quality sits back and sadly shakes his head.

You know, this is the reason I even replied to you.

"True gamer" is such a bullshit term when used in this context that I'll just simply call it "whiner" instead; because all you do is whine and bitch and not enjoy a perfectly great and enjoyable game. "True gamers" as you say can never be happy, they always seek things to whine about just so they can point out the game isn't THAT good so they can continue to feel superior when they bitch.

What's even more incredible is how you somehow place yourself above everyone else by saying fuck the popularity and all else, while you try and act as if no one else's opinion matters "Fanboys win, we True gamers shake our heads" which probably implies something along the lines that if you enjoy games, you can't enjoy Twilight Princess? I am sorry, I just have no idea what the term" True gamer" means obviously. I wouldn't have even posted any of that boring stuff if you had just went on and said you didn't think it lived to premiere of the previous games and that you yourself don't think it's as good.

By the way, Midna has got to be the sexiest midget wearing stone helmet ever made. With added bonus of not yelling "HEY!!" every other second.

[Image: 1178555743036pd8.gif]
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
You complained about a hand? I always thought he could use both. Yeah. I always thought he could do that. Besides, that seems really fanboy/otaku-ish to complain about.
And T, some people have really latched on to midna. I have a lot more pictures of her at another site.
I want to see.... Any of her true form or the spider form?

The problem with the PS3 is that there is so much potential for greatness in that machine, but no one has yet been able to do so.

When consumers were awaiting launch day for the PS3, Sony had raised the expectation bar too high, believing that just because the PS3 was so powerful, people were going to buy it even if there were no games for it. That was Sony's first biggest mistake.

The second regards the innards. Because their technology is so new and different from everything else on the market, the designers and programmers have to relearn everything for the PS3. More power= more effort, which is something most companies are not willing to do when they are making the game a multi-platform. Ironically, the PS3 ports could look worse than the ports on the 360 and Wii.

The third biggest mistake was the gaming lineup. Upon launch day, the only must-buy game was Resistence: Fall of Man. In order to get your console to sell, you have to have a good starting lineup.

The Wii had a very decent starting lineup. Wii Sports, ExiteTruck, WarioWare, and so on. The Mega-Buster of them all, however, was most definately Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The game alone sold the Wii, and sales reports show that Zelda sold enough copies to accompany 95% of all Wiis sold.

What I am trying to say is that the PS3 needed a launch title that would make it worth the hefty price tag. They already have some mega hitters that are coming out soon, like Final Fanstasy XIII, Lair, and Metal Gear Solid 4. However, these games need to compensate for the $600 you'd be ponying up for the PS3.
The OCA
MISTER BIG T Wrote:I want to see.... Any of her true form or the spider form?

Ask reclaimer. I gave him a link too.
MISTER BIG T Wrote:So there could be Game Cube version

Then there should've been JUST a GC version with mediocre graphics OR a Wii version with fantastic graphics and better music. Instead. the GC version looks great, and the Wii version looks disappointingly the same.

Quote:Are you kidding? This game had the least repetitive gameplay.

You can cite a bunch of the more exciting gameplay elements all you want, but it's the 20 or so hours in between that make the game, not the few memorable checkpoints in between.

Quote:Voice acting does not always equal a good game, and it takes much more space and thus causes more load times and machine stressing. Plus, the hero doesn't speak at all which would make the game a bit akward.

Getting around a silent protagonist with voice acting is easy, much easier than Final Fantasy X's getting around never saying Tidus' name. Hearing some quality voice acting would be great. It not being there wouldn't be such a big deal 6 years ago, but voice acting is pretty much expected these days. And for the game to include people saying nonsense syllables is childish and, I felt, insulting to a mature gaming audience.

Quote:This is more of a taste preference but I thought the music really fitted in the game. What, should there have been more rap and heavy metal or something?

Note that I said "MIDI quality" meaning that the sound quality is ASS. I was expecting grand orchestral gestures that would thrill me to my core. Instead, I get electronic beeps and boops, vainly simulating orchestral music. Was the music good? Sure, it had all the classic old tunes and a bevy of new ones, but they wasn't presented very attractively. It sounded tinny, and the Wiimote's controller buzzing with equally abysmal quality every time I did ANYTHING was equally atrocious.

Quote:On Wii, you perform the spin slash with one good wrist move. On GC, you have to hold your button down which feels very akward after trying the game on Wii. The aiming also works much better and faster.

The spin slash and the shield attack were pretty much interchangeable in terms of execution, and I found often that I got one when I wanted the other. And what's wrong with executing the spin slash the same way it's always been done since its inception? No comment on the aiming, as one or the other is just as intuitive to me after 20 years of gaming.

I'm sorry that you felt that I broke it down inadequately, but I'm not going to fawn over a game and make excuses for its slipshod quality simply because it bears the name "Legend of Zelda."

Quote:If by boring you refer to good and fun gameplay, yeah this game is pretty boring.

No, I meant boring, as in "The fishing mechanics suck," or "Walking around with no direction until I randomly run into the bridge I need to teleport," or "I can't find the last two of those damned teardrops," or "Okay, I got the dungeon item and have been around the whole dungeon fifty times...now what the hell do I do?" Y'know, that kind of boring.

Quote:Yeah! There's no anti aliasing or bump mapping! Grr, the game doesn't have realistic shadows! The sounds aren't fully orchestated (However you spell it) so clearly this game has less value than some other adventure game with all those things in it!

I'm pointing out that the game has lots of sore spots that fanboys snap back at when people poke them as I did. Thanks for proving my point. Like I said, a gamer with an eye for quality can appreciate games as a package deal, but is also capable of looking at its flaws and judging it fairly. Sorry if you think I'm wrong to expect high quality for a 7th gen system; I do. Sorry if you think that clipping is excusable; I don't. Sorry if you think MIDI quality music is acceptable for a 7th gen system; I don't. Sorry if you're satisfied with a less than excellent product; I'm not.

Maybe I have higher standards for a game than you. That doesn't make either of us better. It just seems that I'm able to review a game far more objectively than you because I see things you either don't see or decide to patently ignore.
UnknownH Wrote:
MISTER BIG T Wrote:I want to see.... Any of her true form or the spider form?

Ask reclaimer. I gave him a link too.

Man someone should make manga out of the ending. Link is such a pimp, he's got three women in the end.....Twisted

While on subject of Midna's goods, am I the only one who thinks she was more attractive when she was the Imp?

bottom line with the selection of games comming for PS3 resistance and the selection of games avaliable on the PSN store it's obvious that the PS3 is well worth it