Join our server on Discord

Poll: Laser Tag or Paintball
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Laser Tag
52.94%
9 52.94%
Paintball
47.06%
8 47.06%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Laser tag or Paintball (what's your favorite and why)
Quote:I have watched paintball matches on ESPN and they look really cool.

Oh it is fun. It really gets your heart pumping and your adrenaline flowing. I've always had fun whenever I go. After my first game, I was thinking "Where has this been all my life?"
*gasp*
They actually have paintball matches on TV?!
That is so awesome!
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Quote:No offense, but if you've never played it, you wouldn't be good at it your first time (talking from experience). In any case, paintball isn't as painful as people say it is; the worst you'll feel is a quick sting and then have a bruise for a few days.

Really, the first time I played, people feared me because of my shot, so talking from "experience" going to Skirmish in Pennsylvania, I say anyone with a decent understanding of video game knowledge and just can point the gun properly can be an asset to any team. I averaged about 8 kills, per game which was the best on the "red team" ....

I've played laser tag and it no where matches the fun of paintball...and the bruise thing, big whoop, like seriously I came home having none because you "bundle up" cause we went in like January and it was cold so we layered on. I admit that one ball caught me on the chin and I was bleeding but big deal....Playing this is amazing you got to try and its a load of fun...
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Quote:Really, the first time I played, people feared me because of my shot,

Were you going up against people who had played long before you had even heard of Paintball? And I didn't say I did lousy; we had one scenario called Hamburger Hill, with a bunker at the top of a hill and various covers below. I was on the team outside of the bunker, and the objective was to capture the flag, which was in the middle of the field.

Amazingly for my first time, I used rapid fire shots to keep the opposing team members' heads down and advanced from cover to cover. When I got to where the flag was, I just kind of laid there behind the cover because I thought I would have to grab it and run back down, which would have been nearly impossible with how much paint the opposing team was unloading at me. Boy, was I surprised when the game was over when I just touched the flag.

Quote:and the bruise thing, big whoop,

No kidding. It pisses me off more than it hurts me. The worst "injury" I had was being shot three times in the chest at nearly point-blank range. Except for pissing me off big time and giving me bruises for a few days, it didn't affect me at all. Although, I've always played in late summer/early fall, so "bundling up" isn't an option.
Word of advice. If you are playing speedball, with only 3-4 people per team, do what I did. Ahem...

Me, my younger brother, and my buddy Marc were playing paintball at a place called Ballbusters. After playing in the woods, playing speedball is easy.

So, we were killing these 4 guys who cept on challenging us, because they wanted to win one I guess. Finnaly, I said for us to change around teams to make it more fair. I sent my lil bro over there, so that it was just me and Marc.

Now, the size of the speedball feild is about the size of a basketball court, so it was pretty close shooting.

Here was my plan that I made because I was being cocky and I was bored: Marc was to stay in the middle on our side, and stand behind the taco shaped bunker. (Marc's height makes it so that he can stand, where everyone else has to crouch. Bigtime advantage.)

Marc started laying down random cover fire, and I started to run straight at them, with my gun in one hand. I quickly cut to the right sideline, and ran down the side, lighting up all 5 of them in about 5 seconds.

If anyone ever tells you not to use one hand, don't believe them. If you have a strong grip, you can tag the hell out of them. Try sprinting and shooting at the same time with two hands. You will miss, or trip.

As it turned out, I got shot by my brother as I shot him. Since Marc was the only one left, we won.

We left after that, acting like we were bored. Those other 4 guys were so ashamed. The ref stoped the car as we were driving out and said:

"Please, Please, don't join the army. You will die in seconds."

We all had a good laugh, because we all knew that all those paintballs that flew right past my head as I was running would have hit me if they were real bullets.

Moral of the story: Using cover and using tactics can win you the fight, but running out like a fuckin dumbass and actually taking out the whole team in seconds will give you braging rights forever.

Oh yeah, I like lazertag, but paintball is far better. Now I want to play PB with you guys.
Renamon's Army
I'm not a big fan of speedball; I'm more into scenario paintball.

Quote:but running out like a fuckin dumbass.

I bluffed a guy doing that once. I had run out of paint and decided to go do some good before I was tagged, so I stood up and charged this guy behind cover, dry-firing my marker and yelling at the top of my lungs. Well, he stayed behind the cover and I bunker-tagged him (does anyone else besides me hate bunker tagging?).

Quote:Now I want to play PB with you guys.

Come to Arkansas and look for a place called Paintball Arkansas. Let me know and I'll meet you there lol.
If only I were rich, I would. Plane tickets are expensive.

I love bunker taging!

I love it when they try to tag mine, because I can light them up at point-blank range right before they get there.

Also, something about jumping over the bunker right on top of your lil bro is just hilarious.

Woodsball is my fav, and when we play at my nieborhood park it's fun too.
(One guy gets up in the playground things, and has to fend off all of the other players, who are charging from a large open feild.)

If you can aim well, it's the most fun to be in the playground.
Renamon's Army
PAAAAAIIIIIINTBAAAAAALL! >XD

It is just so much fun to play... :P
Quote:I love bunker taging!

Something about it just puts me off; I think it's an unfair way to get someone out. In any case, I prefer to shoot people out rather than just walk up to the bunker and tap it. With how much people use cover in PB, it's just too easy to do.

Quote:If you can aim well, it's the most fun to be in the playground

How the heck do you "aim" one of those things? In my experience, you're lucky if the paintballs go anywhere close to what you're pointing the mark at. My tactic is to simply point, shoot off a burst, and hope I hit something. I've never actually hit someone with a well-aimed shot.
I like paint ball 'cause u actually hit the person, unlike laser tag. It gives u the first hand experience of a gun. Not some light from a toy...
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds