Join our server on Discord

Times change, so does technology.
Yeah I definitely do agree with you Senjuro. Legend of Zelda has always been a big hit with Nintendo fans. This particular game has all of the features you'd expect to see in a Zelda game, maybe even more. But the controls don't really take full advantage of a motion-sensitive controller. Aside from aiming the slingshot, bow or boomerang and some other uses like looking around in first-prespective the need to point the controller and move it is sort of not used as good as it could be.

Most of the time the fairy icon that looks familiar to Nami I believe it was from Ocarina of Time just moves according to the controller's point of view which has no effect on the game itself. Plus the bell-tinkling noise it does gets on my nerves. I'm still waiting on my PS3 so I can't give a full report on which console is the best but I have a hunch the PS3 is going to be my fav.
DV85 Wrote:Yeah I definitely do agree with you Senjuro. Legend of Zelda has always been a big hit with Nintendo fans. This particular game has all of the features you'd expect to see in a Zelda game, maybe even more. But the controls don't really take full advantage of a motion-sensitive controller. Aside from aiming the slingshot, bow or boomerang and some other uses like looking around in first-prespective the need to point the controller and move it is sort of not used as good as it could be.

That makes up the bulk of my review, since it's all I could really evaluate. But thank you for agreeing with me!
UnknownH Wrote:I don't really care about the rating. I'll play what I want.

same, the rateing is the least important factor when i get a game,

graphics being the second least, wtf is it with people and graphics now days? a game thats all graphics and no gameplay, is a waste of a disk, the developers lives, and, the light traveling between it, and all who see it, i'd rather go back to my NES than play most of the crap i see on the shelves all the time, games i want anymore are few and far between, and none of them are for the graphics....

the wii, interests me, as does twilight princess, i read in an issue of game informer something about it taking nearly 45 real-life minutes to get from one side of the map to the other, if thats true, then this game is huge, and when i get the game, even though it will be for GC due to my current lack of a wii, i will spend many hours exploreing every centimeter of that map, and this will certainly be the best legend of zelda game ever...
Quote:about it taking nearly 45 real-life minutes to get from one side of the map to the other,

Well I haven't gotten to that stage of the game yet, I just finished the second dungeon and freed the Goron leader. But I would imagine that if you ride your horse it wouldn't take as long. If the something you heard of refers to walking then I would definitely imagine it could take that long seeing how large the land is.
digital1 Wrote:...as does twilight princess, i read in an issue of game informer something about it taking nearly 45 real-life minutes to get from one side of the map to the other, if thats true, then this game is huge, and when i get the game, even though it will be for GC due to my current lack of a wii, i will spend many hours exploreing every centimeter of that map, and this will certainly be the best legend of zelda game ever...

By that logic, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas shoudl fascinate you even more, since it takes MUCH longer than 45 minutes to walk the whole length of the island.

In recent Wii news, reports of broken wrist straps are starting to come out, accompanying stories of broken TVs and damaged walls. Could it be that Nintendo's demonstrations in commercials of people wildly swinging their arms combined with the natural sweaty-slickness of the controller lead to lawsuits? Nintendo had better look at their stuff again. It shouldn't be the apparently "inexperienced" Wii gamer's responsibility to ensure that their walls, TVs, Ming vases, and other precious articles are safe from flying hardware. You SHOULD be able to just sit with the controller in your lap and play the game in a near catatonic state like we've been doing for over 20 years.

There are rumors of Nintendo releasing some kind of grip gloves or rubber fitting for over the controller to increase grip. Good idea...or they could've just gotten in right on the first try and not used a material that doesn't make your hands sweat like crazy.

Here's a video documenting such a breakage, as well as an up close look at the tenuous bindings that keep the controller attached to the strap.
http://www.infendo.com/2006/11/duck-flyi...-tape.html
Yes but I prepared for this. http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2006...ninte.html
You swing it too hard.
Granted people shouldn't swing too hard, but by following that logic back, Nintendo should've made the controller out of a material that doesn't make your hand sweat, or not made movement based controls at all. It shouldn't be an issue of people swinging it too hard. The game should just not interpret actions at that range and tell you so.

That Nintendo didn't foresee this coming shows that they didn't really think very long and hard about the problems this "revolutionary" control sceme could present, and only on what they could (but didn't) do with it.
I'd like to see a rifle attachment for the Wii.
Dude...that would be awesome..
Blowin' up things..
Barrels, people...more people...
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA
You mean the Wii Zapper? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_remote#Wii_Zapper

It's not even orange!!

That won't stop me from bashing the Wiimote, though ^_^