Join our server on Discord

Times change, so does technology.
Well its that time of the year again. Holiday season. In relation to VG's, I was wondering how everybody is going about with the new systems coming out. I already pre-ordered my Wii and PS3 back before the summer even started at a store in the mall 25 minutes from my house. The whole thing will set me back about $850 but I can cover it. I got the XBOX 360 last year around Dec. 25th without any problems so I hope this year the same thing will happen. I get 2 games with the preorders. I was thinking Resistance: Fall of Man for PS3 and Rainbow Six Vegas, that is until it was delayed until January, I just found out by going to Gamestop's website. I already have Call of Duty 3 for XBOX 360, getting Sonic the Hedgehog and own F.E.A.R for PC. So I'm not sure what else to get.

As for Wii, definitely Red Steel and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. By browsing the upcoming games it appears to me a lot of good stuff is coming out in the future. There's also been a bunch of stuff that simply doesn't interest me or got horrid reviews. So, what's on your list for games you want? Better yet, did you secure preorders for the new consoles, provided you want them in the first place? Lately, I've traded in over 40 games and got back $274.75. Not bad for stuff I don't play anymore.
My nephew is getting a Wii he says. I'll get one later.
I'm not getting a PS3 for awhile, I haven't had much luck with launch systems, my PS2 broke a week after I bought it. As for the Wii I'm kinda interested but I'm happy with the systems I have now so I'm gonna hold off on getting new ones for awhile.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wii: I'm going to wait on this one; it might flop like the GameCube.

PS3: Too expensive. End of story.

Xbox 360: Seems great; next-gen bells and whistles, already a proven success and....HALO 3!
I'm not buying any, as of right now. I may not even get around to buying any later in the future. I'm thinking about taking a long break from video games.
Wii: I'm not really into any of the franchises Nintendo hosts. Also, the controls seem so gimmicky that I laugh everytime I think about it. Ha! I'm laughing right now.

XBox 360: My chosen console's mortal enemy, I've never really had an opportunity to play one. That being said, I'm not going to run out and drop a bunch of dollars on a system when I've only heard lots about one game: Halo. One game isn't going to make or break a system for me, especially if it's a genre I suck at.

PS3: Ludicrously expensive, but so tantalizing to me. It has lots of franchises that I'm interested in, and it's where my brand loyalty currently lies. I just need to fatten my wallet significantly before that has even a chance of happening.
PS3:Don't plan on getting,expensive,I'm happy with PS2.

360:Happy with my Xbox,plus I can just go to a friend's house.

Wii:Looks intersesting,cheaper then the others,unique controller design,SUPER SMASH BROTHERS:BRAWL,though I have to wait half a year for that.Might get Wii on my b-day.
senjuro Wrote:Wii: I'm not really into any of the franchises Nintendo hosts. Also, the controls seem so gimmicky that I laugh everytime I think about it. Ha! I'm laughing right now.

You laugh until you see how natural shooting feels in games like Red Steel, Zelda, Call of Duty, Splinter Cell, et cetera. I'm getting one as soon as my finances allow for it.

Quote:XBox 360: My chosen console's mortal enemy, I've never really had an opportunity to play one. That being said, I'm not going to run out and drop a bunch of dollars on a system when I've only heard lots about one game: Halo. One game isn't going to make or break a system for me, especially if it's a genre I suck at.

Disregard the previous comment as you claim to suck at FPS games... although maybe more intuitive controls would help. 360 is the mass-market version of PS3. More of the same.

Quote:PS3: Ludicrously expensive, but so tantalizing to me. It has lots of franchises that I'm interested in, and it's where my brand loyalty currently lies. I just need to fatten my wallet significantly before that has even a chance of happening.

LOL, I thought you went your own way, but you have "brand loyalty"? Sheep have brand loyalty to Sony at this point... but I guess they're not raping your wallet if you open it for them, hmm?

My plan is Wii as soon as my finances (and supplies of the system) allow, and a 360 sometime next summer. I do my thing and I give my loyalty to the games -- and the games tell me that Wii is the place to go. Wii will not flop, and will be the top seller, the top profiter, and the top new and old experiences in video games. If you want what you've had for five years, just prettier, get a 360 or PS3. If you want new experiences or console classics, go with Wii. As for the controls being "gimmicky"... a lot of games support the Classic Controller. And a gimmick doesn't work properly -- like SIXXAXIS. The remote, in my experience with the display units, is fine unless you overdo things. SIXXAXIS on the other hand stabilizes before you level out the controller.

I'm also not planning to pay $70+ for any video games on optical disc media. The $50 price point for Wii titles is fine for me.
Nate makes good points. Plus the games on the Wii may get me to play an FPS. And I dislike most of them.
Okay, got my monthly magazine today, I WANT THE PS3!! They had an article on what looks like an awesome RPG, good news though, sorta, it's release date isn't for awhile so I can stick with my original plan to hold off on getting a PS3.

Quote:You laugh until you see how natural shooting feels in games like Red Steel, Zelda, Call of Duty, Splinter Cell, et cetera. I'm getting one as soon as my finances allow for it.

I heard the targeting was difficult in Zelda. They say the controller was too sensitive and took alot of getting used to, but a first person sword game, oh man that sounds awesome.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad