Join our server on Discord

Times change, so does technology.
Yeah dude, you hold it like a gun...that's the point. It shouldn't matter hold far out you hold it, because the Wii senses depth, so if you have to stretch too far, try moving your body closer.
UnknownH Wrote:You don't have to do it like that. Just do it so it's natural. Plus can't you switch hands sometimes?

You shouldn't have to. The control scheme should be non-gimmicky so gamers can play in comfort for as long as they like.

The Reclaimer Wrote:I'm enjoying the fact that everyone is gushing about how amazing the PS3 will be (the graphics man, the graphics!) and all of their game reviews are pretty average...and yet the Wii is mopping the floor with quality games.

Well if you're looking at IGN's reviews, then sure. They've never been partial and I rarely agree with their grading schemes. I'd say they're as enamored with the...innovative control scheme as the public, touting it as the next level of gaming and all that other stuff, and I guess that's where the majority of their marks come from.

It's too early in this console war to tell who's going to win. Sony took the last two rounds with little contest. This one will really test their mettle now that the other developers are taking their jobs seriously.
Okay thanks guys. I'll try easing up a bit next time I play. I also managed to get Legend of Zelda at my local Target. They actually had about 12 copies while the store I reserved my system at had none and both GameStop's said the same thing; ''Did you reserve it?'' For whatever reason I didn't reserve anything for my new systems. They only got in what they had on reserve, no extras. What's up with that? Anyway, its all water under the bridge seeing how I got the game.
Too many games go fast. When Final Fantasy X-2 first came out, I wanted it, but the stores were always sold out. So I waited until my birthday, when there were more in stock and bought it.

Once again...try online..
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA
I don't really plan on buying a new or next-gen system for a long time, if ever. Even if I had the cash in the first place, my heart and soul belong to PC gaming. I prefer PC's over consoles simply because that while the next-gen consoles may blow anything I have in my tower out of the water for now, when newer and better video cards, motherboards, Processors and such come out and they will, consoles won't be able to touch them until the companies decided to replace the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii. Interesting bit of useless trivia, did you know the Wii was released in the country on my birthday?
For some reason After browsing GameSpot for about half an hour looking at the lineup for future games for all three nex-gen systems, something has been shown to me clear as day. Since I already made a topic relating to games what better place then to rant and talk a little? That thing anyway is that Nintendo, even with their new motion sensitive controller, will lose this console war. They've been doing pretty poorly since they failed with the GameCube. If I recall, it sold less then the XBOX or PS2. The main reason I feel this way is because the lineup is simply not impressive. They may have some exclusive titles like Sonic and the Secret Rings, Super Mario Galaxy or Super Smash Brothers Brawl but the main thing to remember is that they're all aimed at a young audience. Resident Evil 4 was originally a GameCube exclusive and it did well but none, I repeat, none of the future titles for Wii look like they're going to get an M rating.

Why can't Nintendo realize that times change? Back in the early 1900's I remember people uproaring over a character saying ''damn'' in a movie and look what we have out now. Stuff like The Aristocrats and Clerks 2. Same thing for games. Growing up the most violent act in a game I can recall was jumping on a Goombah or munching one of the four uniquely colored ghosts after swallowing a power pellet. I'm not questioning my purchase of a Wii which I'm glad I did but nevertheless the company behind the Wii is in my opinion going to lose a lot of the billion dollar industry unless they start putting more violent or at least M rated games on their systems.

Most people who play games now a days are teens, mature teens and adults. Kids have better things to do. And even the amount of kids that do play often are allowed to play the more adult-oriented titles. After working at BlockBuster since last August I notice how most parents while not letting their offspring watch the R rated movies often let them rent M rated games. Don't think I'm saying that E, E10+, or Teen games cannot be fun. The main issue I'm trying to address here is that people want variety. There's no real reason for anyone over the age of 17 would want a Wii unless they enjoy the kiddie titles. I did play Red Steel which is rated T for teen but there is not a single drop of blood spewed and the strongest profanity is ''Shit!'' If I was a parent, I'd allow my 12 year old to play it no problem. Same thing with Call of Duty 3 which is also bloodless.

PS3 already has Resistance: Fall of Man, Rainbow Six Vegas, F.E.A.R, Half-Life 2 and more already out or in the works and they're all M. I'm getting it for myself and not to sell on E-Bay. The video game industry is worth so much money and you'd think that if Nintendo wants that share of the dinero that they'd realize why they lost with the last console war. That's my main point of this particularly long post. I had nothing better to do anyway.
The Wii looks very, VERY good to me, but what I want to know...will game companies bite? I'd give up the pretty graphics on the PS3 and 360 is the awesome games were developed for the Wii, but right now the 360 is getting all of the critical titles (Halo 3? Gears of War?).
Just to clarify; I would have had a tough time deciding between a 360 and a Wii if it wasn't for the M-Rated games. Factoring them in, though, and being that I'm 29, the decision was clear; fuck the Wii until it gets some games worth playing.
I don't really care about the rating. I'll play what I want.
I'm in the process of doing up a pretty lengthy review of what I thought about the Wii after playing it for about 4 days. There are some good points, but the bad points are pretty serious in my opinion. When I get it finished and formatted the way I like it, I'll post it up here.

In short, though: if Ninendo's fucking flagship game, Zelda, doesn't make good use of the motion sensitive controls, what the hell is the point of even incorporating them in the first place? I don't want to wave my arms around like I'm flagging down a cab to play a game. I like sitting comfortably in my chair, holding a rounded, ergonomic controller that vibrates occasionally and doesn't make my hands sweat like a whore on payday.

Graphics don't make or break a game, but the controls sure as hell do. Developers are gonna need to wrack their brains to come up with intuitive ways to incorporate it into their games or the Wii is in serious trouble.