Join our server on Discord

Times change, so does technology.
I think they're making a first person sword game. It's based off an anime.
Shadowknight Wrote:Okay, got my monthly magazine today, I WANT THE PS3!! They had an article on what looks like an awesome RPG, good news though, sorta, it's release date isn't for awhile so I can stick with my original plan to hold off on getting a PS3.

Quote:You laugh until you see how natural shooting feels in games like Red Steel, Zelda, Call of Duty, Splinter Cell, et cetera. I'm getting one as soon as my finances allow for it.

I heard the targeting was difficult in Zelda. They say the controller was too sensitive and took alot of getting used to, but a first person sword game, oh man that sounds awesome.

That was six months ago. The reviews this month say it feels smooth and natural. After all, an extra five months of polish can work wonders for a game that was ready a year ago.
Something some people/companies should understand.
I would think that most games would be better if more companies realized that. Especially licensed games.
Nate Hunter Wrote:LOL, I thought you went your own way, but you have "brand loyalty"? Sheep have brand loyalty to Sony at this point... but I guess they're not raping your wallet if you open it for them, hmm?

Haha stop picking on me!

I do go my own way: I'm going where the games I like are. Sony just happens to have them. I don't want to play Halo or Metroid or Mario or Zelda. They were never franchises I really enjoyed. However, I do enjoy Tekken, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, and Metal Gear Solid, the latter particularly so. My brand loyalty is more to Namco, Square-Enix, Capcom, and Konami. If their titles moved over to the Wii...well, I'd have no choice, now, would I?

That being said, Sony shouldn't expect to see a dime out of me for a long time. I'm $50K in debt: I don't have the resources to justify buying a PS3 until the price drops considerably. Until then, I'll just salivate looking at screenshots. I only got my PS2 like 2 summers ago. I still have plenty of mileage to get out of it.

Now stop calling me a sheep, dammit!! :p
Well I got a call from the store I pre-ordered my systems at. As expected, I'm not getting the PS3 at launch day, but they say I'm 100% guaranteed a copy and will most likely get one before Christmas. As for Wii, it should be on on Sunday. Believe it or not I've only been working part-time at McDonalds since 2001 to present and started Blockbuster last August to present also part-time. I just put funds away every now and then for something expensive which definitely paid off this year. And yesterday I watched a special on channel 24, CNBC where I live, called Game something. Anyway, they say an old system around the days of original Nintendo or NES and Sega Genesis cost around $700 retail!

It was made by a guy who left one of the major companies to release his own system. It was supposed to use compact discs instead of cartridges which was cost-effective for that time. But come on! $700?! That's more then the present cost of the PS3! I was born in 1984 but have no recollection of this so-called system. Maybe because I was too busy with the SNES and upset with my folks for not buying me a Sega. To get back on topic though; I am pretty much divided between playing games, writing lemons and watching movies. In relation to games, I'm mainly using the XBOX 360 for now. I hope when PS3 and Wii get into my hands, I'll be able to balance them all out equally.
Wii - has the potential to be really awesome, but I'll wait on the reviews to see how it plays out...plus I want a black one when they release it. $250, good price, $50 games, good price, Concept, good fun. Seems like it will be a great system.

360 - Already have it, already love it. I'm an FPS fan so it's my fit. Only thing is that $60 is getting high for games, it seems like an okay point but any higher and people won't be able to afford them.

PS3 - I wanted to like it, I really did, but Sony just 100% lost me on this one. The design, it looks like a damn scanner! Blu-Ray thrown in there...yeah people the discs hold more media, but the system can't read from the disc as fast, so it gives and takes...plus Blu-Ray discs are more expensive and with the Sony president claiming games could potentially cost up to $100 it's clear Sony dosen't care about the consumer market, just pushing as much expensive things off on people as they can. Which brings us to the price point of PS3...too expensive. Yeah it could be a good Blu-Ray player...if you plan on paying $25-$35 for DVDs that you could get for $15-$25 all for what, clarity you won't notice? My biggest upset with PS3 is that they didn't feel the need to use a motion controller until everyone got excited about the Wii's setup, and that the PSonline market is essentially a direct rip off of Xbox Marketplace...All in all, besides boosting the power of the system and throwing in a bunch of unnessecary media costs, Sony didn't have an original thought with this system, which dissappoints after the PS2...
I was browsing GameSpot's site for news on new games. Keep in mind that this is GameSpot; the game info site and not GameStop the retail chain. There's a game listed as upcoming for the Wii simply called Digimon. There's not a single bit of anything on its page, ie screens, previews, etc. But if you want the link here it is;

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/digimon/index.html

I pray, seriously pray that whomever decides to devlop this game does it right. Digimon World 4 was below mediocore and very repetitive not to mention oddly put together. Digimon World 3, the only other digimon game I played, was good but not great. I don't have a DS so getting the game for that is probably not going to happen.
Yeah, the game *should* get developed it was also in one of my Game Informer mags, as an upcoming Wii game.
Yhe PS3 is out and the Wii is out sunday. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061117/ap_o...n_shooting
Here's something I just wanted to share.