Join our server on Discord

Do your parents insult you?
Your pretty lucky, my dad died when I was 7. Odd thing though, since a child's personality is usually set by the time he/she reaches 5 I'm exactly like him, I look like him, sound like him, and act like him. That might be why my mom worries so much about me, because I remind her a lot of him. Funny, I'm exactly like him and don't even know him. Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into something about me.

Quote:My grandad always tells me that if I shoot someone, avoid the face and nipples, so they can stop the bleeding.

my grandpa always told me, "If you ever get a girl pregnant and leave her I'll castrate ya." Lol, my grandpa rocked and terrified me.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
My Mom doesn't mock me, my dad does though, in indirect ways. For example, today I had to start the yard vaccuum to get the leaves off the lawn.. when I started he clapped and said," See, you aren't that stupid!" so in a way, yeah I'm mocked but I don't care really.
Veemon's Followers
well there are alot of parents like that .... well you see sometimes they don't have much to talk about ... I'd recomened you finding a way to lighten up and just keep the conversation , saying stuff like sure will or I know ( in not a angry manner). don't let them get to ya with simple things , expect respect from close friends don't worry that much about your family.
Veemon's Followers
Oh, my dad does stuff like that. But only when we do stuff like work. Or like when he tryed to teach me to drive. We don't work together a lot. I tend to mess up a lot then.
Nowadays, I speak condescendingly to my parents a lot more than they do to me. I tell them they have to be more responsible with their money in various specific ways.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Whenever he says you aren't dumb just start acting retarded.

Example.

Dad: See? You aren't that stupid.

You: YAY!! I STARTED THE THINGY!! COOKIE PLEASE!!
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Sometimes it's unfair, but.....well, if the cap fits, wear it.
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:My Mom doesn't mock me, my dad does though, in indirect ways. For example, today I had to start the yard vaccuum to get the leaves off the lawn.. when I started he clapped and said," See, you aren't that stupid!" so in a way, yeah I'm mocked but I don't care really.

Bah, he's just being playful.
cboy Wrote:My parents are still treating me like I'm a five year old when I'm twenty. The other night when I was heading out to help at a haunted house, my dad saw me getting into my costume.

He says "Don't drive with your mask on." Yeah, like that never occured to me. And my parents do that on a regular basis (tell stuff I already know). They continually insult my intelligence, and if I tell them they're doing that, my dad gets angry.

Not only that, but sometimes when I do things my dad doesn't like, he'll tell me by mocking me, when simply telling me not to do it would work just as well.

Am I the only one with parents like that? Please tell me I'm not.
Why do you live with your parents?
Maybe no job. That's a good reason.