Join our server on Discord

Something about silence makes me sick
Don't they have wireless earpieces? I heard something about them.

Just use one, so you can still hear, and all it looks like is that you have a hearing aid.

If someone doesn't believe you, just say: "I need the hearing aid so that I can hear your hypocritical conformist statements of bullshit"
Renamon's Army
Quote:Headphones look unprofessional.

But explicit lyrics are professional?

We're not supposed to listen to "crude" music at work, but me and the other cooks are all into really heavy, "screamy" music...the servers don't necessarily like that though. So even though we like to listen to it, and do from time to time, we also realize that they don't like it, and play stuff that they can deal with, yet we still enjoy. Find some music like that, it makes for a much more pleasant work place.

You shouldn't view it as her trying to "conform" you. Perhaps it's her way of hinting to you that other people don't enjoy hearing it (as you stated some others may not enjoy it). It's one thing if you're the only person who can hear it (like headphones) but when everyone can, then you need to compromise. You're a music person so you should be able to understand what its like to feel like you're hearing "crap" music. Even if you love it, someone else may not.

If you really want your music, discuss the headphone idea with your boss, they aren't necessarily unprofessional, and if you keep the volume at a decent level, you can comunicate just fine with those around you.
Quote:If someone doesn't believe you, just say: "I need the hearing aid so that I can hear your hypocritical conformist statements of bullshit"
Yeah, that'll go over well.

Quote:If you really want your music, discuss the headphone idea with your boss
She recently made fun of a former intern for wearing headphones and said she would never hire her because of stuff like that. I really can't wear headphones.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Your boss sounds weird. She married? Because that could be why she's like how she is.
That's a shame...well best of luck with the situation!
UnknownH Wrote:Your boss sounds weird. She married? Because that could be why she's like how she is.

With these days, it hardly matters.
Quote:Your boss sounds weird. She married? Because that could be why she's like how she is.
No man in his right mind would marry her. She's short, fat, ugly, bossy, and she's not nearly as bright as she thinks she is. Actually, I think she's divorced.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'm confused a bit, she'd let you listen to the music before the whole quiting problem but she won't let you wear headphones? If it was just the matter of not being able to hear then I could understand but even when I'm wearing mine, and I'm already a bit hard of hearing, I can still hear pretty well. I guess you don't have much choice but to live with it or find a job that will let you listen to music, a music store would be great for you!
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:Your boss sounds weird. She married? Because that could be why she's like how she is.
No man in his right mind would marry her. She's short, fat, ugly, bossy, and she's not nearly as bright as she thinks she is. Actually, I think she's divorced.
You see, that explains it. If she was divorced, she would get angry a lot.
Well, if you ever quit or get fired, tell her that.
Then walk out laughing. Even if it isn't funny.

Seriously though, it seems you're SOL. Maybe she will lighten up?
Renamon's Army