Join our server on Discord

Castlevania
I can't remember much of the Castlevania I played. Quite old one, I remember. Dang, shoulda recalled the name of it...
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
If it was a nintendo one... the title may not have been too dynamic.

There wasn't anything too unique about the first one save for it being the first. Which, really is, a big point. The only real missing feature is the lack of a Password like the later versions.

The second, Castlevania 2 or "Simon's Quest," this one is pretty easy to recognize. It plays out like an side scrolling RPG. It comes with a little free roaming and an equipment menu. Many of the Game boy Advance Castlevanias work like this. Symphony of the Night plays like it too. Another thing you may recall is the shift between day and night.

The third plays more like the first, but it's Trevor and not Simon. Trevor has a bandanna while Simon does not. A unique feature here was the ability to chose different paths and team up with another character.

If any of those key characteristics pop out then good. Fundamentally speaking, all of the games played similar.
I'm at the Infinate Corridor with the Muramasa.
i only have the original castlevania for nes. never have been able to finish it.
Original NES games were ridiculously hard. If you look at all those videos around the internet of people bitching about how some NES games suck, it's because they find it too hard.

I'd love to see the Angry Nintendo Nerd try and rag on the original MegaMan game (which is retardedly difficult) and see how many people tear into him. I think the reason I was such a much better gamer as a kid than I am now because games back then were fuckin' impossible to beat. Back in the day, sometimes the only way to finish a game was by exploiting flaws in the game's mechanics.
I agree with you on that one, Senjuro.
hmm i thought the second megaman was harder then the original. i always hated the scrolling block stage that had the dragon at the end, died alot on that one before i finished it.
Same goes for Ninja Gaiden. For earlier consoles and for the Xbox. Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox has a steep learning curve for new players. Threw the first couple months people were complaining that the game was too hard, they couldnt get through the first level. (I've beaten it on Normal and Hard mode :) )
The OCA
In Ninja Gaiden:Black I can't beat hard,I hate the cat girl enemies.
Ninja Gaiden has always been hard. I like it that way. Well, one reason why Mega man was so hard was because you had to pretty much do it in one sitting unless you had game genie... although I'm not sure if that could work to skip levels.