Join our server on Discord

One day, I'll turn these thoughts into screams
Heh heh. Poor zeph. I'll help you up.
The best thing you can do for your poetry career/hobby is dump all your Offspring CDs into a pile, pour lighter fluid on them, toss a lit match on top and walk away.
Quote:The best thing you can do for your poetry career/hobby is dump all your Offspring CDs into a pile, pour lighter fluid on them, toss a lit match on top and walk away.
Dexter Holland has an ability to convey complex themes with very simple language. I also happen to have about twenty Bad Religion CD's (Epitaph, The Offspring's former label). Greg Graffin has the ability to convey similar themes with very complex language. I would say the key to writing my style of poetry lies somewhere in between the two. So, what do you listen to? What kind of poetry do you write? I'll be happy to judge you on both. Unlike you, I'll give you reasons for my verdicts.

Other favorite bands of mine:
Rise Against
Soul Asylum
Good Riddance
Soundgarden
Less Than Jake
Husker Du
Hot Water Music
Stabbing Westward
Nirvana
Jerry Cantrell
Foo Fighters
Stone Temple Pilots

...Just to name a few.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'd also like that. I like seeing wise beat someone in a discussion.
Fine, I read the poem. More than rating its quality, which needless to say, it's excellent as usual, I ask you to write about my country, which has those but multiplied for ten. Heh, if only those were our problems...But never mind that, you always have to think that what you do can make a difference, or you're no different from them. Argentina used to be a First World country long ago despite its location, but nowadays you're considered a snob if you have a wee bit of culture. But even so, I try to develop my culture though I'm an outsider and I might always be. I do not give up in what I believe. Times change, customs change, so your feelings, yourself, is the only thing you can, and should, be faithful to.
Quote:But even so, I try to develop my culture though I'm an outsider and I might always be. I do not give up in what I believe. Times change, customs change, so your feelings, yourself, is the only thing you can, and should, be faithful to.
That's all well and good, but there's only so much a relative handful of people can do. The United States is going to be part of Mexico in another hundred years. Argentina is still better than Mexico. If I'm still alive, maybe I'll move down there. Actually, I think I'll move farther south... Antarctica.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:But even so, I try to develop my culture though I'm an outsider and I might always be. I do not give up in what I believe. Times change, customs change, so your feelings, yourself, is the only thing you can, and should, be faithful to.
That's all well and good, but there's only so much a relative handful of people can do. The United States is going to be part of Mexico in another hundred years. Argentina is still better than Mexico. If I'm still alive, maybe I'll move down there. Actually, I think I'll move farther south... Antarctica.
Following your course of thinking, Argentina in another 50 years will be Bolivia. (They come here illegally, nobody kicks them out, and they have a children a year). Bolivia is better than Mexico? I wonder. We were 25 millions in 1978, 30 millions in 1985 and we're 37 millions now. Argentines used to have a negative growth percentage (more people die than the ones that are born). Where do you think those people come from? We must be the only country in the world that, when a kid is born here, he becomes Argentine, so his parents can ask to remain legally (even if they came as illegals).
Oh, and don't come here if you value your life. The World Bank (Bad translation?) has approved a 170 million dollar credit to that Finland paper paste factory, so in a few years Gualeguaych