Join our server on Discord

School violence, abortions, protests.. is this the world?
Sadly this is the world we live in, too few people live their lives trying to make a diffrence that if they make any it's quickly overwhelmed by the negative works of others. Unfortunately so long as people inhabit this world this will be the norm.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Shadowknight Wrote:Sadly this is the world we live in, too few people live their lives trying to make a diffrence that if they make any it's quickly overwhelmed by the negative works of others. Unfortunately so long as people inhabit this world this will be the norm.

Very Very well said.... hmm.... I need to make a group to change the world.. or run for president... hmmm anyway. Well said!
Veemon's Followers
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:I need to make a group to change the world

Believe me there were too many who have already tried that and they have failed miserably. Just listen, we are all selfish in our own ways we some times don't even take in count. We never have motivation until disaster strucks, and that's when it's too late. I really doubt there's any positive point to rise here and I'm sorry I sound very pesimist, but I can hardly imagine a group of people being able to change the world.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
DragonMasterX Wrote:

Believe me there were too many who have already tried that and they have failed miserably. Just listen, we are all selfish in our own ways we some times don't even take in count. We never have motivation until disaster strucks, and that's when it's too late. I really doubt there's any positive point to rise here and I'm sorry I sound very pesimist, but I can hardly imagine a group of people being able to change the world.

Nobody here has heard of the French Revolution or the English Civil War, or even the American Revolution, as it happens. The second one, however, will not happen in your lifetimes.
Quote:Nobody here has heard of the French Revolution or the English Civil War, or even the American Revolution, as it happens. The second one, however, will not happen in your lifetimes.
We've heard of revolutions, but we've also got a system of entertainment that keeps us distracted. They didn't have television, movies, and videogames in the 18th century.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Well I think this shit happens when people are harrased to the point they can't take it anymore, if people are treated in an awfull way being insulted and bullied there's going to be more violence, f***ing with people's minds isn't a game and seems bullies don't get it.

yes stuff ain't good here either =/. here if a guy enters you house with a gun and you defend yourself you can shoot him only one time, if you do it twice you'll end up in jail ( laws are amazingly stupid over here ) you can't have guns or knives with you in public, but muggers can so your f***ed, they can get out of jail in no time and come back for revenge several times.

People live in fear here I was joging with my brother and a lady nearly freaked out because she thought we were going to mug her. I was joging alone once and a guy freaked out aswell.

and about changing the world ... have you tried to change the way a person think it's very very hard ... when they get into the state where they think they're inmortal maybe a good slap could make them think a bit, but it's impractible and only makes violence spread more so it's f***ed up.
Veemon's Followers
Herr Mullen Wrote:There have been shootings in Canda.

You learn something new everyday. You'd think that with the general rarity of firearams in Canada, there'd be huge media interest when stuff like this happens. I missed the one on September the 13th cause I'm living in the US right now.

Ghost_Op Wrote:Look, I may be a serious gamer, but this is one of the stupidest mentalities I've ever heard. Video games are there for fun; leave the real firefights to the soldiers and the police.

Indeed. If there are people who are weak enough for their actions to be influenced by a video game, I think video games are the least of their problems.

mowgly Wrote:Well I think this shit happens when people are harrased to the point they can't take it anymore, if people are treated in an awfull way being insulted and bullied there's going to be more violence, f***ing with people's minds isn't a game and seems bullies don't get it.

Someone can't get broken down that quickly unless they have underlying problems. Grades 6 through 11 were brutal for me and I didn't go toting a gun through my school and blowing people away, and I was an avid gamer at the time. If 5 straight years of demoralizing harassment and ridicule while going through a divorce isn't enough to screw me up, then it shouldn't be enough for anyone else either.

People who do these kinds of things are screwed up to begin with. To blame their actions on other peoples' behavior or a media form is scapegoating. Why are people so loath to believe that some people are just screwed up?
Herr Mullen Wrote:
DragonMasterX Wrote:

Nobody here has heard of the French Revolution or the English Civil War, or even the American Revolution, as it happens. The second one, however, will not happen in your lifetimes.

You are probably right. But our lives have advanced to the point where we have our own ways to get out of problems.

Instead of working for money, we steal it. Instead of romantically trying to get our relief from problems, we use others against their will for our own pleasure. Instead of making ourselves responsible for our own acts, we blame others. It eventually happens to everyone. People are lazy, and we just want the easy way out.

Life's not like it used to be a hundred or more years ago, you know.

EDIT: Dang, Sen beat me to it, lol.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Yeah its pretty messed up how people are... worse then animals i guess.
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:Nobody here has heard of the French Revolution or the English Civil War, or even the American Revolution, as it happens. The second one, however, will not happen in your lifetimes.
We've heard of revolutions, but we've also got a system of entertainment that keeps us distracted. They didn't have television, movies, and videogames in the 18th century.

Plus those were revolutionary movements made by entire nations for a cause that benefited them. Forming a group to help yourselves is much much much (Repeat a thousand times) easier than forming one to help others with no thoughts of reward.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad