Join our server on Discord

School violence, abortions, protests.. is this the world?
Quote:Ok so the UK is safe for now..

Not really. The UK has a high crime rate. They also have don't have anything like a constitution or a Bill of Rights. Parliament holds all the power over there and they can authorize almost anything.
Herr Mullen Wrote:There hasn't been a school shooting in the UK since 1996, and the perpirator was an adult, not a teenager.

There's NEVER been one in Canada.

cboy Wrote:They also have don't have anything like a constitution or a Bill of Rights. Parliament holds all the power over there and they can authorize almost anything.

I'm not sure if that's true or not. Regardless, pretty much any government in the world can pass bills that directly violate a bill of rights or something. Hello, look at that fucking STUPID ass Patriot Act in the US, where the FBI can wiretap you for no reason and detain you indefinitely without charges. That shit's ILLEGAL as hell!
At least in the US, a person won't be arrested for defending his/her home from a break in. In the UK, a person who uses force to defend his/her home and family can be sentanced to life in prison because they caused "unneccesary harm" to the criminal.
cboy Wrote:
Quote:Ok so the UK is safe for now..

Not really. The UK has a high crime rate. They also have don't have anything like a constitution or a Bill of Rights. Parliament holds all the power over there and they can authorize almost anything.

You clearly haven't heard of the House of Lords, or that New Labour isn't the only party with seats. The whole "damage to the criminal" thing is based on the Human Rights Act, which needs major revision. David Cameron wants it scrapped.

There have been shootings in Canda.

Since we're here, you can have the link.
What about that other guy from a Canadian College that just shot a bunch of people.

"Life is like a video-game; you gotta die sometime."

Look, I may be a serious gamer, but this is one of the stupidest mentalities I've ever heard. Video games are there for fun; leave the real firefights to the soldiers and the police.
Quote:There's NEVER been one in Canada.

You might want to check your current events.

->

Quote:what kind of proof do people need to make a change in order to benefit the world and the country? I don't want to live in fear, I don't want to look over my shoulder. Sure it happens but why is it all happening now? How much worse will it have to get before change is taken???

Change is accidental.
"Change is accidental."

For some reason that is a very disturbing thought.
Veemon's Followers
[color=red]Sounds like the world to me./color]
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:I am not sure if any of you have noticed this at all but the world is starting to freak me out. Lets recap the past week. Today on Friday th 29th, a prinicpal was shot and killed by a student. Two days before, 4 students held hostage by a classmate, raped and one killed. 7 days before THAT, two boys were arrested after they were found to have planned a very detailed plan to kill several students. What the hell is with the damn world??? I mean seriously, war on terror, school shootings,teenage pregnancy, drug addiction, steroids, need I go on? Is it just me or is the world in a damn downworld spiral lately... what kind of proof do people need to make a change in order to benefit the world and the country? I don't want to live in fear, I don't want to look over my shoulder. Sure it happens but why is it all happening now? How much worse will it have to get before change is taken???

Whats your side?
A common day in Argentina. Welcome to the jungle, little spoiled First World boy.
Haha thanks for the welcome and Im sorry that it is so common in Argentina.
Veemon's Followers