Join our server on Discord

Woman at work may be close to dying.
I won't lie- that's funny- but I won't laugh- I'm sorry for her- though Mr. Wisemon made sense- I pray for a painless and happy departure for Polly. God Speed Ms./Mrs. Polly.
You know Wise, you piss me off on a regular basis. You probably get enjoyment from this.

Cboy, I am so glad that you could have made Polly's life, or ending there of, better. I don't belive in God Cboy. I have nothing to pray to. Yet, sometimes I find myself praying and hoping. Tonight I will make a point to remember Ms. Polly as I go to sleep, and I will wish her pain to end.

Sorry there are some inconsiderate douchebags out there, you just have to get past 'em.
Renamon's Army
Quote: ask for prayers for a peaceful departure for this woman to end her suffering, and you come along and say that she needs to die to help people get cheaper insurance!
I think you're finally starting to understand.

Quote:Have you noticed how expensive Insurance is? You'd save alot of money lighting her corpse on fire and putting her ashes in a teapot. Think of the possibilities!
I get it. You're trying to outdo me in levity. Well, what we should really do is use her burning corpse to make steam to turn turbines for electricity.

Quote:You know Wise, you piss me off on a regular basis. You probably get enjoyment from this.
I believe in what's best for the majority of living beings with wills to live. Sometimes my opinions seem callous, but I'm really looking out for the greater good.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Good thing Wise broke the ice, now I can speak my mind.

-She's gonna die eventually, better it be now.
-Be nice to her, she might leave you something in her will.
-I don't believe in prayer. Prayer only works with yourself, with a subconscious placebo effect.
-By the way, why are you guys keeping her alive? Once an organism is too frail and weak that it can't support itself anymore, it should die.
-I'm going to die, I'm going to donate my organs to whoever the hell wants them and burn my body. Then I want the ashes to be put into water and make GhosTea. I'll leave 5,000 dollars in my will to whoever drinks it.
Quote:She's gonna die eventually, better it be now.
-I don't believe in prayer. Prayer only works with yourself, with a subconscious placebo effect.
-By the way, why are you guys keeping her alive? Once an organism is too frail and weak that it can't support itself anymore, it should die.
-I'm going to die, I'm going to donate my organs to whoever the hell wants them and burn my body. Then I want the ashes to be put into water and make GhosTea. I'll leave 5,000 dollars in my will to whoever drinks it.

-I understand that, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be treated with respect.
-Even if she did, I'm being nice because it's right, not because I'm getting something for it.
-And your point is? I asked for prayers, not opinions on prayers.
-She's not on any kind of machines, so the only thing keeping her alive is God; and she's at a retirement home, not a nursing home. There's a difference.
-Good for you.
Hey Ghost, I'd have no problem with drinking that tea for $5000.

But Ms. Polly should get more respect than she is.

And sure Wisemon, I can think of many things that would be for the "greater good", yet most of them are immoral and heartless.
I wouldn't trade her happiness while she dies for anything in the world. I am thankful for Cboy and anyone else who spends their time with the elderly, either to ease their passing, or to just brighten their day.

Oh and using her corpse for a steam-run turbine wouldn't provide enough energy to cover the cost of the travel to the turbine. How is that looking out for the greater good? It just looks like a statment wholly for shock value.
Renamon's Army
Renamon_S3 Wrote:And sure Wisemon, I can think of many things that would be for the "greater good", yet most of them are immoral and heartless.

This is actually right. Many would help with over-population, but murder is illegal.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:Oh and using her corpse for a steam-run turbine wouldn't provide enough energy to cover the cost of the travel to the turbine. How is that looking out for the greater good?

There's plenty of economic and demographic bonuses to burning corpses. There's more buried people than living, so the potential to create substantial power could be obtained overlooking the moral consequence of taking a rotting body out of the ground. Even better, you free up more land for development.

Cemeteries would be a thing of the past, the land used for more pressing needs to a growing populace like schools, malls, homes, and others. People would accelerate the population without excavating and deforesting acres of untouched land.

The untouched land continues to be refuge for endagered species so they can populate their numbers once more. New strains of plants and bacteria from these lands could produce vaccinations and more medicines for the people, which would live longer than those previously in the ground. So yea, dead people can help the greater good.
cboy Wrote:
Quote:She's gonna die eventually, better it be now.

-I understand that, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be treated with respect.
-Even if she did, I'm being nice because it's right, not because I'm getting something for it.
-And your point is? I asked for prayers, not opinions on prayers.
-She's not on any kind of machines, so the only thing keeping her alive is God; and she's at a retirement home, not a nursing home. There's a difference.
-Good for you.

Counter-points:
-Who says she shouldn't be treated with respect? I'm just saying it's good she's dying.
-Being nice for the sake of being nice is cool, but getting something out of it is like finding a forgotten $20 in the wash.
-I like opinions.
-If she was another animal, she'd be dead because she can't support herself.
-Yes, it is.
Quote:There's plenty of economic and demographic bonuses to burning corpses. There's more buried people than living, so the potential to create substantial power could be obtained overlooking the moral consequence of taking a rotting body out of the ground. Even better, you free up more land for development.

Cemeteries would be a thing of the past, the land used for more pressing needs to a growing populace like schools, malls, homes, and others. People would accelerate the population without excavating and deforesting acres of untouched land.

The untouched land continues to be refuge for endagered species so they can populate their numbers once more. New strains of plants and bacteria from these lands could produce vaccinations and more medicines for the people, which would live longer than those previously in the ground. So yea, dead people can help the greater good.
You know, I've considered this exact same idea. I figure human bodies probably burn cleaner than coal, so we'll be helping to reduce our greenhouse gases as well.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against