Join our server on Discord

Suicide and Cutting:How Do You Feel?
GuilmonForever Wrote:I tried suicide once, a good friend talked me out of it, I was having horrible dreams and hillusinations and memory loss, its not as bad as before.

You, my friend, are a perfect example of success. You overcame hallucinations, horrible images and loss of memory (probably among other problems), and your friend managed to talk you out of the worst and last choice of your life. And what do you know, your symptoms are decreasing. I may just be a faceless opinion on the internet, but remember that you and your friend are some of the strongest and best people I've heard of.
Woah, it got moved back. Solved Argument FTW.
How did get get moved back? Did you all stop arguing?
I think anybody who thinks suicide is the only answer for anything then they are a fucking coward and have no fucking balls.
The OCA
Ouch. Well, it's not really, so I'll take that as a compliment! x9
People who consider suicide are just quitters in my mind. They cant face life so they take the easy way out. Whoever says life was easy should be backhanded
The OCA
well, well, well. you threw another suicide party without me. how sad. well my views are;

1)suicide is done when people lose the will to live.
2)cutting is a much more complex thing than your making it out to be. some people (like Gunter) who do it for pleasure, some do it out of gulit (as a punishment), others are posers who use paperclips and stuff like that because it's a fad. the newest has been erasers.there are quite a few more that i don't feel like telling you because it's early in the morning and i have school and i'm tired.
Veemon's Followers
Slipknot_Minion Wrote:People who consider suicide are just quitters in my mind. They cant face life so they take the easy way out. Whoever says life was easy should be backhanded

Suicide isn't the easy way out, not at all. I don't like it either though.
Whenever I flip on the news and hear about some person who comitted suicide I always here about how their life was terrible and all that junk. Well when that person comitted suicide you think he/she fixed the problem? Not one bit, actually they created more problems for everyone else around them. Their family and friends carry the burden over the fact that he/she comitted suicide.
The OCA
When it comes to suicide and cutting, I'm too much of an extrovert in those regards to do it to myself. Death and injury are strictly reserved for other people in my book.

Though I disagree with suicide, partially due to having an ex-girlfriend who was suicidal, partially due to my own beliefs. Nothing religious, and I don't see it as cowardly. I dislike how it pains those close to the former-person-now-corpse, and the stress it can put on people dealing wiht someone who is suicidal, (gods, how I'm familiar with that) but I know if someone really wants to kill themselves, they'll find a way.

Cutting, however, is something I can perfectly understand. When someone is injured, chemicals are released into the body. The Endorphins released into the body are a self-produced opioid, quite understandable when the alternate name Endomorphine is known. However, it can be deeper than a simple physiological reaction. Cutting oneself is reinforced by the release of those chemicals, cementing it in one's mind that cutting is a good thing, that it feels good, or that it relieves stress. Thus, it continues. I see it not as something to be judged, equal in my mind to my belief that one's religious beliefs or one's favorite color can also not be judged. It is simply yet another coping method, granted one that can be self-destructive, but one nonetheless.