Join our server on Discord

Suicide and Cutting:How Do You Feel?
Well I was suicidal when I was younger after losing my grandpa, and looking back I can only say that suicide is absolutely retarded. It wouldn't have solved my problem and would've done nothing but make my family feel even worse. But I got over it, and am now living a happy life. Now if you'll excuse me I've almost got this straight jacket off, it's so hard typing with your toes.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Cutting if for dumbasses and angsty teenagers who bitch and moan about how 'nobody understands them' or 'there so depressed and miserable' or how 'nobody likes them'. Slitting your wrists in a suicide attempt pretty much proves you WERE worthless anyway; if you're going to commit suicide, at least do something cool like jumping off a building of driving your car off a cliff. Something for us to all look back on and think 'well, he's dead...but he died like a badass motherfucker. PROPS!'

And if it's a mental problem that leads to it, than go ahead. Nobody likes chronically depressed people, they're no fun and usually a burdon on you, society and the Earth (in more ways than one...all that carbon and water could have fed children in Africa. Nice going, you resource-whore).
Ghost_Op Wrote:Cutting if for dumbasses and angsty teenagers who bitch and moan about how 'nobody understands them' or 'there so depressed and miserable' or how 'nobody likes them'. Slitting your wrists in a suicide attempt pretty much proves you WERE worthless anyway; if you're going to commit suicide, at least do something cool like jumping off a building of driving your car off a cliff. Something for us to all look back on and think 'well, he's dead...but he died like a badass motherfucker. PROPS!'

And if it's a mental problem that leads to it, than go ahead. Nobody likes chronically depressed people, they're no fun and usually a burdon on you, society and the Earth (in more ways than one...all that carbon and water could have fed children in Africa. Nice going, you resource-whore).

Well Ghost Op I have to say something. Those angsty teens are idiots. I am clinically depressed there is a difference. I cut alot actually. I have stopped cutting with a razor .. now I am doing something worse which isn't helping but there is no scar... I have alot of cutting scars... oh well. I cut for alot of reasons and just because you are all happy and egotistical doesn't mean that you are any better then me.. I can be that way but I don't want to loose my friends and then get shot for being a douche.

Anyway I don't condone scuicide.. but I found no problem with cutting one self....
Veemon's Followers
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:Cutting if for dumbasses and angsty teenagers who bitch and moan about how 'nobody understands them' or 'there so depressed and miserable' or how 'nobody likes them'. Slitting your wrists in a suicide attempt pretty much proves you WERE worthless anyway; if you're going to commit suicide, at least do something cool like jumping off a building of driving your car off a cliff. Something for us to all look back on and think 'well, he's dead...but he died like a badass motherfucker. PROPS!'

Well Ghost Op I have to say something. Those angsty teens are idiots. I am clinically depressed there is a difference. I cut alot actually. I have stopped cutting with a razor .. now I am doing something worse which isn't helping but there is no scar... I have alot of cutting scars... oh well. I cut for alot of reasons and just because you are all happy and egotistical doesn't mean that you are any better then me.. I can be that way but I don't want to loose my friends and then get shot for being a douche.

Anyway I don't condone scuicide.. but I found no problem with cutting one self....

They have drugs for that, you're still a dumbass for cutting yourself; I could try to sugar coat it like a fucking psychiatrist and say 'cutting is the wrong thing to do', but dude, seriously, it's retarded.

And by the way, you forgot the underscore in my name. SERVED!111!one

I feel no shame for calling you a burdon on society (it was a half way joke) but in the state that you are now, cutting yourself, not being happy and not contributing anything to the world, well, you are.

All human action is devoted to either a quest for pleasure or an aversion to pain. Tell me, does cutting yourself make you happy? Does it give you a sense of pleasure? There are other ways to deal with it, stop drawing blood, you're being a dumbass.

And by the way... "I can be that way but I don't want to loose my friends and then get shot for being a douche."

Who are these friends? Are you saying that they'd desert you if you were happy and stood up for what you believed in? If that's the case (and don't blame me if you've heard this a thousand times) THEY AREN'T YOUR REAL FRIENDS.
Ghost_Op Wrote:
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:

They have drugs for that, you're still a dumbass for cutting yourself; I could try to sugar coat it like a fucking psychiatrist and say 'cutting is the wrong thing to do', but dude, seriously, it's retarded.

I feel no shame for calling you a burdon on society (it was a half way joke) but in the state that you are now, cutting yourself, not being happy and not contributing anything to the world, well, you are.

All human action is devoted to either a quest for pleasure or an aversion to pain. Tell me, does cutting yourself make you happy? Does it give you a sense of pleasure? There are other ways to deal with it, stop drawing blood, you're being a dumbass.

And by the way... "I can be that way but I don't want to loose my friends and then get shot for being a douche."

Who are these friends? Are you saying that they'd desert you if you were happy and stood up for what you believed in? If that's the case (and don't blame me if you've heard this a thousand times) THEY AREN'T YOUR REAL FRIENDS.

Point 1 )Yeah I know I am on some... they suck ass
Point 2) I don't have the time ( nor the respect )for you to put a damn line in your name
Point 3) I contribute more to the world then most and I have no shame in calling you an asshole ^_^
Point 4) what if it does make me happy and feel good does that make me a bad person?
Point 5) No Id loose my friends for not being who I am and being an egotistical self centered asshole.
Veemon's Followers
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:

Point 1 )Yeah I know I am on some... they suck ass
Point 2) I don't have the time ( nor the respect )for you to put a damn line in your name
Point 3) I contribute more to the world then most and I have no shame in calling you an asshole ^_^
Point 4) what if it does make me happy and feel good does that make me a bad person?
Point 5) No Id loose my friends for not being who I am and being an egotistical self centered asshole.

1) Take different ones.
2) I'm going to call you 'cutter' than from now on, then.
3) What do you contribute to the world other than a red stain on the carpet? Oh, and great job copying my saying.
4) It makes you a person with seriously skewed senses of happiness, in my opinion.
5) For not being an egotistical self-centered asshole, that's a long line to come up for yourself; oh wait, you were referring to me! Gee, that almost slipped under the radar. Oh, wait. Also, I think it would help for you to NOT surround yourself with more depressed people (who are more than likely the angsty teenagers you put down earlier), and to try to do something, oh, I don't know, CHEERFUL?
By the way, maybe this should move to the 'Let's Take This Outside!' section.
We do alot of wonderful cheery things thanks for asking. We can take this outside if you like but I won't hold back. I promise you that . :)
Veemon's Followers
Gunter VanCrimson Wrote:Suicide is the easy and the coward's way out. I'm against it...

I cut all the time. Mostly because I'm a masochist and it feels AWESOME- but I only cut my hand oh so lightly, as to not make a scar.

I hear suicide takes you directly to hell, but since I've already secured my place in hell anyway, I don't give it much thought. Just that life hurts, it hurts a lot, but you can't end it just because you're suffering, suffer until you can suffer no more... when death calls, you'll recieve your reward. Never end a painful life, especially if you're a masochist...

Suicide is not easy. It takes a lot of strength to actually go through with a suicide plan, because it goes against every ounce of your life to die. It is the escape of the twisted brave, those whose courage is too great to go on living with their circumstances, but whose logic or drive is weakened to the point that the only way they see out lies in death. Lord Archive wrote a beutiful suicide fic a few years back for my darkfic contest, one which illustrates that the weak will never be able to commit suicide, for the weak and the coward's lack the determination to see their suicide through. I would hate anybody who did it, even though it may earn them a grudging respect from me at the same time, for life is to precious to be taken away by oneself -- if you fail to see your value, look harder.

Cutting? Eh, a cheap thrill with high interest but low returns. I've cut myself a few times, none of them intentional, and damn, I hate to see my own blood like that... Blood on its own isn't so bad, but MY blood belongs in MY body. Not on it, but in it.

Gunter: Suicide, as I said above, is neither weakness nor cowardice -- it shows a strength of mind to let yourself die against every other rational and irrational fiber of your being.

Roran: Cutting is exactly what I said before. A cheap thrill with high interest but low returns. I'll elaborate to help you all understand what I mean. Being "a cheap thrill," it costs little or nothing to do and lasts only as long as the blood runs. The high interest is the increased danger of continuing the habit, the risk of suffering from blood loss or potentially death, and the low returns is all about how little it will really help your feelings about yourself.

I agree with Ghost_Op that cutters and suicide-whiners are a burden on society -- If you really feel you'd be better off dead, stop whining and either look more deeply at yourself to find the self-worth you've hidden for so long, or [DELETED]. Yes, I was going to put something there, but it's unwise to post it, so I removed it before even posting.

Quote: because you are all happy and egotistical doesn't mean that you are any better then me.. I can be that way but I don't want to loose my friends and then get shot for being a douche.

Oh Em Eff Gee. You can't be HAPPY for fear you would lose your friends and get shot? I don't feel GO is being egotistical here, an opinion on the subject was asked, and he shared his. Now I share mine. I agree with his assessment and add that if you can't be happy, it's only because you have predetermined that you can't be. And it may be hard, but you can change that attitude. I'd be whining about how my life sucks if I had your attitude, instead I rejoice and am happy because my life sucks. My life sucks, so there's a chance for me to improve and do something with it. If your life sucks, do something with it to make it suck less.

You make some points in rebuttal too:

Quote: Point 2) I don't have the time ( nor the respect )for you to put a damn line in your name

It takes not significantly longer to use an underscore rather than to add a space. And what does respect have to do with it? I don't respect Bush, but I don't fuck with his name because of it.

Quote: Point 3) I contribute more to the world then most and I have no shame in calling you an asshole

You do? Your sixteen year old self contributes more than an adult who presumably works a job that contributes something to society? Pray tell justify this claim that you contribute more to this world than a pile of stereotypical teen-angst! I don't think of myself, but remember that I am putting my life on the line so that you can get your fucking body holes made, and so your girlfriend doesn't have to conceal her body all the time. Do you really contribute more to the world than the soldier who defends your right to say this shit? Or the soldier who has defended your right to say this shit (Ghost_Op, you were a military man, right?)?

You think you contribute to the world but you're still in pre-school compared to adult life. High school will hardly prepare you for it, and don't expect college to do too much better. But you don't seem to care about real life from what I see, just whining about cutting and piercings and how your old man won't trust you because you lied to him. I don't have much respect for you because you whine so much, but at least I'm willing to talk in a not entirely flaming manner. Tell us WHAT you contribute and we'll believe you.

BTW: I believe you are right, Ghost_Op, so if this can be moved soon, that'd be great.
rorancrystalwolf Wrote:just because you are all happy and egotistical doesn't mean that you are any better then me.

I can understand where you can call some people egotistical, but how can you tell we are all happy and egotistical? I don't want to sound like I'm talking down to you, nor do I hate you. If I did that I probably wouldn't be saying anything. I can only speak for myself on this matter. Everyone's lives have difficulties and they need ways of relaxing; however, quite contrary to common belief, there are right ways and wrong ways of doing thngs.

I'm not really sure what to say besides don't stop. You've made a few topics, I do believe, were you probably feel it's been you vs. the board. As far as making chatting on the boards you are not afraid of voicing your opion, but do note, in every day life, that not every one will have the same opinion as you do. Many never will. At times like these message boards can only do so much.