Join our server on Discord

[ RPG ] Battle Network!! *EDITED RULES*
"Nice job," Shadow said running up a little shakily as he regained his sense of balance, "Did you open the door?"
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Mar stared on Shadow, still surprised. "But, I didn't do,"

However, before he could continue four holes opened in the middle of the chamber.

"Okay. I'm starting to get a little freaked about this." Mar gasped.

Soon, from the four square holes there came four mechanical pillars. Each of them conected with each other using four different colored electric bars. A counter showing numbers started on the right-most pillar. Showing 10:00:00 minutes.

The OS started talking: "HYPNO SYSTEM ENGAGED, PHASE ONE READY."

"Hypno System?" PyroMan repeated.

Mar frowned, the four pillars had a Jack-In port each.

Hawks grinned. "They won't be able to escape. HypnoMan! Start Phase two!"

"Hypno Network, Phase two, start." HypnoMan whispered.

The right-most pillar then started flashing, the other did the same as well. "TEN MINUTES BEFORE HYPNO SYSTEM EXECUTING."

When the counter started dropping, Mar got angered. "What the hell is going on?! I'm going to deactivate those things right NOW!"

He yelled, the gripped his PET tightly, ran in front of the left-most pillar and plugged in the PET's wire against the port. "Jack-In! PyroMan Execute!!"

The screen on Mar's PET now started changing as PyroMan travelled.

A flashing red stream of energy fell on a corner of the cyberworld and PyroMan materialized. He looked like a wolf with a red tail and big white claws, his whole armor was red and orange, he wore a helmet with a mask on his muzzle that covered all his face except for his blue eyes. An ember symbol was on his chest. "I'm here Mar!"

"PyroMan! Find whatever's causing this and eliminate it!" Mar commanded from his PET.

"M'clay!" the Navi responded, then started running towards the corridors of the electric grounds.

"What?! They dared to Jack-In... bah... the guardian programs are too strong for some kid's Navi. It's only a matter of time!" Hawks laughed.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
In the five minutes of the demosntration, Allistair Lorne became intrigued by Hawk's attempt at a flawless design. Like he predicted, the man faltered trying to impress him, and fantastically stumbled. The shock seemed to have returned Hawk to his senses. Now the Gaurdians would wipe the Navi from existance.

Allistair crossed behind Hawk and opened a small hutch caddy-cornered against a wall, pulling a small flask with his index and thumb pinched around the neck. He pulled the cork. Pressing the cold aluminum to his lips, he discovered the liquid was Bardacruz, an import liquor found in only one place - in the Bosses private stock inside his office. Could Hawk have more importance than he realized?

He shrugged the notion. Walking beside Hawk, Allistair thumbed the activiation sift on his PET. Underneath the growl of the Hypno Program, Auspex groaned awake, prattling away at a Trooper bodygaurd.

"Let's hope the kid's not packing Battle Chips Hawk." Allistair said. "I've seen impervious Gaurdians reduced to shrapnel from a Program Advance. Sometimes just a plethora of regular Battle Chips."

Gaurdian Navi's failed to impress the Commissar. Any controlled system or multi-linked router had several fail-safe routines. One of them was a Guardian Navi, a program built from the system itself, often flawless due to the A.I., and gaurded the system's main grids: Power, Data, and Function. These powerful Navi's tear through rank NetOps like crepe paper. Even Auspex had almost been scrapped by a Daemon Gaurdian.

'What'd you wake me for?'

"You are collateral in case Hawk fouls this up more than it is. Based on how the program is unfolding, it might be soon."

'Can't Hypnoman-'

"He's just as bungling as his NetOp." Allistair hissed. "If this blows up in his face I don;t want anything of this getting traced to us or the Boss."

'Hawk?'

Allistair watched Hawk hunch over the monitors. "I don't know yet."
"Can't let him have all the fun. Jack-in slash.exe transmission!" A small beam shot out of Shadow's PET as Slash transfered into the system.

A millisecond later a large white bolt hit the ground as he arrived inside the machine, his body was covered in a silver armor, two large metal wings sticking out of his back, a symbol of two connected wings emblazoned on his chestplate, "Connected." he said to confirm transmission.

"Cool, now find out what the heck this thing is." Shadow ordered.

"Already on it," A blue visor dropped out of his helmet, covering his eyes as it began scanning the suroundings, "Looks like there's a Navi program controlling this whole thing. If I take it out the system should shutdown."

"So why are you telling me? Go take him out!" Shadow shouted with entusiasm.

"Find the bad dude and delete him? That's pretty simple." Slash lifted a few feet off the ground and headed towards the center hub, "I like it."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
The four comps lead to equal paths, but unfortunately, as PyroMan reached the central area...

*BLAM!*

In front of the corridor just approaching the main control panel, a concealed virus bomb went off, releasing three viruses in front of PyroMan. An Aqua Swordy (A Ghost armor carrying a uhh... ghost sword.), a Lark virus type Omega (Mantaray virus) and Jelly (Jellyfish virus).

"Uh-oh." PyroMan stopped in mid-way.

"Water viruses? In an Electric Field?!" Mar gasped, watching the viruses appearing in front of his Navi.

"Again I say: Do not worry." Hawks beamed. "The guardian system is composed of two parts. They'd have to be the light itself to reach HypnoMan in time. The first set of the Guard Program is an specialized virus bomb in each path leading to the central area. I designed it myself. Whoever encounters it, it will release three viruses opposing his or her weakness. And the viruses are hard to delete."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Sword! Wide sword! Long sword!" Shadow quickly inserted three battlechips, "PROGRAM ADVANCE!"

"Life sword!" A large blue wave of energy flew along the ground, blowing past the viruses and deleting them, "Too easy." Slash said, the large blue sword fading from his hands.

"Yeah," Shadow gave a thumbs up to the screen, "Kinda wish we could've saved the PA though, I'm betting we'll need it later." He placed the used chips in his pack, the PA had used all the energy in them and they'd have to be recharged before they'd be usable again.

Slash landed next to Pyroman, his wings folding behind him, "Well it was the only way to help, I didn't expect to see viruses of that level in this area. Especially since it's an opposing element."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Hey. Thanks!" PyroMan smiled to Slash down his mask, then walked slowly up to where the bomb had gone off. "Well, they weren't viruses that roam around here. This was a trap."

Mar glanced over Shadow and smiled a bit. "Thanks for helping, he's weak against Aqua viruses."

"7 MINUTES BEFORE START SEQUENCE." The Computer Room OS beeped.

"Damnit." Mar focused on the PET's screen once again, then looked around. PyroMan did the same, he found something after sniffing for a while and growled.
"Something's up boy?" asked Mar.
A click was heard.
"PyroMan! Get that one!" Mar took out a chip and almost in a blink, inserted it through the PETs slot. "Spreader Gun, Battle Chip in!"
PyroMan's left paw glowed and it turned into a relatively small cannon. Then he fired at a corner.

A blast occured in the spot. Remains of a virus bomb on the ground. "Whew," Mar gasped, then put away his chip on his pocket. "It was almost about to go off..."
The second bomb was meant to release viruses for Slash. Fortunately, destroying the bomb saved them time to have to take care of the little menace.

"Let's keep on going! There must be a warp point nearby!" Mar told Shadow as PyroMan ran on all fours quickly to the middle area.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Right, Slash follow behind Mar and continue scanning for any traps."

"No prob," Slash lifted off the ground and followed behind him, his visor constantly searching for signs of a virus bomb.

"So how far do you think this network goes?" Sahdow glanced over quickly at Mar, trying to keep his eyes on the information on his pet.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"It's just a guess. But if there are four comps, there must be a warp point linking the four pathways to one in common. It has to be the Master Comp. And from what we know, there must be a Navi there."

"Found it!" PyroMan knocked down a wall with one claw and entered a small house-shaped cyber building. "Let's take this one!" he ran to the Warp Point, but suddenly, a blast occured and he was knocked back on the ground besides Slash. "Oww!"

"What now?!" Mar asked impatiently, the sight of both PETs was jammed. "PyroMan... PyroMan! What happened?! Can you hear me?!"
There was a strong jamming going on now, blocking connections to the PETs. So both Navis were left on their own for now.

In front of Slash and PyroMan, there were now descending three Fighter Planes and two Brute Darkloids, which jumped from the shadows, of level 3 each.

"Those kids are smarter than I thought... but the second guardian program will get rid of those Navis for good! HypnoMan, block the entrance to the Control Panel and guard it yourself!"

"Yes sir!" HypnoMan disfragmented some data and split it into two, then scattered both pieces in different corners of the Master Comp area. An indestructible barrier appeared in front of the only access to the control Panel, which was now being guarded by HypnoMan.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Alister pulled his ethernet cable. "That's what you said about the first Gaurdian Hawk, and now I must take precautions." He plugged it in the consol next to Hawk's PET. "Jack in Auspex."

"Auspex, in the Main Computer Hab there should be four data blocks containing data labbelled 'Percius' and 'Orion', secure the area and wait for my orders." Allistair flexed a Battle Chip from his belt satchel. "Intelligence Doctrine Battlechip in."

'Location of Data Confirmed. Setting two squads as guard detail and a third to patroll the surrounding sub-connections and programs.' Auspex replied.

"Hold."

'Yes Allistair.'