Join our server on Discord

[ RPG ] Battle Network!! *EDITED RULES*
And in honor of one of my favorites RPG's from all the time... I hereby present this RP for MegaMan.exe lovers! I'll be clear here: NOTHING has to do with the storyline of MegaMan NT Warrior, nor the Battle Network games. So, be creative and spawn your fanmade NetNavi!
However, try not to create too many BattleChips of your own, or we'll be lost fast, try using what you have seen in games or TV show.

As an addition, each Navi of us can have a CyBeast installed on them! You decide it's name, shape, color, abilities, blah blah. The CyBeast has to be original and can't be Falzar or Gregar, nor both combined. What does a CyBeast installed mean? I'll explain everything below after the profiles.

Here's how we are going to write the profiles:

Operator: Mar.
PET(PErsonal Terminal): Small version tied to his right arm, red and orange colored.
Unique Program Advance: Pyro Nightmare. (Summon Black 1/2/3) Creates random Nightmares which burn the enemy continously.
Chips: Most of them are Fire Battle Chips, lots of Healing Chips and Support Chips.
Synch Chip Aquired?: Not yet.

NetNavi: PyroMan.exe
Element: Fire.
Special Tech: Ember Claws. (Dashes towards enemy and slashes with Fire elemental wide slash)
CyBeast Program: Dragnier. (Normally looks like a large dragon with three tails and big double wings. Scales are white.)
Advantages: Fire and Wood fields.
Disadvantages: Water fields and Water Elemental attacks.

Now, those are the profile formats. And now, read the mini-FAQ to know what's going on if you don't know these games or series:

In the TV series, MegaMan NT Warrior, Lan Hikari is a NetNavi Operator, and his NetNavi is MegaMan.exe. In this world, everything is connected to net and all the people use PETs, which are PErsonal Terminals. These devices are like modified cellphones which you can use to access the internet, recieve and make calls, recieve or make messages (E-mail), and Virus Busting.
In this world (also the world of our RPG) the internet has a shape, and form for the NetNavis to access, which is hereby referred as the CyberWorld. In CyberWorld, there are viruses too, guess what does that mean? You need to clean them, but this isn't used with a simple FireWall, you elminate viruses using your NetNavi! NetCrimes are normal, but good willed Navis and the Net-Officers interfere always, so you decide if you are going to be a good operator or not!

Basic Concepts:

Operator: You. Yourself! The one who assists the Navi! And lives in the real world!

Navi: Navigator. Yup, like Internet Explorer.exe and Mozzila FireFox.exe. He'll be like your digimon partner in Digimon Adventure and so on, though you can refer this RP more like the Tamers season.

PET: PErsonal Terminal. Your ''digivice''. This gadget is used to Jack-In devices which are connected to the Net. Remember there are viruses everywhere!

Virus: Yes, they can have LOTS of different forms and colors, there are stronger versions too, be careful when you get to fight new enemies. These are common enemies you can find when surfing the web.

Battle Chips: This part is crucial. These are like Cards from Digimon Tamers, you use load a Chip in your PET and then the data is sent to your Navi. I.E:

Mar took out his Fire Sword Chip, then raised his PET, "Fire Sword Battle Chip. SLOT IN!" he loaded the chip and the data was sent to his Navi.

Immediatly after, PyroMan's right arm glowed and it changed into a red blade. "Let the heat come in!" - End of Example.

Though, there are many Chips, you'll get to know them as the story progresses. I'll explain the three basic ones:

Battle: Your common ones, used to attack your opponent!

Healing Chips: Used to heal your Navi or assist him or her.

Support Chips: Used to boost your power, defense, speed, give additional effects to your Chips. You name it!

Elemental Attacks: Yup, there are too. I'm not going to make many elemental weakness, just the four basics. Here are they:

Fire over Wood.
Wood over Elec.
Elec over Aqua.
Aqua over Fire.

CyBeast: Hehe, you have been waiting for this, haven't you? This are uber powerful programs which can only be installed in ''chosen'' Navis, you decide if yours is or not. After a Navi has a CyBeast installed on him, he can use it's powers! Though, this makes the Navi lose control of his will, turning him or her into a deleting machine! OMG.

Note: Keep in mind, every CyBeast must have an opposite. Like Dragnier, who can have a tiger/fox/serpent/the fuck I know about Chinesse Mythology.

Note 2: Don't make yourself be a WOAH! I CAN CONTROL THE CYBEAST! I'M THE BEST!! Everyone must have his or her navi lost control if using the CyBeast's power. Otherwise, it wouldn't be funny.

Crosses: Heck yes. They are here too. Navis can fuse their data together and form a new entity. Though, you'll have to decide who will control the new one, okay?

Beast Out: When you yell "Beast Out!" your Navi will enter a trance, then he or she will either turn into the Cybeast or make a Cross with it. But the Navi will lose his mind to the power.

Deleted: Yes, if your Navi is beaten, he will burst into data and disappear in the vastness of the CyberWorld, unless it's a NetBattle. In this case, your Navi will be Jacked-Out. But won't be able to fight in some time.

Jack-In!: This means you'll send your Navi inside the internet.

Jack-Out!: This means you plug out your PET and your Navi will immediatly return to your PET.

NetBattle: Yup. Not only you can use Navigators for fighting viruses, but also other Navis. It can be friendly or serious, you decide. You can bet Chips too!

School: OMFG, YES... we must go there! >.<

Dark Chips: This will allow you to summon darkness to use for your Navi and give tremendous powers... but at the cost of your Navi's soul...

Synch Chips: One allowed per character. There will be special events in which a dimensional gate opens and the real world is fused with the Cyber World. This will be called VIRTUAL WORLD. This place contains viruses, and Navis can roam the place if they come through a portal! They can attack humans at free will. But the Synch Chips are what will help us. Using one will fuse the PET with our Souls momentairly, and then, we, the operators, will fuse with our own NetNavi.

Program Advances: Use a series of Battle Chips to create a new one!

Example:

Mar took out chips from his pockets. Summon Black, version 1, 2 and 3, then he quickly started loading them in his PET, "Summon Black Battle Chip! SLOT IN!" and he slashed the other two along with the first one in numerical order.

PyroMan grinned and separated his arms, "Pyro Nightmare!" the Navi glowed red and then from his aura lots of small wisps came out, heading towards the virus and engulfing it. When it was completely covered with it, a Nightmare virus appeared and slashed the burnt enemy, turning him into smitherens. - End of example.

There's basically what you need to know. Now, let me know your characters! We'll start after some people join. And remember, NO POST FLOODING.

Rules:

-No God-Mode. Every Navi must unfortunately be Elemental.

-No Power Play. Manage your character, not others'.

-Beast Out can last only 8 posts of your own from the time your Navi transforms.

-Unique Program Advances are to be used by the operator who has them, not anyone else.

-A deleted Navi in a serious Battle may not appear anymore, only as a Ghost Navi.

-The supreme villain will be managed by me according to who joins here.

-Everyone, try to control at least 1 villain so we aren't all good guys. I'll do it too. okay?

-If your Folder says: "All of them are Water Chips." then later, don't change. If you say like me: "Most of them are Fire." then it's allowed to change some, but most the ones I see you using must be Fire then.

-Again, do not flood this with posts. We'll stop after 8 replies in a row with 2 members and let others reply.

-Don't join to then leave for more than 2 days or you'll be left as static.

-Have fun!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
You forgot:

Elements:

Sword over wind
wind over cursor
cursor over break
break over sword

And what about cross fusion?

Operator: Shadow.
PET: Long version with a grip attached to the bottom for holding, hooks to a catch on his belt, pur white with black claw like marks on the sides and front.
Unique program advance: Infinity vulcan. It's not original but it is my favorite, creates a 28 hit vulcan machine gun.
Chips: Sword and Shooting chips. Few Healing chips and almost no support.
Synch chip: Not yet.

NetNavi: Slash.exe
Element: Sword.
Special tech: Pinion blade. (Flings feathers at opponent like daggers)
CyBeast program: Byakko. (Large tiger)
Advantages: Able to fly over broken and cracked panels.
Disadvantages: breaking chips deal double damage and break through defense.

Musta missed the part saying not to start. Sorry. And I had to put the extra elements since that's what Slash's type is, sorry for making it more complicated.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
OOC: I didn't want to make it complicated for others, that's all. Though now that the weakness are there... let them be.

About Cross Fusions. If it's with the Beast and a Navi, forget it. You see Dragnier and Byakko for example? If they fuse, the CyBeasts inside the Navis will fight instead of fusing, that's a problem.

And Shadow, not to be an ass or anything, but I said in the beggining to wait before starting, we need at least three to five users to start, then anyone can join whenever they please. Just be patient, Marine told me he'll take part, TODAY.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Operator:  Commissar Allistair Lorne
PET:  A smaller variant attatched to a stainless steel necklace and worn as a sign of his tenure.
Program Advance: None
Synch Chip Aquired?: Yes

-

NetNavi: Auspex.exe
Element: Cursor.
Special Tech: Instead of bracing an element, Auspex is equipped with a Long Rifle and does not benefit any elemental status. In its place is the ability to borne Trooper Viruses to his cause. They are equipped with a variant of the machine gun Battle Chip, re-engineered into rifles and similar arms.
CyBeast Program: None
Advantages: Obstacle Terrain and Breaking Attacks
Disadvantages: Wind and Open Terrain

------------

Auspex's Field Upgrade Components

- Components are combined Doctrine Chips. The specifics are stripped out and replaced with general, platoon affected upgrades.

1) Officer's Training - Every platoon (explained later) will be lead by a venerable officer, and increases morale and firing accuracy of each platoon.

2) Battlefield Training - Each platoon has been trained with the arts of intelligence and low-level strategem, which allows them to understand cover and the use of a firing base (increased accuracy).

3) Survivalist Warfare - Each platoon has a field medic attatched to it which reduces damage to troopers. The platoons can be outfitted with five warfare weaponries, ranging from heavy machine guns to explosive rockets and/or long barrel rifles.

4) *New* Platoon Formation - With the new use of military knowledge, three groups of squads, ten men in each, are formed into a Platoon. Platoons are a core group of Auspex's force and are often used on the battle fiel
ds.

5) *New* Grenadier Honors - Veterans within Auspex's force can now be summoned and used accordingly. These units carry special grenades; Phosphorus Grenades, which burn and blind the enemy.
OOC: Lol, actually, I'll take back my words and thank you. This will give members a wider variety to choose now. Anyways... now, we can start. As we are three. Everyone, including myself: REMEMBER ABOUT POST FLOODING.

IC:

It was the morning that day, the day where it would start, the uprise of the new tactical Net Criminal secret cult known as the NMA (Net Mafia Association). Their leader, shrouded in mystery, deployed his main officers to occupy Comps in Shimitaru Town, the place next to Wanabe (no pun intended) City.

The sun rised above the sky and it iluminated a certain apartment, of this boy with long white hair. As soon as the bright sunlight touched his face, he quickly grabbed his pillow and sunk it on his face. "Oh, maaaan..."

A beep was heard from the PET in the table next to the boy's bed, a robotic like childy voice came out of it. "Come on, Mar! Wake up already!"

"Not now PyroMan..." Mar complained, grunting as he turned, his upper part of his body wasn't covered.

"Three minutes to school!" the Navi yelled from his case.

"Shit." the human cursed, getting out from his bed. "Damn, I'm hungry!"

"You'll eat at school. Come on or you'll be late for your first day of school again for the third time." said PyroMan with a stern voice.

Mar frowned. "You don't need to remind me."

The Navi laughed a bit. Mar ran to his wardrobe and quickly put on his normal every-day clothes: A black shirt and a gray jacket, waist down he was just wearing dark pants and white snickers.

"Hurry up, Mar!" PyroMan said.

"You got it." Mar grabbed his red and orange PET, then put it on his right arm, immediatly a black band tied the device around the boy's arm.

Mar grabbed his back pack and ran to the door, but just as he was about to leave.

"You've got Mail, Mar!" PyroMan pipped up, along with three beeps coming out of the PET.

"Ack!" Mar fell on the ground before he could react. "What tha?"

"Want me to open it?" asked PyroMan.

"Uhh... don't worry, I'll do it." and by pressing some buttons, the said Mail was shown in the PET's screen.

"Let's see... it says: 'Daily Net News: Recently, many machines and computers have been malfunctioning. Viruses are starting to get to stronger versions quickly. If you don't perform regular virus scans.. blah blah blah.'" Mar didn't read what was left of the Mail.

"Tell me why do you subscribe to the news letter if you don't read it?" PyroMan questioned.

"Blame mom." Mar retorted.

"By the way,"

"What?"

"You have one minute."

"DAMNIT!" Mar yelled as he grabbed his things and stormed out his apartment, heading running ahead to SunRay school.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
The room idled in darkness. He could shape out a bulking desk close to the windows, the high backed chair gleaning dawn light from outside. Book cases lined another wall, their shelves filled with portfolio clutter and pushing for space, and at the bottom sat a marble safe. His eyes scanned the desk face again. A small PET port was slotted in one corner next to an inbox-outbox container. Locking the door behind him, the man strode across the room and sat down, unlocking his PET from his neck.

"You have your instructions Auspex." He said, pulling the boot cable out. "Jack in, Auspex." And he plugged it into the PET port.

'I'm in.' Clicked the PET, 'Checking security levels'.

"If it's not worth the time, don't bother."

'Just taking precautions Allistair'.

Allistair Lorne leaned back and caught a glimpse of his reflection against the window panes. A lean face with wiry muscles coursing through his underjaw, a small forehead hidden under a crop of moss-brown hair, lips formed into a natural snarl. Looking into his pallard gray eyes he sighed, noting the rough sandbags underneath them.

'Seven level two's,' Auspex reported, 'The rest is all quiet.'

Allistair opened his belt satchel and pulled out two Battle Chips. "Make this quick work. Firing Doctrine and Armored Rats Doctrine Battlechips, slot in."

The officer leaned back in his chair and watched the sun rise higher into the sky...
Mar ran as fast as he could, until finally reachning SunRay school, the building in front of the bank. "At last...."

"Mar?"

"Yeah?"

"Seven."

"Seven what?"

"You have seven seconds before the bell rings." PyroMan sighed.

"Damn... why didn't you wake me up sooner?" Mar frowned.

"I tried." PyroMan complained in his childy tone. "You wouldn't wake up if a war was going out!"
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Security Navi #07 leaned on the railing, gazing out from the watchtower in the center of the security compound. Blocks of data with colors of a silicone rainbow were stacked in pillars, stretched outside the facility, further than his augments could see. Five yards away from them stood Security Navis #03 and #01 standing gaurd in front of the only entrance into the compound. #07 glimpsed Navi #05 patrolling the widows walks connecting the entrance into the facility, three walks in all, wide enough to fit about three Navis shoulder to shoulder. #06 stood underneath a lantern at the footwalks base. #04 gaurded the data codes that opened Mr. Pearls safe.

#07 broke away and walked to the control opt in the towers center. He unhooked the reciever, selecting NAVI #01 in the bandwith monitor. He tapped the mic once for static, wincing when the sharp crackle overwhlemed his hearing, but he spoke anyway.

"Navi #01..."

"Reporting."

"Anything interesting out there?"

"Dust and Echoes #07."

"Mr. Pearl insisted to me that his safe was in danger. Are you sure?"

"Dust and Echoes."

#07 frowned. He hung the reciever and walked to the same railing, leaned on it, scrutinizing the Navi's under control. #06 had propped against the lantern now, his head bent down, legs shanting him up. #07 whistled down to him. #06 didn't reply.

The Security Navi grapped the reciver and turned the dial. "#06 Wake up." Squealing static returned to him. "#06 you're not on your post, reply."

Nothing. Concerned, #07 gripped the railing with both hands, leaning his torso over the side. He noticed Navi #05 walking to greet #06. #05 pushed #06 to wake him, and up in the tower #07 caught the glimpse of something, something that leaddened his stomach. #06's neck, right below the helmet, bore a small hole of data. #05 backed away. #06 slumped to the ground, a cadaver.

#07 retreated to the reciever. A small green diode appeared on the bandwidth monitor, casting left ot right. He stopped. Terror gripping him, #07 turned to the origin, far out on a data block, sliding the diode across his eyes. He screamed.

The shot startled those on the ground. #05 looked up to see #07's body ragdoll from the tower onto the compound floor. More shots echoed. Two distinct screams faded into his hearing and #05 backed from them, running towards #04 still stationed at his post. The Navi regarded him with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

#05 summoned his blaster. "No time. Not enough time."

"What are you-- you're not makeing sense!"

They heard it. They paused in silence, the rustic swing of the compound doors forcing them to swallow. #05 mouthed, 'They're here', to #04 and took cover behind a pillar. #04 did the same. Silence. Seconds turned into minutes, minutes to an hour, and they began growing anxious.

A boot sqeaked. Another and more. To #05's ears, it sounded like rubber thunder forcing upon the metal of the catwalks. He heard the shuffling of clothes and guns, squelching more behind his cover.

"The safe encryption sir." A voice said. "We're searching for the other Navis who are still present."

"It's no matter. Grab those chips and we'll be on our way."

"Freeze!" Boomed a familiar voice. "Drop your weapons." #05's heart spiked when he realized #04's voice. "I said drop them." #04 still ordered.

"Well count one Navi found. Trooper, do me a favor and put this butt wipe out of his misery."

Gun slides clicked. #04 screamed, shooting one blaster round before a fullisade of rounds pelted his armor. Knives ripping at tough meat. #05 recoiled in horror.

"The data is here Allistair."

'Good.' A pasue. 'Curious these business people, always making the most valuable things flashy and expensive looking. But this is the Chip blue prints. Come Auspex, my other job beckons me.'
"WAKE UP!" The white PET on the desk began beeping frantically,

There was some shuffling in the bed on the other side of the room, "Five more minutes." Shadow said and pulled the pillow over his head.

"You're already late, so what's the point of sleeping in?" The Navi program, Slash.exe, informed him.

"WHAT!?" Shadow sat up in his bed throwing the pillow to the floor, joining all other random things on the ground, including many magazines on new kinds of PETs and battle chips, "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I woke you up five times, each time you just rolled over and went back to sleep." Slash informed him.

"Oh well," Shadow pulled on the nearest shirt he could find, quickly getting dressed, "If you're on time the first day they'll expect it everytime."

"By the way, you have an E-Mail from that news letter."

"Delete it, probably just telling me to do routine virus checks or something." Shadow responded as he grabbed his back and stuffed stuff itno it.

"Kay," Slash deleted the E-Mail without a second glance, "Are you forgetting something?"

Shadow paused at the door, "Got my bag, lunch money, homeworks done. No I think I'm good."

"ME YOU IDIOT!" Slash's voice rang so loudly that his PET actually shook a bit on the desk.

"Oh right," Shadow ran back and grabbed him, clipping him onto his belt, "Now I got everything."

"And about one minute till school. It'll take you that long just to get there."
Slash added with a sigh.

"Sounds like a challenge," He ran out the room grabbing his skateboard on the way. "YEEHA!" Shadow jumped out the door and quickly threw the board under his feet, "Luckily the school is downhill from here! We'll be there in no time flat."
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Ok, since you already are late. What are you going to do to avoid the Monitor Robots from catching you and bringing you to the principal's office?" PyroMan questioned as Mar spyed from a corner.

"I have a plan." Mar informed.

"Which is...?" asked the Navi.

"Evade them, get to the classroom, enter and tell the teacher a lie so I can sit like if I never had been late."

"And you think it's gonna work?"

As three aisle monitor Robots passed by Mar really fast, accidentaly not noticing him. Mar sweatdropped and then shook his head in front of PyroMan.

PyroMan sighed. "Come on... better you do something."

"Uhm... why don't I hack the clocks?" Mar suggested.

"Don't be an idiot, they have Security Comp programmed to register any visits."

"Then I'll delete the History of it!" Mar smiled.

"...are you out of your mind?!" PyroMan yelled.

"Actually, it was a joke." Mar chuckled, then looked around and ran to class room 5-2.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad