Join our server on Discord

FINALLY A PLACE WHERE I CAN BELONG!!!!11!!1
Welcome former lurker!I'm Death Umm either 7th or 8th member of the SDP and a member of the Gabumon Lovers!Happy posting! :)

Why not a couple of long ranged missilles!?!?It's quick,destructive,and fun to wach!
Ghost_Op Wrote:
Shadowknight Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:Howitzers are old school.

[Image: XM307.jpg]

XM307 automatic grenade launcher. For the win.

Right, and I'm Ghost.

Yeah but a grenade launcer would only be able to take out a certain area. A howitzer could completely mow down an entire army.

Than send in an AH-64D Longbow for anti-ground work and have an AWACS and an F-16 Block 60 fly air cloaking and support. Which could quickly locate and destroy your howitzers.

We're talking which weapon would work best in crown control. And a howitzer is the best CC weapon there is, aside from a well placed A-Bomb.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Welcome to the DaD, I speak for all the VanCrimsons and DarkColors here when I did so.
Welcome Boy...Its The one and only Violent K tha.......-clears throat.-....its me...and i Welcome the....<.<...NEDM!-runs to find Doom Music.-
Shadowknight Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:
Shadowknight Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:Howitzers are old school.

[Image: XM307.jpg]

XM307 automatic grenade launcher. For the win.

Right, and I'm Ghost.

Yeah but a grenade launcer would only be able to take out a certain area. A howitzer could completely mow down an entire army.

Than send in an AH-64D Longbow for anti-ground work and have an AWACS and an F-16 Block 60 fly air cloaking and support. Which could quickly locate and destroy your howitzers.

We're talking which weapon would work best in crown control. And a howitzer is the best CC weapon there is, aside from a well placed A-Bomb.

Nothing fairs better in CQC than a team of armed Rangers. A howitzer and an atomic weapon are too big, bulky, and overly-powerful to be useful in a CQC situation.
A grenade launcher is even more useless, you'd blow yourself up. If in CQC the best type of fighting would be knives or HTH.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Curious. There's a rocking humour TV program called CQC in my country. Oh, gotta love people who turn counter-strike in a real life situation to infiltrate conventions to then be kicked away. Such nice times.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Shadowknight Wrote:A grenade launcher is even more useless, you'd blow yourself up. If in CQC the best type of fighting would be knives or HTH.

A howitzer would be more useless in CQC, but that's besides the point.

To quote you...

Shadowknight Wrote:We're talking which weapon would work best in crown control. And a howitzer is the best CC weapon there is, aside from a well placed A-Bomb.

CC = Close Combat, if I'm correct. I assumed you meant CQC. Compounding on that...

Ghost_Op Wrote:Nothing fairs better in CQC than a team of armed Rangers. A howitzer and an atomic weapon are too big, bulky, and overly-powerful to be useful in a CQC situation.

I said nothing about using an XM307 in CQC, I only mentioned it because I was pointing out that the XM307 is far more tactically flexible in a staged killing ("Make that a very straight line...Evil") than a howitzer. The only situation in modern times in which a howitzer would outclass a man-portable, squad-operated AGL would be medium-range artillery support.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
Ghost_Op Wrote:CC = Close Combat, if I'm correct. I assumed you meant CQC. Compounding on that...

By CC I meant Crowd Control. A grenaded is good but they only hit a specific area and are timed so they give the enemy a brief moment to run, whereas a howitzer will blow through them like a blowtorch through butter.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Shadowknight Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:CC = Close Combat, if I'm correct. I assumed you meant CQC. Compounding on that...

By CC I meant Crowd Control. A grenaded is good but they only hit a specific area and are timed so they give the enemy a brief moment to run, whereas a howitzer will blow through them like a blowtorch through butter.

Ah, crowd control, my mistake.

Anyways, the XM307 explodes on impact, with no delay, and many shots can be fired in quick succession. A howitzer, however, is so massive that even if the trajectory required to fire down a straight line was aquired, it's likely that the operators would be killed themselves. It's HEAVY ARTILLERY. It also has to be manually re-loaded shot for shot, so unless the group of people are in roughly a 25-foot diameter circle for the explosive power of the howitzer to have a lethal effect on them, or if they are in a perfectly straight line and the shell perforates them and doesn't explode, a howitzer lends a very small amount of tactical value.

Unless, of course, it's a BATTERY of howitzers...those could destroy a block.