Join our server on Discord

I Just Wanna Die
DragonMasterX Wrote:Maybe you are making your friends feel saved by your words, but you forget who is the one to make the decision of hearing you or not. That person is who saves him(her)self, we are all owners of our own path, no one can change that with neither good or bad words. Advices are posible, yes, but it's up to the 'victim' if he or she will listen.

But unless "we" are there to give the advice, who will they listen to in order to prompt them to change their mind? The wind or the sea? The grass or the stones? If it is my words that prompt my friend to decide to not commit suicide, am I not the one who provided the inspiration to him to live? Did I not save him by being there to give him the words to which he listened and which prompted him to choose life over death?

Certainly the "victim" is the one who holds their fate in such a circumstance, however that is not to say that nothing anybody else does has no impact upon what they do with that. If my words are responsible for preserving my friend's life, I think I am not bragging to say that I talked him into continuing with life. If he says that I saved him, I think it is naught but an honor to him to use his own words with modesty in saying that I saved my friend's life when he was on the verge of self destruction.

I see that you have some skill with rhetoric and some might fall into the fallacy you propose, however what does it matter if they are willing to listen, but nobody is there to speak with them? Their listening is dependent upon my speaking, and so it is not semantically inaccurate to report that your words changed a life when they prompted a person to make a change with their life.

I can speak and they can choose whether or not to listen, but they cannot choose to listen if I do not first choose to speak.
Then I shall take back my words, as for I didn't ever think of it in that way. So shall be, go ahead and keep in mind what Hunter said, not what I formerly did.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:But unless "we" are there to give the advice, who will they listen to in order to prompt them to change their mind? The wind or the sea? The grass or the stones? If it is my words that prompt my friend to decide to not commit suicide, am I not the one who provided the inspiration to him to live?

That was perfectly said Nate Hunter, you have said it perfectly.... The power that is behind words is a powerful tool.....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Quote:But unless "we" are there to give the advice, who will they listen to in order to prompt them to change their mind? The wind or the sea? The grass or the stones? If it is my words that prompt my friend to decide to not commit suicide, am I not the one who provided the inspiration to him to live?

That was perfectly said Nate Hunter, you have said it perfectly.... The power that is word.....amazing....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Nate Hunter Wrote:But unless "we" are there to give the advice, who will they listen to in order to prompt them to change their mind? The wind or the sea? The grass or the stones?

Friends, family, professionals?
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
I personally think that this is what should have be done. Maybe what you say about friends and words is true, but there's a limit in which people you should tell your problems too. And agin, as Big T said: A psychiatrist(sp?) would be able to help better. They have studied for cases like this.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wow,honestly guys,I'm better now.And Lonely, Roran,Chaos, you are amongst the very few that have helped me with your words.I appreciate you guys helping me, knowing you were there and that you care, helped me soo much.I'm way better than when I first posted this but yeah.I did not like the way Mr. Big T got his point across, but he is after all entitled to his own opinion. He could have said it in other ways rather than resorting to using plain rudeness but, I suppose that's his way of saying things.Anyway, I'm not mad at anyone and I'm not "suicidal"anymore.I'm much better and a big part of it has been because all of you guys have been here for me and it gives me the will and strength to want to fight , to want to live.I love you guys.Thanks and I will never forget what all of you have done for me....
There is no need to thank us, but rather remember the moment that you had friends there by yourside when you needed them most...And we came, and aided you in the best way we could, lifted you up from the pool of pain and brought you to the land that was familiar. When times are at there toughestm friends are at there finest...
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Yay! I am so glad that you are better now Dreamer!! And I'm happy that I got a new sis!! Like I said before...that would be like incest since Collin is your little bro and I'm you little sis and Collin and I are dating...lol JK!! ^_^
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Well sorry I couldn't help earlier, but I'm glad to see that your ok.

Umm.. Misty how did incest get here did I miss something?