Join our server on Discord

DaD God's...... interesting for all.8)
KleSt Wrote:C'mon, this board needs new gods, give them a chance.
And i hope i don't regret to join this board. -_-

Sorry to say these don't drop out of the sky lol

Stick around, show yer stuff, maybe you might be one.

I mostly got my rep for being the sole spritere here and being the former head admin.

But hey, popularity isn't something you can control

But really, who does care? Isn't it about the art? I mean what do you really draw for, the fans, or because you like to draw?

Yes some people deserve more attention than they get, none more than my friend Gouly who has been run off many boards for his unique yet great pictures.

But hey, all you can do is really just say "hey, I drew this, whatcha think?"
Maybe some of us should try the arrow approach. Just keeping firing off various shots until you finally hit the target. Patience, while extremly annoying, at times can pay off.
Mr.Breaker Wrote:But really, who does care? Isn't it about the art?
It's about global domination! Errrrrr... in a long shot at least ^^;;;
Once again you're among the voices of reason in here. Still reminds me of that one episode with Bugs and Daffy where they do acts on stage:
Bugs walks onto stage: Standing ovation
Daffy comes onto stage: Instant silence, crickets can be heard
Bugs wants to see why everything's so silent: Standing ovation
*chuckles*
I always knew that Looney Tunes would teach me the important things of life. So I'm among the Daffy Ducks of the board right now (and I just realized how pitiful my existence here is *sob*), but hey... Daffy never gave up neither and I know that people liked him :D

Okay okay, this may sound very weird, but I hope you get the basic message of this twisted story.

Mr.Breaker Wrote:But hey, all you can do is really just say "hey, I drew this, whatcha think?"
...and listen to the crickets. Nah, kidding. ;)

It's about style, it's about getting better. And it's about how you feel when you see the finished result. And I guess we can't really change how many replies a topic gets. *shrugs*

Quoting a friend of mine:
"But it's good that we talked about it." :D
i am a Bugs to few and a Daffy to the rest..... all hail Loony Toons
*points to self, referring to Daffy*
I liked Daffy more than Bugs personally.
I'm sure i'm going to get flamed for this, but here it goes.

By creating an invisible unregestered elite, we deal out the cards on who's superior and inferior, which strictly speaking isn't fair. Kthanid, for example, isn't a great artist, but comes up with the most clever pictures. I couldn't draw a monkey's ass (Those things are hard to draw!) but I make all the sprite comics at the Digimon Hentai Zone, and i'm getting a good fanbase from it because it's funny. Then, of course, we completly ignore the colorists, whom many would argue do a much harder job than many artists. I understand people are just expressing their favoritism of artists, but creating a distinctive group really begins to form the idea of outcast, or not up to par. I remember the first time I joined the DAD i did it for the soul reason of fanpower and to be among the invisible elites, as they were at the time, Bossreo, Redrover, Sonimon, and Togashi. Of course I was dissapointed to find that authors never seem to be respected soully (SP?) for writing, but I made a few author freinds who had been trying to get fans for nearly a year, and were always ignored. they wouldn't mind really if that group of the 'higher ups' didn't exist, i recall one of them saying. What's my point? It's fine to talk about your favorite artists, but when you create a group or collection that stand clearly above the rest, you truly are creating an aura of inferiority.

...Let the flaming and rude replies commence.
i always though of Akuji as more of a Pepi LePeu... not around very much, but when Acchan DID show up, it was appreciated... and all the girlies faint ^_^
You also know WHY they faint, don't you? ^^;;;;;;
But the French accent would ROCK. :D

To Jodan: Good points. This was never supposed to be a God-Listing. Just the open realization that this unseen elite exists and after that the realization that we're not part of it ^^; *chuckles*
Well, it's time for some breakfast here. So skill-improving has to wait a few minutes, unless I discover that I can draw Renamon with butter. :D
And the question "What is harder? Drawing or coloring" can only be answered by somebody who does both on a regular basis, and even then it wouldn't be a general answer. I guess everybody does what he/she finds convenient.
Quote:I remember the first time I joined the DAD i did it for the soul reason of fanpower and to be among the invisible elites, as they were at the time, Bossreo, Redrover, Sonimon, and Togashi. Of course I was dissapointed to find that authors never seem to be respected soully (SP?) for writing

Of course I'm not respected for my writing, I'm respected because I'm so damn hot!

Main Entry: sole