Join our server on Discord

German
Red Mage Dragon Tiamat Wrote:The sentence was "Ich bin ein Berliner" which means really translated "I am from Berlin" and not "I am a jelly-doughnut"

Wikipedia has an article on it.

"In fact, the statement is grammatically correct and cannot be misunderstood in that context. The urban legend is not widely known in Germany, where Kennedy's speech is considered a landmark in the country's postwar history. The indefinite article is omitted generally when speaking of an individual's profession or residence (ex: "Er ist Soldat" for "He is a soldier") but including it is merely redundant, not ambiguous."
Oh...and never trust freetranslation.com beause it just translates the words...not the sentences so that they actually make sense...you have to know the word order in order to actually make sense when speaking/writing German. Mine and Roran's German teachers teaches us that...so never trust freetranslation.com. Plus, they have words on there that don't even make sense. If you want to be perfect with German...ask me or ask someone that knows German as well as my teacher does. Honors German Two...represent!!! lol
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Alternatively you can ask me about German, since I speak that language for almost 21 years meanwhile. ^^

And I agree with mistysilverwolf on freetranslation.com. It might be okay if you have only one word you want to have translated, but I'd not suggest to use it for sentences either.
*eyes sparkle*
You've spoken German that long!?
*cling*
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Yes, you can say that's my mother's tongue while most of the English I speak is what I learned during the time I use internet and hang out on certain message boards, messangers etc. ... okay and a few parts from school english. ^_^
Ich Bin aus Deutsches Vier und haben ein AP nexte woche. Ich neben hilfe mit grammatik und Vokable. Aber Ich neben ein bischen Grammatik und worts fuer, mein leherin haben ein klasse vor mich fuer funf tage.

Alles helfen willkommen!

i need more vocab about school stuff because the college board tends to use alot with it.
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
PsychoticPorcupine Wrote:Ich Bin aus Deutsches Vier und haben ein AP nexte woche. Ich neben hilfe mit grammatik und Vokable. Aber Ich neben ein bischen Grammatik und worts fuer, mein leherin haben ein klasse vor mich fuer funf tage.

Alles helfen willkommen!

i need more vocab about school stuff because the college board tends to use alot with it.
Wenn du mir jetzt erz
Auch ich spreche Deutsch. Ich heisse Mistysilverwolf oder Misty. Ich kann helfe dich. Mein Grammatik ist nicht so gut, oder ich kann versuchen.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Danke alles fur helfen. Ich neben bischen Vokablen fur die AP test nexte woche. lesen alten Ap pro"fung Ich haben sehen viele aufsatz uber schule. Ich denke das ist die beste vokabeln zu lernen zuerst.

Ich Nebe.

School Uniform
Middle Level school
trip(field trip)
course
class
elementary level school

Also any comments about my grammar in the other paragraphs? i am only a level 4 so I keep thinking people can't understand my German. >.<
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
^^
Some vocabularies :
-Tut mir Leid = I'm Sorry
-Guten Morgen - Good Morning
-Guten Abend - Good Evening
-Wenigstens - At Least
-Hallo - Hi
-Nacht - night
-Morgen - morning