Join our server on Discord

Ever worked hard for a goal, only to be denied at the end?
cboy Wrote:I've wanted join the military since I was young. I worked out, talked to the recruiters, did my research, the whole nine yards. I was ready for anything boot camp could throw at me. AND THEN SOME FUCKING MEDICAL CONDITION SHOWED UP AND THEY FUCKING TURNED ME DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THAT WORK, ALL MY PLANS, THROWN OUT THE WINDOW OVER SOME STUPID MEDICAL CONDTION FROM FIVE YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that feeling, sorta. I was doing great on the football team at my school and probably would've gotten a scholarship, then I go and do something stupid and break my leg making football completely impossible for me to play. Oh well I've gotten used to shit happening in my life so this is no surprise.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
well, I still love both of you, even if Cboy has some condition, and Shadow had a broken leg at one time.
It's called General Anxiety Disorder and I was taking medication for it a few years back. I've been off of the medication for a while and don't suffer from it anymore.

Believe me, I don't think I can do any more about getting in the military. We went to the guy who makes the final decision about whether I get in and he said I sounded alright to him. I took a physical, passed with good colors, and then his bosses turned me down. Some guy at work said a friend of his got turned down after taking a physical and he just went to a different state and signed up, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

The way I see it, the only way I'm getting into the military is if the draft comes back or I go commit a felony and they offer military service in place of jail time. The draft doesn't look like it's coming back anytime soon, and as much as I want to be a soldier, I'm not going to become a criminal for it. The best thing for me to do now is to just move on and put it behind me. I played my hand and lost, so better luck next time.
Quote:It's called General Anxiety Disorder
Oh, well that explains why you want to join the military; you're trigger happy. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just wait for enough soldiers to die in Iraq, and pretty soon, they'll start accepting anything. They've already dropped the drug test and educational requirements.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I don't appreciate that crack, Wisemon! I wanted to join the military because I love my country and I wanted to prove myself. I'm not someone who enjoys killing people. And for your information, they haven't dropped the drug test because I took one.
Good to see your devoted at least
true, just wait for enough soldiers to run into a road side bomb and afew riots and attacks then they would bring drafting back... Damn that would suck for those that don't want into the war. then again with the shortage of americans then others would have to aid in this senseless war.(once again i don't care if this post is spelled wrong in a few words)
Please guys, I started this to find some people I could empathize with. Please refrain from commenting on the war in Iraq or the military and just share any stories you might have on the topic.
Quote:I don't appreciate that crack, Wisemon! I wanted to join the military because I love my country and I wanted to prove myself.
That's what all the crazies say.

Quote:And for your information, they haven't dropped the drug test because I took one.
I saw an interview on 60 Minutes with a kid pretending to be a pothead who said the National Guard recruiters agreed to forger the drug test to get him in.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Quote:That's what all the crazies say

Takes one to know one, Wiseassmon. Now unless you've got a story to share, I'd appreciate it if you would stop insulting me.