Join our server on Discord

Ever worked hard for a goal, only to be denied at the end?
You ever worked hard for a goal, only to have it denied because of something outside of your control?

I've wanted join the military since I was young. I worked out, talked to the recruiters, did my research, the whole nine yards. I was ready for anything boot camp could throw at me. AND THEN SOME FUCKING MEDICAL CONDITION SHOWED UP AND THEY FUCKING TURNED ME DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THAT WORK, ALL MY PLANS, THROWN OUT THE WINDOW OVER SOME STUPID MEDICAL CONDTION FROM FIVE YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not fair!! I was ready to give the military my all. I wanted to do something to prove I was a man, and now I can't because of something I can't control. Now I can only watch while other people go off and achieve what I'll never get.

I'm gonna go on, maybe look for another way of proving myself, but it's gonna be a knife in my heart whenever I see something related to the military.
Wow that sucks big time. The Military has gotten really picky lately so I am not completely suprised. As far as being denied at the end , that has happened so many times to me I can't even start to explain. Anyway, Good Luck with your search!
Veemon's Followers
I'm sorry I know how that is you think everything is working out, but then something happens
cboy Wrote:I wanted to do something to prove I was a man...

...Consult a doctor.

But really, that's awful. Good luck finding a new career though, eh? You'll find something good.

If I might invoke an Arabian parable...

A man found a collection of wild horses, and everyone said to him how lucky he was to have found such fantastic beasts. He said "Maybe yes, maybe no." He tamed them, and used them on a daily basis. One day, his son was riding one of the horses, and he was thrown off, and paralised from the waist down. Everyone said "I'm so sorry to hear about your misfortune; it must be horrible." The man said "Maybe yes, maybe no." Then, a war started, and the recuiting officers came to town, and conscripted every young man in the town except for the man's son. "How lucky you are", everyone said, "To keep your son with you, rather than have him slaughtered on the feild of battle (like ours)." The man said, "Maybe yes, maybe no."
damn, that sucks mega. well, in some ways yes and some ways no. So the consequences could've been against you or in favor for you... could've hit a road side bomb, or you could've saved some people from a road side bomb, so like Her Mullen said 'Maybe yes, Maybe no'
That's too bad... sorry about that- tough.
hey, dont worry about it, you'll find somehting else- and as Herr Mullen said, this may have been a good thing after all. Wink
I'm trying for firefighter now, though I have to wait until I'm twenty-one before I can try out for it. It's not the military, but it has its dangers and it's adrenaline rushes. And so far, it sounds like the only thing that can keep me out of it is how good my competition is, so I just have to train hard.
Nice to hear that you have a new idea, keep training, and I'm sure you can get it! (in a few years)
cboy Wrote:I'm trying for firefighter now, though I have to wait until I'm twenty-one before I can try out for it. It's not the military, but it has its dangers and it's adrenaline rushes. And so far, it sounds like the only thing that can keep me out of it is how good my competition is, so I just have to train hard.
What's the medical condition? Does it go away? I mean, I think you can apply to be an Infantryman until, like, your 40's.