Join our server on Discord

Ever worked hard for a goal, only to be denied at the end?
I can understand your want to do something but the thing is, bush is president. That's wise's problem with the army. Plus one of mine.
I understand, and that's why I'd like for this to be a non-political topic. It helps prevent online conflicts.
ok so hows your firefighter thing going?
It's really not going anywhere because I'm trying to get into better shape. Until I'm twenty-one, I'll only be able to do volunteer work, and that'll only be two days a week because of work.

And guys, I really want to be friends on this site, so please leave politics out of my topics.
Quote:I can understand your want to do something but the thing is, bush is president. That's wise's problem with the army. Plus one of mine.
Actually, my problem with the army right now is that I keep having to build stuff for them, so they must be breaking the toys that they have. My other problem is that military spending is raising the national debt to astronomical levels, and we're all going to have to pay it. Right now, defense spending also goes to my paycheck. Actually, many Americans get paid from defense spending, but a war-based economy can't last forever, but Bush doesn't care, because he'll be gone by the time the shit hits the fan.

Edit: This is more economics than politics.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:I can understand your want to do something but the thing is, bush is president. That's wise's problem with the army. Plus one of mine.
Actually, my problem with the army right now is that I keep having to build stuff for them, so they must be breaking the toys that they have. My other problem is that military spending is raising the national debt to astronomical levels, and we're all going to have to pay it. Right now, defense spending also goes to my paycheck. Actually, many Americans get paid from defense spending, but a war-based economy can't last forever, but Bush doesn't care, because he'll be gone by the time the shit hits the fan.

I think I read somewhere that Military spending makes up either 1 or 4 percent of America's GDP. Besides, when I served my rifle required a lot of care to keep it from breaking, so less careful people could have a hard time not 'breaking their toys'.

But yeah, the Us is going to need one helluva leader to get this nation back on its feet economically. I see a depression in the works, it's about time (there's one about every 80 years...Panic of 1837 where President Jackson fucked up the banks, then the Depression in the twenties...).
Listen guys, I understand and respect your opinions, but I didn't put this up to listen to complaints about the economy and President Bush. I'm looking for people I can empathize with and talk to about overcoming failure. So please, unless you have a story to share or some advice, don't use this topic for complaints about things unrelated to the subject.
cboy Wrote:Listen guys, I understand and respect your opinions, but I didn't put this up to listen to complaints about the economy and President Bush. I'm looking for people I can empathize with and talk to about overcoming failure. So please, unless you have a story to share or some advice, don't use this topic for complaints about things unrelated to the subject.

Sorry, I basically read the last 3 posts and left a response.