Join our server on Discord

What In The Flying Fuck lol
hmm...thats ok.....i remember you...well......alittle....
Wooo... cool, CR came here as well. Nice to meet you Chibi, glad to know you could make an appearance after all that time. Also, good luck with your studies.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Chibi Renamon Wrote:Delete? Nuh-uh! Bad Admin, no cookie! Evil

::::turns into a real wolf and tucks his tail between his legs:::: Aww, but I like cookies!

Chibi Renamon Wrote:Nah, you can leave them around up there for a while so people can catch up on history since the topic came up here, but after that, you can just un-"Announce" them (by editing the first post per thread and unticking the box) so it falls off the front page while still being accessible in the archives. :)

Would be a real pity to lose those threads, but they don't have to be stuck up there for all eternity :P

Duh.... I can't believe I didn't think about that.... lol I'm not flaky, I promise!
Ah yah Chibi corrected me on a few things ^^

But I coulda sworn I asked you for some help with the php stuff. I didn't even know what a php server was before setting up this board, and dont remember how the hell I figured that one out myself.

Really don't know how often I'll be visiting, I do have some free time atm with the summer here. I finally am done with school and such and am enjoying the break. No rush to jump into a job or more school.

Oh and yah Wisemon, I am liscensed in Wisconsin, not here in Iowa. I'm thinking of taking some more business courses so I can do some building advisor work, that looks fun for now :p

And by fun I mean civil engineering is sorta boring, I shoulda taken mechanical heh.

Thanks for the posts, I figured everyone would like the history of the place.

Edit: oh and yes if you have my old Sigs that would be awesome lol
So, where did Wolfe come from?

I like engineers. They are almost as funny as mathematicians, or chemists.
Me? Well, I'd just give you a link to the topic, which is still around, but it's 26 pages long....

Well, let's see... I'd been an author here for a couple years and owned a forum account, but hadn't really been active. In fact, I hadn't bothered going to the forum at all. Chibi Renamon was the admin, and it was months between updates due to his schedule.

Once, he updated talking about how the DaD had been down. My first reaction was, "The DaD was down?" I hadn't really gone there much after I'd read everything and seen all the art and there was nothing new yet. I think it was a link that led me to the topic, but I read about how Chibi was having troubles and was resigning as administrator, and was looking for someone to take his place. I thought, "I don't want this place to go!" And offered to become the updater, but you see, nobody really knew me. lol In fact, at first I felt like they'd ignored me. My reaction to that was, "Very well, as long as the site doesn't go, I won't die from not being the updater." However, the only thing that was happening at the time was that people were discussing possibilities of things to do rather than actually DOING something. At the time, we were running, as Chibi put it, on "the good vibes of the host" (who, by the way, is AWESOME), and we didn't know how much time the site still had. I did my best to keep everyone focused and organized, and despite the occasional flame to Togashi and everyone's will to become unfocused, things started to work.

Originally, everyone wanted the people who had been around the longest and that everyone knew to lead us, but personally, I didn't think that was right. I voiced that opinion (or rather, typed it) and after a short debate, it was decided that we could have "newbs" on the staff as well.

Rather than having one person take on the responsibility of the whole site, we came up with a GROUP of people to do things here. I learned that the updater and admin positions were ones that went hand-in-hand, and so I volunteered for that as well.

It seemed that people liked the way I did things. I began getting a lot support from the people who were participating in the forum. No parades or anything, just super-nice comments like "thanks for actually trying to save this place" and "you should win, good work". I made a list of the volunteers and sent it to ChibiRenamon, who basically said it was up to us to decide. I organized a voting system, and here's where I messed up.

It had been hard and taken a long time to get the list of people we had to take care of the site. I did NOT want to wait longer, because, as I mentioned, we did not have the time to waste. We had an unknown deadline. So, instead of asking for someone to hold the votes, I just told everyone to PM me with their votes. That way, votes could be anonymous. Nobody would know who voted for who. It seemed cool with everyone, but a certain someone *coughZephyrcough* started putting me down, big time. It's hard to get me annoyed, but she did, and I let her know (which I felt bad about and apologized for). She only had the best for the site in mind, however, so I can't really point at her. I tried to prove I wasn't cheating by asking everyone there if someone wanted to take over the votes. Votes could be proven simply by asking the voters what was what.

Voting was SLOW. After like a week there were only ten votes. Despite that and my mistake, I won the vote for administrator here. Nobody ran against Senjuro for treasurer, and so far he's been awesome. Boss Reo wanted to be board admin, and I was taking care of things on the board during the time he wasn't here, but I haven't seen him lately. I hope I haven't been overshadowing him or anything.

Anyway, you wanted to know where I came from. The only other answer I have for that is Huntsville, Alabama, and I only lived there until I was 2 years old! After that, it was Miami, FL, then Fort Myers, FL, and now Orlando, FL.

Why not... I'll give you the link to the topic anyway in case I left something out. Here it is: http://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/vi...php?t=4175

That's it! Togashi, if you read it, please realize that people were upset at you at that time. Things have mellowed out quite a bit since then.
:shock: WELCOME BACK MR./MS./MRS. Chibi Renamon!!

Good luck in your studies to both of you, Mr. Togashi and MR./MS./MRS. Chibi Renamon!
I guess that Keiko and/or some of the members who joined before you helped you out with the board, Toga... we might have once talked about PHP early on while I worked on the site redesign, but I really don't remember actively doing anything to set up the board.

Yes, those old threads were filled with tension. It had been one of the few times that I had actually spoken in public about those things, so there were a few rather bad vibes coming from a few people, especially once you consider that the DaD had been down for a good while just before that. Luckily, things got balanced quickly after those short outbursts.

And despite my confusing nickname and the even more confusing avatar, I'm male. :D But I often got mails by people who assumed me to be a girl, so gender confusion is nothing new at this point :P
Lol, I already knew you were male; gender confusion is so common here. lol
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
You mean there are more than, what, two females here...?

Oh, yes, I'm alive. :P Togashi and Chibi probably remember me, but I'm not sure about the rest.