Join our server on Discord

What In The Flying Fuck lol
Interesting story. I'm surprised this place survived. Glad it's still around though. And don't worry Wise, the SDP knows when to keep themselves in control. This is a very important topic and shall not be messed with.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wow-the history of this place-good to know.
Thanks for the story, Togashi!

And of course I wont spam...^_^
That's the full story huh? I came in along the time of the digif*ck site. Then were you guys started a board on ezboard I came there.
Just to make the Zombie Parade complete... Ta-da!
(Everybody else: "...who's that...?")

Holy hell, it's you! OMG! WTF!
Your last "I'm back!" phase didn't even last long enough for me to quit the first time, you crazy founder, you! XD

Tiny adjustments and additions to your story (without going into some of the sillier chapters of history :P), as far as I even recall them myself:
Togashi Wrote:Chibi Renamon then took over. He was an awesome guy and did a great job with things, redesigning the site, fixing problems, helping me set up the current board system, etc.

That's as far as I can recall. Last I was here last year, Chibi Renamon was running things. I know he didnt want to take over. He wanted help and didnt want the whole thing piled on him.
Actually, I wasn't involved in setting up the Board System. I'm member #198 and joined on the board almost two months after you :P
Heck, I only joined for the first or second Lemon Contest if I recall correctly.

I originally joined to help with the new layout (more specifically: to apply the predesigned, new layout to all pages... and to get rid of phpGallery while we were at it) and the updates while letting you handle the rest (like communicating with submission artists, mods, and so on). The fact that I got Board Adminship was a lucky side effect since that was just a few weeks before Real Life caught up with you, leading to your first disappearance ;)
A side effect of that was that I suddenly had to do things I never planned to do. But the main problem was that I was only "Acting Commander", waiting for you to come back. That's one of the main reasons why I had been so reluctant to hand out Master Passwords and such. Maybe a bad move on my side since MY real life was also rapidly catching up with me, but at that time, it had made sense in my eyes (even though some will disagree with me, I know). Luckily, it worked out in the long run, thanks to the cool dudes here :D

In the end, it was the sudden downtime of the DaD that pulled things around. I'll leave out a few sillier details of "recent" history, but let it just be said that I decided to let the dudes here brainstorm for solutions out of this crisis.
The result is the DaD you came back to. Looks just like the one you had to leave, but quite a few things changed under the hood, so to speak.

I'm currently on my own "vacation" (read: "jumping from one exam to the next while desperately trying find a calm minute to write") and only noticed you here thanks to a tip by a certain somebody ;)

So now what? You gonna stay for a while? Then I might check if I still got your Klonoa sig image on HD somewhere :D

(Edit: Not *that* useful to leave out some of the sillier details when they're still in the two Announcements at the top of this board lol Ah well...)
Well, hello Chibi Renamon. Good luck with exams.

It's nice to meet you fellows. Now I can understand references in older stories, like Red Rover's DaD Studios thing.
Chibi Renamon Wrote:So now what? You gonna stay for a while? Then I might check if I still got your Klonoa sig image on HD somewhere :D
lol If you don't have it, it's on the server somewhere. I saw it once or twice but never opened it, much like many things there, lol. Give me the word and I'll look for it for ya!

Chibi Renamon Wrote:(Edit: Not *that* useful to leave out some of the sillier details when they're still in the two Announcements at the top of this board lol Ah well...)

Well, they're there because I forgot they were until just now, rofl! I had planned to delete them, but if you want me to leave them long enough for Togashi to see, then I will.
I thank you for the information Togashi, that story put together a lot of what I had missed and what needed to be clarified. So in that respect, thank you for informing us with that lovely report of how the DaD and simultaneously how DHZ came to be was very interesting. As for others who took your place through whatever reasons, this site is live and kicking, still looking to breathe and expand its digi wings and continue to do what needs to be done in order to fly. I think this site has one way to go and that is to expand..... and their is no doubt in my mind we can do so...
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Togashi, as a fellow engineering graduate (mechanical), I wish you success. For civil engineering, I'm pretty sure you need to be licensed for your state in order to get very far in the profession, but I'll bet your advisor already told you about that. You have to take a couple of 8 hour exams to get that license.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Chibi Renamon,do you remember me from back then?...you may not...i use to be on the RP's a lot.
Da WOLFE Wrote:
Chibi Renamon Wrote:(Edit: Not *that* useful to leave out some of the sillier details when they're still in the two Announcements at the top of this board lol Ah well...)

Well, they're there because I forgot they were until just now, rofl! I had planned to delete them, but if you want me to leave them long enough for Togashi to see, then I will.
Delete? Nuh-uh! Bad Admin, no cookie! Evil
Nah, you can leave them around up there for a while so people can catch up on history since the topic came up here, but after that, you can just un-"Announce" them (by editing the first post per thread and unticking the box) so it falls off the front page while still being accessible in the archives. :)

Would be a real pity to lose those threads, but they don't have to be stuck up there for all eternity :P

The Ultimate Lifeform Wrote:Chibi Renamon,do you remember me from back then?...you may not...i use to be on the RP's a lot.
Ooof, maybe by name, but I've been away from the Domain since handing over control, so my name memory's limited to the people I had interacted with a lot during the months before that.