Join our server on Discord

What In The Flying Fuck lol
MUST-RESIST-URGE-TO...

Nah, j/k, I too want to hear serious things about the founder, I shall not spam here.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
i agree,i would like to hear from Togashi as well...
I really want to here the history of the Dad I must know the epic tale of it.
same with me....but it may take a while to do.
Hey Togashi. I'm the treasurer of the place now, and along with Wisemon and Kous_u, we keep the coffers full enough to keep the site going.

I'm also one of the frequent posters that doesn't spam the ever-living fuck out of the forum.
Heh, well very nice to meet you all, I'll give you a little tale of the site, if you want it. It's not too boring I spose.

I started it back in Spring of 1999. I was a junior in high school, and had literaly no classes, so being completely bored and a huge perv I spent lots of time foraging for stuff online. I had been going to the old AGNPH site a long time, and also had found the old Mist-X Digifuck site. I even wrote some lemons and sent them to Mist-X....but it just took too long to get them posted, and I actually started the Digiartists' Domain to post my lemons lol. Back then I got to be friends with Red Rover, SonimodB and some of the other old writers.

I ran the whole thing myself at first. I had no knowledge of how to run or start a site back then, and literally learned it along the way. The message boards were those old post-a-note designs, where they cascade down on one big page lol. It was awesome.

The first big change was when I went to college a year and a half later. I knew I would be unable to continue the site. I first passed on the site to SonimodB, and he did a great job with it. The whole place was really growing by then and he had a lot to do. I don't know exactly how long he ran it, I want to say a year and a half or so. I believe it was around Nov/Dec 2002 that I was told by some friends that the site had not been updated, and that they couldnt reach Sonimod. The only clue I got was that some government agency had contacted him about the content, and he had stopped updating the place as a result. I couldn't reach him either. I really had no idea what to do, I was a full time student and couldn't do it myself (I tried at first, it didnt work lol). I remember trying to update the site while my roomate was sleeping, after I had gotten my schoolwork all done.

That's where Vimmy Dramon and Kazul got tossed in there. Kazul was to update the images, and Vimmy the main site and lemons. This worked....but not for long. It really is a huge job....even more so back then. Some days there would be 20 or more new submissions.

Here is where everything got weird. Sonimod came back that summer, and he was wanting to get back in charge of things. I explained that he had deserted the place without any explanation. I really didn't think it was fair to let him back. I didn't want to kick out Kazul and Vimmy who had come in and helped me.

So thats where the Digimon Hentai Zone came from. Soni took the files he had already from this site and created his own. You will notice that the disclaimer and such are all identical ^^. At first the whole site was basically a clone in different colors, but it has changed slightly over time. Soni also talked to all the authors and artists he had the contact info for. Many moved to his site. The old writers did stay here, but much of the new content then went to the Digimon Hentai Zone.

Kazul got burned out soon after. Vimmy did stay here for as long as he was able to, but I think he was really burning himself out. I really still feel bad about the work he put in here, because I know he had other issues in his life at the time.

Chibi Renamon then took over. He was an awesome guy and did a great job with things, redesigning the site, fixing problems, helping me set up the current board system, etc.

That's as far as I can recall. Last I was here last year, Chibi Renamon was running things. I know he didnt want to take over. He wanted help and didnt want the whole thing piled on him. But last year I graduated from college in Civil engineering. I really have had like no time for much online. And living with someone who I had no idea would react to that kind of content.

But hey, things look fine now, so I'm very relieved. I had made a promise a long time ago that this place would not dissapear, like so many sites before it. So I guess I feel like I have to check in every once in a while lol.

Few other things, SonimodB = Sonimon, I have no idea why he changed it, I always know him as Sonimod.

Hosting was first one some rinky dink site called Lighthost, I have no idea if they're still around. For the majority of the hosting of this site, it was hosted by my friend Keiko, free of charge. It was literally over a hundred bucks worth of bandwith for the site monthly back then, and I couldn't have kept it running without his help.

Er as for me, I've not been doing much lol. I'm working an internship in the asshole of the US right now, Iowa. This place is the most boring spot I could ever imagine. If not for my friends and the conventions we go to, I'd have gone crazy by now. Hoping to get an actual job elsewhere :p
Wow... A lot did happen... so THAT'S how the DHZ began!
Well- good luck with finding a better job Mr. Togashi! And thanks again for starting the DaD and being a pervert- I guess- you could say I owe you my life more than once.

Thanks.

Wisemon Wrote:Okay, good, we've welcomed back Togashi. Now let's exercise some restraint and avoid spamming up this thread for a while so that he can have a chance to say what he's been up to.

Gunter VanCrimson, Shadowknight, DragonMasterX, The Ultimate Lifeform (Seit), and DrunkenMunkee, I'm talking to you.

Lol- My name was mentioned first! I never start Spam, lol- I just go along after someone already started one, but I guess it's still spam. Guilty as charged, I won't say I don't. lol lol
Thanks for enlightening us. I'm sorry, I've failed to introduce myself; I'm Herr Mullen, and I've been here since October, however I'd been on the mainpage for over a year previously.

So, planning on hanging around? Or just having nostalgic visit to the ol' place?
Wow, many impressive things went on since it first started. DHZ was formed that way? I heard different versions of it (no more than 2 actually), and this seems to gather those version points.

Well, anyways, I think it'll be right to say: Thanks for having the same hormonal problem I'm going to right now and for founding such a wonderful place as the DaD, Togashi.

AND also, thanks for returning once again to us. Hope you stay for much longer.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Thanks Togashi, I never really new the whole "story." It is good to know you are doing well.