Join our server on Discord

The Nintendo isn't Revolution...
Quote: I mean, Nintendo named the new Nintendo GameCube *even though it was supposed to be DOLPHIN [SIGH...] not that I like it

True, but most of the time Nintendo talked about GameCube, they referenced it as Project Dolphin (which implied it was not named yet), that named never seemed quite as concerete to me as Revolution did.

Anyway, name has little significance when it comes to gameplay, which I'm sure Wii will deliver.
The Reclaimer Wrote:
Quote: I mean, Nintendo named the new Nintendo GameCube *even though it was supposed to be DOLPHIN [SIGH...] not that I like it

True, but most of the time Nintendo talked about GameCube, they referenced it as Project Dolphin (which implied it was not named yet), that named never seemed quite as concerete to me as Revolution did.

Anyway, name has little significance when it comes to gameplay, which I'm sure Wii will deliver.

Agreed, NINTENDO OWNZ PEOPLE DO NOT BE DECEIVED!!!

Anyways, one of the reasons I liked Nintendo best was because their games are fun. Sony and Microsoft end up doing MORE AND MORE OF THE SAME OLD SH!T... I mean, WTF do we need an extra DVD player for in a PS3 when I can get a surround set with dvd player for less of the PS3's prize?
JamesBond007 Wrote:Wii sounds really close to pee
My things is the games not the systems
Yes. Yes it does.
Welcome to that day they annouced it.
But seriously that's a good policy.
Anonymousmon RELOADED Wrote:YOU WEAK, PATHETIC FOOLS!!!

Oh ye of little faith. Nintendo has always been, like many have said before, about quality. Sony's all graphics, and Microsoft... Well it's there.

Actually in my opinion I'd say the Xbox is all about the graphics. Even though I'm a huge Station fan, I've got to admit the xbox is decimating it in the graphics and power department. At least till we see the PS3. And the playstation, I'd say their all about getting out tons of games, sadly not many of which are good.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yeah it seems each system has these supports:

PS3: Graphical Prowess, Continued use of strong franchises (mainly RPGs)
360: Graphical Prowess, strong online support/community, FPS games
Wii: New types of gameplay, wide variety of games.

Quote:Even though I'm a huge Station fan, I've got to admit the xbox is decimating it in the graphics and power department.

I tip my hat to you, not many PS fans are so truthful. And I can admit as a strong Xbox fan that PS3 will most likely rock the 360 graphicwise (though it might take a round or two of games for its potential to be tapped). I am however fairly irritated that Sony's new online ideas seem like a blatant copy of Xbox Live
Quote:Even though I'm a huge Station fan, I've got to admit the xbox is decimating it in the graphics and power department.

Not when it comes to particling. The Xbox's particling is pretty logy compared to the PS2's. For a quick demonstration, run around outside the Tanker in MGS2 in both versions and observe for yourself. Or throw a few grenades, or do ANYTHING that causes particling effects. The Xbox experiences noticeable slowdown.

The only times I've seen the PS2 lag in that game is when I go Marine bowling.
senjuro Wrote:

Not when it comes to particling. The Xbox's particling is pretty logy compared to the PS2's. For a quick demonstration, run around outside the Tanker in MGS2 in both versions and observe for yourself. Or throw a few grenades, or do ANYTHING that causes particling effects. The Xbox experiences noticeable slowdown.

The only times I've seen the PS2 lag in that game is when I go Marine bowling.

i know what you mean, i personaly don't have an xbox or a 360, but my friend has an xbox, and while watching him play it, ive seen what you said, noticable slowdowns, however, i have never seen either my PS2 or gamecube ever lag even once, regardless of game, or how much is going on in the game at once

as for the wii, i kinda like the name, it is indeed unique, even if revolution did sound cooler, and, since its going to be cheaper than the others, its definatly going to be the first one i get,

one more thing, more people need to realize, whatever the capabilites of the system are, it dosent matter, what matters is, getting the one that has the games you like on it!
And that's the real reason I don't like the xbox.
I still have my Xbox 360 in it's box. I've had it for almost a week and haven't even opened it, I'm not sure why. I just can't find a game I like for it.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Maybe they changed the name because a Japanese person would have serious problems pronouncing "Revolution" properly.