Join our server on Discord

Things Which Make You Grumpy.
blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:I can't stand people that can't STAND the diversity that is music......ALL MUSIC TYPES REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY ARE SHOULD BE CHERISHED!!!!

I also can't stand musicians saying that...... Fine you could not like it, you have your prefences but they should ATLEAST BE TOLERABLE to you because you know how hard is it to be one yourself!!!!.....

Ok I am done......Seeing you badger music makes me angry..... You make fun of one, you make fun of it all.....
You obviously haven't heard some rap.
http://lowroad75.comicgenesis.com/d/20060203.html
I was wondering if I could use this. The second panel describes most rappers and if you don't think so then I have a bunch of rap songs with the slang parts translated so you can see how it is.

I have a good reason to dislike rap. And country but that's because I live in the american south. Anyone who live in the US know what I mean.

And the I.R.S. is a neccesery evil. People will pretty much agree with part of that.
Doesn't stop me from hating them. 8)
Actually, I only 'dislike' them, now that the taxes are done.

But I will agree on the Producers (fantastic play/movie). The only upside.
Quote:The second panel describes most rappers and if you don't think so then I have a bunch of rap songs with the slang parts translated so you can see how it is.
Yep, that's modern rap in a nutshell.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I knew someone would get it.
when it comes to music it saddens me that you believe in trends in mass culture and popular shit than listening to the people that are unsigned.... Maybe some of you are so lazy, you only listen to music thats on "the radio". There are a lot of artists that dont have a message about themselves.....and are actually about something meaningful.....three words ...."Broaden your Horizons"
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I don't listen to the radio. I just listen to songs I like, like Haruka Kanata, GO!!, butterfly, In The End, New Disease. I don't think I actually have a prefered style.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:when it comes to music it saddens me that you believe in trends in mass culture and popular shit than listening to the people that are unsigned.... Maybe some of you are so lazy, you only listen to music thats on "the radio". There are a lot of artists that dont have a message about themselves.....and are actually about something meaningful.....three words ...."Broaden your Horizons"

Awfully sorry, but are you devaluing unmeaningful music? I cannot stand people who devalue music in any form. Also, "the radio" doesn't need speachmarks; it isn't a metaphorical thing.

I can't be bothered to pass judgement on rap. I don't like how it sounds, that's the end of it. I wouldn't mind some postive rap, however. You know, all done by a philomonic orchestra with some chap at the front rapping about how good his life is, and thanking his dear mother for being so good to him. That would be fun. Or, latin rap. I like the sound of latin, and I don't need to know what it means.

For now, my favorate rap, however, remains this wonderful number. Not sure if the link still works. Still, Look Around You and you might find something interesting.
blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:when it comes to music it saddens me that you believe in trends in mass culture and popular shit than listening to the people that are unsigned.... Maybe some of you are so lazy, you only listen to music thats on "the radio". There are a lot of artists that dont have a message about themselves.....and are actually about something meaningful.....three words ...."Broaden your Horizons"
Actually I listen to music that's also on TV and I download anime and vdeo game music too.
And about rap, I don't like the type like in that link I posted.
Anything else and I might listen to it.
It's just the whole I have large amounts of money and I show it by having women dance around almost naked and having diamonds on my teeth.

You see, it's stuff like that. That's why I don't like most rap.
I don't know what makes me "devalue" what is the truth. The ignorance and on the subject matter is really disheartening. I will say this again, music is an art, rap is a form of poetry, in motion like dance in beautiful lines set to a tempo and methodically put down into emotion. There are a ton of good rappers out there that don't follow the things you want to be individual and different....oh, look from disrupted vision and muffled hearing, look at Nothin' but Stringz and Jin and so many others..... this is bliss and music is dead...
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:I don't know what makes me "devalue" what is the truth.

My dear fellow, it was a joke. No worries, eh? "Rap" is actually an acronym; "RAP"; Rhythem And Poetry.