Join our server on Discord

season 2 kids
Herr Mullen Wrote:I don't like the careers the characters were given. Okay, teacher, housewife, detective, they're all realistic... but astronaut?

I rather miss the old gang, too. They should have inclided more from series one in series two. They all had such fantastic personias, and to see what they've turning into is fantastic, but I'd like to see more of what they've become. They all grew up so much during the first series.

Astronaut only seems like such a ridiculous leap when you compare it to his rock star thing he had going on as a teenager.

The only 01 kid I didn't really like was Mimi, and she was mercifully only brought back a few times. Sora was brought in even less then her. But Tai, Matt, and Izzy were around for quite a bit, and Joe made a few appearances. Aaaa, who am I kidding, I would've been perfectly happy if the second season were the same DigiDestined kids, but older, and doing the whole thing with their partners.
But why astronaut? When did he ever look to want to be one? Was it between the 25 years? And of course, why did mimi cook and sora make fashion? We really don't know.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to become an astronaut? It's not something you do on a whim. You have to want to be an astronaut your whole life, because your life will be devoted to nothing but studying and training. I think "Rocketman" (the song) gave everyone the wrong impression about the determination required.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
UnknownH Wrote:But why astronaut? When did he ever look to want to be one? Was it between the 25 years? And of course, why did mimi cook and sora make fashion? We really don't know.

That was confusing. I figured Mimi for a fashion person and Sora going into the flower thing after the whole thing with her mom in 01.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well most of them are pretty fucked up. Tai being a diplomat? Davis opening up a surprisingly succesful internation chain of noodle stand? What happened to their die-hard obsessions with soccer?

Oh well, I guess a lot of people change a lot in 25 years, but it might be more satisfying from a viewers perspective if more of the kids ended up doing what we expected of them instead of just Joe and Izzy.
think of all the die-hard sport jocks in high school. How many of them did something with it?
Touche, but how many of these sport jocks become diplomats? That's a bit out there...

It just dawned on me this morning why the 02 crowd seemed like such wimps compared to the 01 kids. In 01, the ONLY time anyone ever showed remorse for destroying another Digimon was when Agumon DarkDigivolved to SkullGreymon and annihilated that other Greymon. They had no problems destroying Devimon, Etemon, Myotismon and his henchmen, or the Dark Masters. When it comes right down to it, WarGreymon ripped MetalSeadramon into shreds and MetalGarurumon gave it to Puppetmon at point blank range with no warning.

That's badass! And the kids were cool with it, even though they knew they were essentially taking away life.

Cut to season 2 where LadyDevimon is about to kill Yolei, here comes a Sataic Force that blasts her to smithereens, and she gets all quivery lipped because Sylphimo just walloped a bad Digimon. WTF?? S/He just saved your life, you should be thankful that you didn't just get mauled by that crazy biatch!
Yeah, but the dark masters were evil and they had to die. The 02 kids didn't understand that yet. Some digimon have to die. But cody did what you'd expect him to do. Something to do with the law and kari did too while tk, yolei, and ken did something that didn't seem weird (too much).
From what I remember, TK and Kari said that some Digimon had to be destroyed. TK was a huge proponent of destroying their enemies, which is what made Cody so hesistant to have Ankylomon and Angemon DNA Digivolve together.
UnknownH Wrote:Cut to season 2 where LadyDevimon is about to kill Yolei, here comes a Sataic Force that blasts her to smithereens, and she gets all quivery lipped because Sylphimo just walloped a bad Digimon. WTF?? S/He just saved your life, you should be thankful that you didn't just get mauled by that crazy biatch!

When they reached the point of no return, the 01 kid had witnessed all the evil commited by the concerned enemies. They had often been nearly killed several times over.

At the point of the 02 chritsmas invasion, the 02 crew hadn't gone through half what the 01 had, hence their moral issues. They had faced Ken without having to actually kill (except Kimeramon), and they were aware that most of Arukenimon's creations were artificial and not conscious.

They were perfectly to fight, but killing was another matter entirely.