Join our server on Discord

season 2 kids
is it just me or did anyone else want the kids of the season 2 kids to get a season
Not really. The whole point of the digidestined becoming adults and having families was meant as a closure to the series anyway and not a grounds for there to be any sort of part 3.
There's too many of them. There wouldn't be adequate characterization.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:There's too many of them. There wouldn't be adequate characterization.

Besides, would we REALLY want Jeff Nimoy as a scriptwriter for yet another season?
Wisemon Wrote:There's too many of them. There wouldn't be adequate characterization.

Personally, I think characterization was better accomplished during the first season, which is odd, because there were more characters plus their Digimon to get to know. In the first season, you met 7 kids and their digimon, and then another and her partner later on. Season 02, you had only 4 new kids plus their Digimon to get to know, and yet, it seemed like we never got to know them at all.

The only season 2 kid they bothered developing at all was Ken, and the went so overboard that I frequently felt myself saying, "Oh right, Davis, Yolei and Cody are still around, too."

Maybe it's because season 01 was all continuous, unbroken story line, whereas season 02 had gaps of apparently months in between some episodes.
Quote:Maybe it's because season 01 was all continuous, unbroken story line, whereas season 02 had gaps of apparently months in between some episodes.
No, it's because Season 1 had those nice recalls, flashbacks, and dramatic monologues. For example, we slowly found out the secrets of Izzy's origins when he went home during the Myotismon series. We saw that cautious Joe was actually more courageous than Tai when he had to protect T.K. and Mimi, and he gave us all his reasons. I don't really care about any of the other characters from Season 1, but they were also pretty well developed. Actually, despite being the first character introduced, Tai was really the only character with no real personality. He just liked to play soccer and joke around. I guess that was his personality.
I know that you saw me.
Well yeah, that's kind of what I meant. If there was something in the story line of season 01 that needed fleshing out, it was generally done. For example, when they were wandering around in the sewers after meeting Andromon for the first time and all talking about what they missed about home. I didn't really have a lot of unanswered questions about it. As opposed to season 02 where it'd be like "Yup, it's 3 months later and summer's almost over. We destroyed control spires the whole time and did nothing else!" 02 left too much up to the imagination and seemed too slapdash, especially things that were downright discontinuous with what viewers know to be false, ie. Tai being in the DigiWorld trying to get Agumon to digivolve, when it's later discovered that only a D3 can open a DigiPort.

I kind of disagree with your assessment of Tai. Once he realized that he could actually get hurt in the DigiWorld during the end of the Etemon arc, he wasn't so courageous. And he went pretty postal during the Machinedraon portion when Kari was sick, and illuminated a bit of the back story there, too.

I just felt that we got a chance to get to know them all in season 01, as opposed to poor Yolei, about whom we know pretty much nothing. She's the least developed character by far. We know her parents own a store. That's about it.

Oh well...I guess 4 extra episodes made THAT much of a difference.
Well, I kinda thought Yolie and Cody were both poorly done.
I think Davis was done decently.
Actually, a lot of characters may be seen as having good characterization.
You already discussed tai.
Now davis, is like a yonger tai. He the light hearted one and he also like kari. (of course that why the davis/kari thing is weird to me, he's a lot lke tai)
He's the one who brought the team together, got ken to be more freindly and open and couldn't be beat by malomyotismon. That's mostly him.

Cody was the izzy/joe like kid His dad not only knew oikawa but unfortuantly died while protecting someone. Which gave him his snese of justice as it were. He also lived with his grandfather and mother. His grandfather taught him kendo and gave him advice.

Yolei was the youngest of a bunch of siblings. This comes into play with her malomyotismon fantasy(which is understandable if you lived with that many people) Plus as kari is the sora of the group yolei was the mimi of the group. She not only was smart but spoke more of her mind.

And season 2 was less plot heavy then season 1 which had the most plot and really didn't have anything fillerlike because of it.
Just remember guys, I can do character examinations too. I've done it before for the show king of the hill. And didn't nimoy write the other digimon movies? They were really good.
Quote:Machinedraon portion when Kari was sick, and illuminated a bit of the back story there, too.
I forgot about the older brother guilt thing, good point.

Quote:Now davis, is like a yonger tai. He the light hearted one and he also like kari. (of course that why the davis/kari thing is weird to me, he's a lot lke tai)
He's the one who brought the team together, got ken to be more freindly and open and couldn't be beat by malomyotismon. That's mostly him.
He's not a younger Tai. Tai was a respected and needed leader (as shown when he returned home for an hour). Davis, on the other hand, only considered himself to be the leader. To everybody else, he was a nuisance and scapegoat for their troubles along the way. Tai was just assumed to be the leader, but Davis had to prove himself. It wasn't enough to offer himself to Deltamon. He didn't really prove who the real leader was until the second to last episode, when he was the only one who could resist MaloMyotismon's spell.
I know that you saw me.