Join our server on Discord

season 2 kids
He was like tai in early 01. Only a little bit dimmer.
Only a little bit? heh...

Personally, I think the DigiEgg assignment was fucked up beyond all belief. Why exactly did Cody get the DigiEgg of Knowledge when in the first episode they established that Yolei was the tech-head of the 02 crew? He should've gotten Sincerety and Reliability, and Yolei should've gotten Love and Knowledge. Davis' DigiEgg assignments were okay.

Not like that really matters, since when they all gained the ability to get to the Champion level and DNA digivolve, their Armor forms didn't come out of the bag too often, which is a shame, given the coolness of forms like Shurimon and Raidramon. Whoever designed Shakkoumon should be blasted in the kneecaps. That thing was just damned ugly.

Anyway, kid-wise, I'd say it was probably a bit late to start talking about the kids' backstories in the last two episodes. It felt like we got to know the 01 crowd as the story went on, but 02 almost expect us to already know them well, when we only knew 2 of them from before. It probably would've eased the viewers minds to have the 01 make more appearances than they did, especially Joe and Sora, who made by far the fewest appearances.
Quote:Whoever designed Shakkoumon should be blasted in the kneecaps. That thing was just damned ugly.
I liked Shakkoumon. Think back to Season 2 of Power Rangers. Imagine what would've happened if Lord Zedd made a monster out of a teapot. There, now you have Shakkoumon.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Maybe that's why I didn't like Shakkoumon, then. It reminded me of a Power Rangers monster, and I hated Power Rangers.

I guess compared to relative coolness of Paildramon and Sylphimon (my personal favorite DNA form), Shakkoumon looks like ass. He's a big clunky robot that doesn't really do a whole lot except levitate and fire lasers/bladed disc-bombs. He could've been a much more logical combination of the two forms of Angemon and Ankylomon, like Paildramon and Sylphimon were...though I guess Patamon does throw things off a bit. His Digivolutions are kind of weird. How exactly does a little flying pig thing become an angel, anyway?
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:Whoever designed Shakkoumon should be blasted in the kneecaps. That thing was just damned ugly.
I liked Shakkoumon. Think back to Season 2 of Power Rangers. Imagine what would've happened if Lord Zedd made a monster out of a teapot. There, now you have Shakkoumon.

Ah, Lord Z. Now, in those days we had some real villians. Reta was also cool.

I didn't really like Shakkoumoin, either. I thought he seemed a little too ridgid; I couldn't imagine the thing moving.
How does a little dog thing evo into a cat then an angel? And shakkoumon does stand out. Especally when you figure out what his mega was.
http://www.thedigiport.com/dex_Vikemon.shtml
http://digimon.thenexxus.org/encyclopedi...kemon.html
A dog is more like a cat than an angel and an anklyosaurus are like a big robot thing.

Also, the way that Gatomon's digivolution sequence is animated makes her change from a cat to an angel seem much more logical than it really is. Just seeing that most of the digivolutions (except for Patamon's) make a lot of sense visually, Shakkoumon doesn't make a whole lot of sense at all.
Sorry, but I agree with the whole lot with Shakkoumon... all I can say is what were they thinking? He could barely do anything. I guess that's what happens when you're the last fusions.
Quote:He could barely do anything. I guess that's what happens when you're the last fusions.
Shakkoumon could absorb energy attacks and throw them back at his opponents! You call that nothing?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
We're not saying his attacks suck, we're just saying Shakkoumon LOOKS really lame, and that's pretty much undeniable. I guess when you have the raw power of Paildramon and Imperialdramon and the agility of Sylphimon, I guess the only remaining option is something that looks like it takes litterally no damage at all. I guess a big doll-robot thing was the best they could come up with.