Join our server on Discord

Poll: "Geeky" is the new "cool"
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Agree!
62.50%
10 62.50%
Disagree!
37.50%
6 37.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Geeky: the new cool?
Wisemon Wrote:There's a group that goes into college with "experience," and a group that exits college with none.
And one of those groups could beat the heck out of the others because of certian things about them.
And X-box games don't count towards geekiness, PC games do.
If you play nothing but sports games, you are not a geek. You are a bigger dork then a geek and probally own an xbox. If you only play FPSes then you are a geek. A big geek and either you own an xbox or a PC.
So there's different kinds of geeks.
Wisemon Wrote:Are geeks becoming cooler? Maybe, but only because Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter (neither of which I like) have become pop culture. The problem is that a majority of geeks are male, and they're still unable to compete with jocks when it comes to getting female attentions, despite the fact that geeks make much better boyfriends. The draw of brawns over brains has not died down, though women will probably deny it. I've seen the proof. There's a group that goes into college with "experience," and a group that exits college with none.

We have a winner!

No, geeks aren't cooler. Geekish artifacts such as video games, fantasy/sci-fi and even simple web coding (HTML) have all become cooler and more common, but the geekish mind and personality are as rejected as ever.

Geek - One (especially a every intelligent one) who cares more about their chosen field of study or play than the opinions of the blind mob that calls itself society.

Geeks, by definition, could only ever incidentally be cool, but that kind of cool doesn't exist. Cool comes from adapting oneself to what is perceived as cool. That, though, is something geeks, by inclination and definition, never do.

http://reddit.com/goto?id=2k3n - I want everyone here to read that. Then Zephyr, DrunkenMunkee and anyone else who happens to be female needs to explain to the rest of us how to get the attention of a girl without resorting to lines or being a jerk.

On that note: www.gk2gk.com Dating site exclusively for geeks. I hope to never use one of those things, but I have to respect this one for not caring about appearance.
Geek?....Me?.....Maybe......but, i am a Juggalo....SO MORE POWER TO THE GEEKS.....no connection?.....oh really?.....your right....but i kidd.

Yes,Geeks are cool.
Quote:Anyone know where I fit? 'Cause I have no clue.
If you're here, you're not a jock. If you were a jock, you'd still be watching and participating in sports, and then you'd be watching Sportscenter later to see all of the highlights from the games that coincided with the other games you had to watch at the time.

Quote:Geeks, by definition, could only ever incidentally be cool, but that kind of cool doesn't exist. Cool comes from adapting oneself to what is perceived as cool. That, though, is something geeks, by inclination and definition, never do.
Well said.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:If you're here, you're not a jock. If you were a jock, you'd still be watching and participating in sports.

I don't participate in sports anymore because I physically can't the best I can do is stand and throw a ball at someone or, by pushing off with my good leg, do a reletively decent tackle, but running is out of the question. And when did I say I don't watch? I go to the AFL games every time the Rush has a home game.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:http://reddit.com/goto?id=2k3n - I want everyone here to read that. Then Zephyr, DrunkenMunkee and anyone else who happens to be female needs to explain to the rest of us how to get the attention of a girl without resorting to lines or being a jerk.
I see lots of links. What exactly do you want us to read?
I had that problem too.
Damnit. Seems to turn out that article was fabricated, so of course they took it off the web-site.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.seduc...510172e22d?

That's a repost in some stupid newsgroup. Basically, the article is about men who use formulated conversations to get women, and women who take part in this willingly.

Girls of this website (all two of you), why does your gender continue to 1) Put up with bullshit, and 2) Prefer jerks or bullshit artists over much anyone else?
Labels is all it is, put a lbael on someone and they become what you marked them up as, take the restuarant line for instances

I use to make up the salads and such and chicken salad was actually chooped turkey in mayoniase we had left over, but the boss says, "Tell anyone it's turkey and I kill you" Some food we had went bad the boss just said, "Make it look good and people will still buy it" sure enough he rights

In short, label someone as a geek they will be a geek, label them as cool, they will be cool

Minor note: In life nerds get a lot of ass, in school nerds get a lot of ass kickings
EpsilonZX Wrote:Minor note: In life nerds get a lot of ass, in school nerds get a lot of ass kickings

Partially true. It is a bizarre fact that nerds, once they grow up and enter "real life", gut much less ass but are more likely to marry than the average person.