Join our server on Discord

Poll: "Geeky" is the new "cool"
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Agree!
62.50%
10 62.50%
Disagree!
37.50%
6 37.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Geeky: the new cool?
What do you think? It seems that with the dawn of the Digital Age came a new definition of cool. What was geeky before now seems to be what everyone thinks is so cool to be. A movie geek, a music geek, a computer geek...they're all cool now...

Agree? Or disagree?
I would say that the geeks are cool in their own way... people are starting to really hate the preps and jocks,... I do Wink
Veemon's Followers
That's what happens when the little kids of the 80's and 90's grow up, there's all the old stuff from when you were little that you can buy now. Plus the invention of the iPod. Yes, it is cooler to be a "geek".
Define "geek".
I personally think of myself as a geek inside of a pretty girl's body. I have geek tastes (videogames, anime, staying at home every frigging Saturday night) but I don't look like one (no glasses, ponytail, nerdy shirt or ugly looks).
Here it has changed a bit cuz of a certain local magazine with geeks themes that is supposed to be overly cool. But I bet nobody would think that a person with geek's look looks cool in a disco.
u know what Im not a geek....(has a mullet, glasses, and some really cool lookin hawaii'n shirt)

Geeks are cool in the fact that more people, hopefully seem to like intelligence then body a lot more as criteria in the love game....

I am a videogame, music, sport and many others as well... So geekiness is definitly the new cool ....

~~
lonelygabu~~
~~
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I honestly have no clue where I fit in the whole Geek/Jock thing.

Geek: I own countless old videogames that I have spent years collecting, I can name off every hero and heroine of every final fantasy, (except 3 since my copy isn't english), and I own every FF game (like I said I have the rom of FF 3).

Jock: In highschool I played football for a while, I wrestled for a short period of time (I was too violent), I own a ton of football memoribilia (autographed shirts, magazines, and what not), and I'm a relatively decent snow boarder (or thought I was till I broke my leg).

Anyone know where I fit? 'Cause I have no clue.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Labels!? Always with the labels!! Becareful who you label!!!

Minor note though, I guess geek though I could be prep and in school I played foot ball and basketball so would I be a jock too? Perhaps I am a Jack-of-all-Labels, but geeky is the in thing, those new Gucchi glasses look like harry potter made them and they are the "in" style this season

I saw this guy who looks like he's in the Italian mafia purchasing racing games from GameStop, so geek is definitely in this season
Hey, I didn't label people as being geeks, I said people who are geeky. The semantic difference, though only very slight, is of the utmost importance in this distinction!
Are geeks becoming cooler? Maybe, but only because Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter (neither of which I like) have become pop culture. The problem is that a majority of geeks are male, and they're still unable to compete with jocks when it comes to getting female attentions, despite the fact that geeks make much better boyfriends. The draw of brawns over brains has not died down, though women will probably deny it. I've seen the proof. There's a group that goes into college with "experience," and a group that exits college with none.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
dunno if they're becoming more cool but thething that calls my atention is if they are really thinking about interacting with you or venting their likes. If it's not venting I think it's cool
Veemon's Followers