Join our server on Discord

Fill my lungs with air; then let it out
Quote:Oh, and isn't in Macbeth, not Mcbeth? My Shakespeare is kinda rusty...
Yep, the play takes place in Scotland. When I think of Macbeth, I think of an example of dramatic irony, the line where the king says to Macbeth that he couldn't see that his soldier would betray him.

Quote:If you're even half as eloquent in person as you are here, you'll be great.
Oh, I am quite eloquent. My poems just got rejected from a bunch of contests that I entered, but I know my competition, and they were also the judges, so I wasn't surprised. The difference between their poetry and my poetry is that I have universal appeal. They could never read their shit to a theater of a general audience of peers and get anything more than a smattering of polite applause.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:Yep, the play takes place in Scotland. When I think of Macbeth, I think of an example of dramatic irony, the line where the king says to Macbeth that he couldn't see that his soldier would betray him.

"There is no art to find the mind's construction in the face." His next line addresses Macbeth as his loyal and most favored Thane. Irony!

Quote:Oh, I am quite eloquent. My poems just got rejected from a bunch of contests that I entered, but I know my competition, and they were also the judges, so I wasn't surprised. The difference between their poetry and my poetry is that I have universal appear. They could never read their shit to a theater of a general audience of peers and get anything more than a smattering of polite applause.

Ah. English majors.
I'm not as poetic or anything like you two (I was just good in english and always read faster then my classes.) so maybe you two english major-like guys call tell me this, Wasn't irony what he was going for?
UnknownH Wrote:I'm not as poetic or anything like you two (I was just good in english and always read faster then my classes.) so maybe you two english makor-like guys call tell me this, Wasn't irony what he was going for?

1.The English major type here is Wisemon. I've always just read a lot.
2. Yes, Shakespeare was going straight for irony. My teacher made sure everyone knew this.
Quote:Yes, Shakespeare was going straight for irony. My teacher made sure everyone knew this.
What makes this an example of dramatic irony (as opposed to situational or verbal) is that only the audience knows that it's ironic.
I know that you saw me.
That's kind of interesting.
The audience was only about 40 people, my time was cut to three minutes by a very "flamboyant" host/stand-up comedian, and the rest of the poets weren't even in my league, but other than that, everything went smoothly. I guess I shouldn't complain; I won a CD player just for participating.
I know that you saw me.
And even if you don't need the CD player, you can just hawk it for some extra dough...sweet deal!

I'm glad it went well for you.
Ya, good to hear! And Macbeth is an awesome play, I love the twists in the end with the three prophecies and Macbeth's fate:
that bastard was played like a trumpet lol
Cool, free CD Player. Nice job. Glad to know it went well.