Join our server on Discord

Fill my lungs with air; then let it out
I forgot to mention that on Thursday, I signed up to read a ten minute set of poetry as an opener for Regie Cubino at a poetry slam. How is this different from other poetry readings I've done? I'm going to be reading in my campus's Student Union Theater, which is normally used as a giant movie theater, and has a seating capacity of hundreds. I doubt that nearly that many people are going to attend, but I'm inviting everyone I can, and it should still be a pretty decently sized audience, probably my largest ever. I've already picked out my set, and I've started rehearsing.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Nice opportunity to stand out in a crowd! I'd wish ya luck, but I know you'll do awesome... and my luck has been in short supply lately :)
In theatre isn't it bad luck to wish someone good luck? Break a leg (not literally).
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I am pretty sure it is bad to do that.. oh well.. I know you will do great.. no doubts here and we are all pulling for you. Good Luck and rememeber to RELAX!!!
Veemon's Followers
Good luck is bad, but watch out for people saying "Mcbeth". Make them spin 'round three times, swear and spit.

I won a poetry slam once. I good some Quality Street.
umm...i dont wanna say good luck, or bad luck for that matter, so not-good-but-still-kinda-good luck! i bet you'll be great! : )
Wisemon Wrote:I forgot to mention that on Thursday, I signed up to read a ten minute set of poetry as an opener for Regie Cubino at a poetry slam. How is this different from other poetry readings I've done? I'm going to be reading in my campus's Student Union Theater, which is normally used as a giant movie theater, and has a seating capacity of hundreds. I doubt that nearly that many people are going to attend, but I'm inviting everyone I can, and it should still be a pretty decently sized audience, probably my largest ever. I've already picked out my set, and I've started rehearsing.

w00t, w00t, w00t! Mazl tov, keynehure.
Well this could be very good for you. We could maybe one day see a book of poetry with your name on it. Hope you do good.
Herr Mullen Wrote:Good luck is bad, but watch out for people saying "Mcbeth". Make them spin 'round three times, swear and spit.

What's so bad about saying "McBeth"?

*random person gets struck by lightning*

COOL! MCBETH! MCBETH! MCBETH!

*lightning strikes the unfortunate man 3 more times*

This is funner'n snowboarding Twisted .
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Herr Mullen Wrote:Good luck is bad, but watch out for people saying "Mcbeth". Make them spin 'round three times, swear and spit.

I won a poetry slam once. I good some Quality Street.

Yeah, we talked about that in opera workshop last year...except the director said that apparently you can only undo the curse by leaving the theatre and doing what you said. It's creepy though, isn't it?

shadowknight Wrote:What's so bad about saying "McBeth"?

*random person gets struck by lightning*

COOL! MCBETH! MCBETH! MCBETH!

*lightning strikes the unfortunate man 3 more times*

That episode of the Simpsons had Tony Blair, Ian McKellen AND J.K. Rowling...ah, British cameos.

Oh, and isn't in Macbeth, not Mcbeth? My Shakespeare is kinda rusty...

Well, break a leg, Wise. If you're even half as eloquent in person as you are here, you'll be great.