Join our server on Discord

Author Of The Month
Well I think I got that.... I think he wants a list to be made and posted in a forum.. then every person can e-mail a vote to somebody and then the votes can be tallied through there to prevent bias and hurt feelings... at least thats what I think he said/meant
Veemon's Followers
well I say rorancrystalwolf is a good lad .

this guest has some very personal matters going on I can see that through his posts. I doubt he/she will reveal him/herself though sounds more like a guy to me.
Veemon's Followers
I agree. GO RORANDCRYSTALWOLF!!! *throws streamers*
Hopefully with people like this gone we can all go back to our routines of having lively conversations. Getting back on topic, Author of the Month is still a good idea. We can start out with that and add on other awards in different categories, like at the Oscars later. Take slow steps first. Da Wofle is back now so he's probably getting prepared for the next update. This is just my opinion but the updates themselves are more important then author of the month or comments. If anything somebody else should head the author of the month thing, comments are a whole another story but can be looked into for the future.
Da Wolfe Said:

Quote:blueeyedgabulvo0o wrote:
As another solution to the artist of the month problem couldn't we use a section devoted to artist of the month and email a list to all the people on DAD which lemons are thus selected by the moderator of the forum threads and make the method really simple and could easily count votes thus making less room from bias and some hurt feelings.... Less bias is a good thing in this situation....

I didn't understand that too well. Could you please break it down a bit?

Ok let me break it down and elaborate.....

1) Select a moderator(s) that is not a lemon writer or is not allowed to vote for his own work.

2) Create a forum thread line that is just created for the soul purpose of getting people's reaction on there lemons.

(Now this could go two ways
2A: You could place everyone's name into the forum already thus preventing multiple threads for the same author and thus easier to monitor because the monitor could judge by written content i.e. praise as well as visits to a thread. So in the section threads could be created for every lemon artist. This method means a ton of threads.

Or...

2B: Now the other method is you allow everyone to write about it in a single thread and as there title they must put the author's name in the thread line. This would prevent confusion and allow the moderator to do away with multiple votes by informing the section in rules to use the power of the vote once. As well as create a new thread for every month afterwards.)

3) Now dependent on which method you use either 2A and 2B the last week of the month will close the votes and anyone that wants to vote for the final judgment (Thus preventing the moderator from being hated for its decision, it would remain to the individuals at DAD.) must email the moderator there answer and to make it easy there title must have there name that they choose to win. Meanwhile to prevent people voting more than once they must use the e-mail that is registered under there profile. A group of moderators will look into each email to make sure that there are no doubles giving the group 5 full days.

[size=2](3A: Now the sample that would be sent out would be the top ten that the moderator thought to be the best voted by the artist vote
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Da Wolfe Said:

Quote:blueeyedgabulvo0o wrote:
As another solution to the artist of the month problem couldn't we use a section devoted to artist of the month and email a list to all the people on DAD which lemons are thus selected by the moderator of the forum threads and make the method really simple and could easily count votes thus making less room from bias and some hurt feelings.... Less bias is a good thing in this situation....

I didn't understand that too well. Could you please break it down a bit?

1) Select a moderator(s) that is not a lemon writer or is not allowed to vote for his/her own work.

2) Create a forum thread line that is just created for the soul purpose of getting people's reaction on there lemons.

2A: You could place everyone's name into the forum already thus preventing multiple threads for the same author and thus easier to monitor because the monitor could judge by written content i.e. praise as well as visits to a thread. So in the section threads could be created for every lemon artist. This method means a ton of threads.

Or...

2B: Now the other method is you allow everyone to write about it in a single thread and as there title they must put the author's name in the thread line. This would prevent confusion and allow the moderator to do away with multiple votes by informing the section in rules to use the power of the vote once. As well as create a new thread for every month afterwards.)

3) Now dependent on which method you use either 2A and 2B the last week of the month will close the votes and anyone that wants to vote for the final judgment (Thus preventing the moderator from being hated for its decision, it would remain to the individuals at DAD.) must email the moderator there answer and to make it easy there title must have there name that they choose to win. Meanwhile to prevent people voting more than once they must use the e-mail that is registered under there profile. A group of moderators will look into each email to make sure that there are no doubles giving the group 5 full days.

[size=2](3A: Now the sample that would be sent out would be the top ten that the moderator thought to be the best voted by the artist vote
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
[quote=blueeyedgabulvo0o]Da Wolfe Said:

[quote]blueeyedgabulvo0o wrote:

I didn't understand that too well. Could you please break it down a bit? [/quote]

1) Select a moderator(s) that is not a lemon writer or is not allowed to vote for his/her own work.

Or...

Herr Mullen wrote:

Quote:This seems overly complicated, and if the same people vote every time, we'll end up with the csame kind of author of the month every time. there would be little variation of style. Keep it simple.

Well we could stipulate to be fair that the same author cannot win twice in a row (no two consecutive months) thus preventing that to occur....

Its not the extravagent but it seems so..... But look at it this way if we had a 3rd party voting line that picks the "best one's" without us know ing about it could give someone that wrote a well written lemon to not even be placed in the month voting process.....

Like I said before even if my method is kinda of extensive it could better in other ways and allowing for time....Time is the key.....

Well if I do figure out something else I'll be back....

~~
lonelygabu~~
~~
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I didn't understand much but I think the gist of it is (with some ideas of my own):

You just have the authors that submitted work that month pick their story they want to submit.

Then set up a board, not for voting, but to list the stories.

You put up the stories, and the E-mail of the person who will be tallying the votes, then have them send in E-mails of which they think is the best.

Then the winner will become the next tally guy which will make it so they can't submit they're own work so that they won't win consecutively

plus, if necesarry, we could submit the work anonymously so that no one is biased towards someone they know on this board.

That way no one is the constant tally person so they don't have to worry about constantly checking E-mails. But, a problem could be that some people wouldn't want to get all those E-mails if they win the AOTM, or might not want to give out they're E-mail address, which might make them not want to enter.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:Wisemon, you have my apologies. lol I know you're a good guy.
Thanks, I think I'm a pretty good guy too. I kind of wish the underprivileged kids I volunteer to tutor wouldn
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against