Join our server on Discord

Author Of The Month
What ever happened to The Author Of The Month? It's never updated. I've visited for over a year now, I'm certain, and in all that time, I've only ever seen it updated once, from Lord Archive to it's current authors.

Let's summarise the advantages of An Author Of The Month;

New visitors will be able to read some of the better titles and have a greater incentive to stay, or to write.
Authors feel that their work is recognised,
Writers will have something to work toward, meaning more and better quality stories.

Although I can understand that reading a wide enough variaty of authors is very time consuming, and that Wolfe probanbly wouldn't have the time. Maybe it could be a deligated task, or a turn based reveiw? Members sign up on the board for a turn at picking an author to put in the slot.

I think it would an interesting project.
I totally agree.
Maybe Wisemon is just that good. I personally enjoy his stories.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well, first of all, I'd like to point out that this particular forum was originally for the board only. I guess now it's for both the board and the site!

Now that you mention it, I DO remember an author-of-the-month thing being around....

Sure, we can do that again, but unfortunately, I don't have time to look through all the lemons and choose. I update mostly on Sundays because I'm least busy on those days, and updating takes about five hours alone. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep the update of the author-of-the-month regular--at least not right now. During the summer, that's a yes, but right now that's a no. So what we can do is have someone else take care of the author-of-the-month part. Any takers?
Wouldn't it be easier if we have a monthly vote in the message board as to who someone's favorite author is? We can have potential nominees in the polls section and then everyone can decide who should have the honor of being declared with the title. Maybe even have second and third place as well.
That could possibly work.
Hmm, a very good idea! Alright, that is something we can do.
What the fuck...? Why authors and not artists?!!!! Evil
Artist of the month? It'd might have to be straight and yaoi/yuri catagories.
Zephyr, Author of the Month was around for a while before Chibi left. It would be best to get that started up and then worry about the next one. Either way, it shouldn't take very long.

Now, how would we run this poll? I'm not 100%, but I think we have more than 100 authors. That's quite some poll-- and the max number of selections in a poll is set to ten. We might have to do it outside of a poll.