Join our server on Discord

Author Of The Month
Hurrah! A revived DaD institution, raised from practialy deadness.
lol Come on, needing ideas here! :P
A Discussion Thread, in which people discuss the more deserving lemons they have read over the past week.
That could work.
Well when you look at the BIG picture, which by the way is sort of morbid, is that a minority, which is less then 50 percent, of authors on this site are still active. Meaning they didn't fall into a black hole and come out in another dimension thus having no access to a computer with internet access. I made the figure up, pretty much like a ball park figure judging by how many of the authors on the site submitted something in the past 6 months. Many haven't even given something in, in over a year.

The site has gotten new authors since the new administration stepped in but not enough to fill the void between active and inactive. Basically I thought that the poll vote should obviously be only for active authors. First people should make a topic, in any forum, maybe even author's of who should be nominated. Then have the 10 nominees in the polls, limit the time on the poll and then whoever gets the most votes would be declared the author of the month. This can be redone every month so everyone gets a chance.

It doesn't really affect me very much since I'm probably not eligible although I would definietly start reading the nominees works and cast a vote. There could also be prerequsites for being a nominee like having a certain length, number of stories written, length of being an author, etc. The remaining question though is how many people on this board even read lemons? After reading thousands of posts I've come to realize many just come here to chat about digimon-related fandom and not to read the site's material. As for the art thing I'm not so sure that would work seeing how artists aren't nearly as active as the authors are, no offense whatsoever to all artists out there.

I always thought its because a lot of people don't own scanners to upload their work with, I'm one of them. Anyway, please comment on my thoughts. I'm sure working together we can all work something out in the end and make a friendly contest that will hopefully boost morale in authors on this site and have them increase the quality of their work.
Da WOLFE Wrote:Zephyr, Author of the Month was around for a while before Chibi left. It would be best to get that started up and then worry about the next one. Either way, it shouldn't take very long.

Now, how would we run this poll? I'm not 100%, but I think we have more than 100 authors. That's quite some poll-- and the max number of selections in a poll is set to ten. We might have to do it outside of a poll.
*sigh* A traditional lack of justice....
Quote:Maybe Wisemon is just that good. I personally enjoy his stories.
I'm flattered, but that actually dates back to the summer 2004 contest, back when we used to have contests. Nate Hunter ran all of the writing contests, but he hardly ever shows up anymore. I'm proud to say that I won his last contest. I suppose we could have contests again, but since Anonmon runs the Author's Domain, and since most of the authors write Yaoi and furry, which he doesn't like, I don't think he'd appreciate having to read those entries. I'm willing to pick my own authors of the month, since I'm doing reviews anyway, but I don't like Yaoi and furry either.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Maybe Wolfe could do the first one, and the winner of that could be invited to do the next one. Thus, the same author can't be done selected twice in a row. If an author isn't avalable, as the case may be, then the reveiwer could select a successor or something.
That would work.
In fact, one could place up an entire in-debth reveiw of the author, or a passage on your desision, such as other runners. Something for the comments box, certainly.