Join our server on Discord

Author Of The Month
Well, I think that would just complicate things. If we just allow anything (within the original submission guidelines, of course) to be reviewed, it will become a candidate, and people can vote on it. But if we make a lot of prerequisites, things would be harder to do in the sense that the authors would have to think too hard in some cases. I know this as a writer because with requests, for instance, you have prerequisites that really make you think too hard about how to make it work, and the story loses its quality. Plus, we don't need any special stuff--just one or two pieces of regular work with a submission. Although with some authors (DV85), our reviewers will have their hands full! :P

Any objections?
It's a viable method. If ever we have any issues, we can change the system. Sure, go ahead.
I see your point and I agree with it.
I think the idea is actually perfect, though I didn't FULLY understand it- I get the point.

I know I am too late, but reading this over and over again, I just wanted to check my own idea with you- don't take it with MUCH importance, just tell me if it would be something that could have been used.

Anyways, what I thought of was something in a mix-style of what everyone said. We could just have someone selected by Wolfe (for the first time only if he's too busy later) and have that one select 8 nominees for the AOTM, then make a poll in the board which I think will be created later to let everyone vote for any of them- the poll should run for 10 days minimum or 20 days max. The authors nominated should be the ones that posted in that SAME month, and the winner should be invited to be the one to select the next 8 nominees for the next month.

Just to add something else, the one to select would also be able to write a slight comment of why he/she decided to choose that author.

Well it was something that was flying in my head for just too long, don't mind me- I was trying to help lol.

And if you need any help with reviewing etc, I can be one. I might be soft with reviews, but I'm serious.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
http://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/viewtopic.php?t=4691&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Here's my take -- and here's my answer to the issue:

http://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/vi...hp?p=71310
Sorry for the delay...

Anyway, I'm now focusing my attention on this. Nate Hunter had some good ideas. He had the idea of extending things and making a contest. Not a bad idea at all if you can come up with a prize.

DragonMaster had a great idea too. It would simplify things for the reviewers, because lately we've been getting a lot of submissions. The only problem I can think of for this suggestion is that picking out only 8 authors leaves much room for favoritism. If there are no other problems with this suggestion, we could probably use it.

Well, Nate, what we can do for the contest is this:

First of all, I need all of the reviewers for the Author of the Month to write up a profile and e-mail it to me (Da_WOLFE2@yahoo.com). This will be on a special page so that authors and artists can choose the reviewer that they want. The profile should include what kind of work you prefer to review. That team of reviewers can be the reviewers for the contest if they want to.
Profile sent; enjoy.
here's an idea: have like a judge for each subject, you know a judge for incest, yaoi, yuri, straight, ect.; then choose one story from each then let the reveiwers choose. just my idea
Such an invitation. Who'd be thoughtless to simply give up the opportunity? Proflie sent.
Perhaps this should be started, soon? I can't see any obsticles.