Join our server on Discord

Then again, you've heard it all before
It was just one book but if it was a favorite of it then you could've said,
I disagree but I know what you mean.
Or something like that.
Wisemon Wrote:I found out that she had read the Chronicles of Prydain over Spring Break, so I asked her for her opinion. Now, the Chronicles of Prydain influenced me more than any other story as a young reader. The perfect ending of the hero and his strong willed love interest living together in their own world can be seen in my own series, if anyone bothered to read that far. Junpei and Izumi became my Taran and Eilonwy *sigh*. Anyway, when I asked her about the story and its ending, she said it was "childishly simplistic." To keep up, I said that I realized that too at ten years old, but of course I didn't, and then she said she thought I was being too pessimestic. I just sent her an email saying that I only said that to keep up with her cynicism, and I mentioned how I based my life on the idealism of the series. Either way, I don't think I've done myself any favors tonight. :cry:

Sometimes you should just outright say you disagree with someone. Be respectful and all, but say so. You don't need to have the same opinions as someone to be their friend, you know. My best friend keeps telling me I need to learn a sport, and I keep refusing. And we both keep being friends.
You're wise for your years, Anon. Wise, I will send you a mail about this, I want to tell you sth but it won't be nice if I do it here.
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:You're wise for your years, Anon. Wise, I will send you a mail about this, I want to tell you sth but it won't be nice if I do it here.

I make up for that wisdom by being overly direct or socially obtuse at times.

Imagine having to learn that pointing out a person's obvious flaws is rude, despite those flaws being factual. If you can imagine having to *learn* that, welcome to my life.
Quote:Imagine having to learn that pointing out a person's obvious flaws is rude, despite those flaws being factual. If you can imagine having to *learn* that, welcome to my life.
I had to learn that back in high school as part of special education. Fortunately, I've forgotten most of those lessons. Wink
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
It took them until high school to teach you that? No wonder you lack offline friends, those bastards were incompetent!
I hold what I say a lot of times. My mom says stuff about things to me and always tells me not to say anything. Actually most anyone could do that and I wouldn't say anything. It probally doesn't involve me so why should I say anything. I did stuff like that all through school.
This is how it ends:

Me: That's alright. Though our acquaintanceship was short, I
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hmm... It sounds like you may have been right about this. But oh well. You didn't like her that way anyway so it's not problem.
That's OK, Wise. You really should find someone who deserves you and appreciates for who you are. Besides, what would you have ended up with if this succeeded? An antisemitist crap that laughs at your sources of inspiration. Is that your idea of a girlfriend for you?
*sings*When there's no love in town
This new century keeps bringing you down
All the places you have been
Trying to find a love supreme
A love supreme....