Join our server on Discord

Then again, you've heard it all before
Or complicated! Wink

~~~More people would be good, but the more you bring, the less personal the dinner meeting will be, and the less time you'll be in the spotlight!~~~
Anonmon Wrote:Somehow you always find a way to make any possible relationship look bad.
You know, I was thinking something like that. I thought, "Well, I guess that may be the end of that." But if you want her to make the first move it may work out. Or get really close to working out.
Quote:Somehow you always find a way to make any possible relationship look bad.
My expectations are rightfully low.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
So, here's how the dinner meeting went: Her, me, and her friend, we had small talk until the dining hall closed. It was about the best I could've hoped for, under the circumstances, though I wished I hadn't mentioned that story where I farted in a teacher's face to follow through on a threat. My favorite part:

Her (to her friend): You know what tomorrow is, right?
Me: Man, I hate Valentine's Day.
Her: Actually, I was talking about how tomorrow is taco day in South dining hall.
Me: Oh, yeah, tacos are good.
I know that you saw me.
I think a verbal exchange with you would probably blow my mind.

If you like this girl and you feel there's a possibility of it going somewhere, you can't really expect her to make a move. Girls know that guys are supposed to do all the legwork at the early stages, but you get paid back with interest later with back rubs n' stuff like that.
Nice taco story. heh But maybe this could go somewhere.
Quote:My expectations are rightfully low.
Aren't they always?
Quote:Okay, I found out (don't ask me how, it's complicated) that she was drinking "stale beer" this weekend, despite having an exam tomorrow. Now that's not my type, but then again, I've made similar mistakes, just replace beer with videogames.
:oops: Me too...I wonder if there's a clinic to cure occasional but done in crucial moments videogames addictions?
Oh, and BTW...we teetotalers are exceptions, not the rule. I wonder if there's a clinic out there to make teetotalers see the people that drink as acceptable?
Quote:Girls know that guys are supposed to do all the legwork at the early stages, but you get paid back with interest later with back rubs n' stuff like that.
I do that to guys all the time and none of them is my boyfriend..... I wonder if there's a clinic out there where I can get a boyfriend if I rub his back?
I don't think there are any clinics like that.
I found out that she had read the Chronicles of Prydain over Spring Break, so I asked her for her opinion. Now, the Chronicles of Prydain influenced me more than any other story as a young reader. The perfect ending of the hero and his strong willed love interest living together in their own world can be seen in my own series, if anyone bothered to read that far. Junpei and Izumi became my Taran and Eilonwy *sigh*. Anyway, when I asked her about the story and its ending, she said it was "childishly simplistic." To keep up, I said that I realized that too at ten years old, but of course I didn't, and then she said she thought I was being too pessimestic. I just sent her an email saying that I only said that to keep up with her cynicism, and I mentioned how I based my life on the idealism of the series. Either way, I don't think I've done myself any favors tonight. :cry:
I know that you saw me.
Don't base your chances on one book. There are plenty of other interests you might have in common, provided neither of you found one good thing and focused around it entirely, refusing to look at anything else. And even if you don't, you could always take whatever she likes as a recommendation and follow that. If you don't like whatever media she recommends, then she isn't the lady for you.