Join our server on Discord

Then again, you've heard it all before
So are you going to go on a date with her one of these days? Like somewhere other than the university dining hall?
Quote:So are you going to go on a date with her one of these days? Like somewhere other than the university dining hall?
Ain't that always the tough part, crossing the old friendship line, especially when both people are sober?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Well it's nice to see something positive from you. Hopefully she will consider you that one day.
This is a dialogue from when I was a freshman. I don't say this might be your case, but think about it:

Classmate A: You know what would be really cool?
Zephyr: What?
CA: To have a boyfriend that's in 5th year! So he can teach you everything about the career!
Z: Hell yeah, that'd be so cool!

(another time, another place)
Zephyr: You know what would be really cool?
Classmate B: What?
Z: To have a boyfriend that's in 5th year! So he can teach you everything about the career!
CB: Yeah, that'd be so cool!

(yet another time, another place)
Classmate C: You know what would be really cool?
Zephyr: What?
CC: To have a boyfriend that's in 5th year! So he can teach you everything about the career!
Z: Yeah, that'd be so cool! I said that already. It would be everything way easier that way!
CC: I think everybody thinks that way.

If you're going to get a freshman girl, refuse to give her any help.
The way zeph put it kind of reminds me of something you wrote.
Quote:If you're going to get a freshman girl, refuse to give her any help.
:? Wait, if I want her to think I'm a good source of experience and knowledge, I should refuse to help her? That's not what I'm leaning towards.
I know that you saw me.
Wisemon Wrote:
:? Wait, if I want her to think I'm a good source of experience and knowledge, I should refuse to help her? That's not what I'm leaning towards.

The point being that otherwise she will mooch academic help off you without having real interest.

No, advice on women isn't supposed to make sense. Women aren't supposed to make sense.

There needs to be a very clear, concise, but not dramatic (a la marriage proposal and proclamation of Undying Love) way to confer that you like someone. There also needs to be a very clear and concise way for people to confer whether or not they're even thinking about the opposite sex right now rather than say... their classes.
Anonmon Wrote:
Wisemon Wrote:

The point being that otherwise she will mooch academic help off you without having real interest.

No, advice on women isn't supposed to make sense. Women aren't supposed to make sense.

There needs to be a very clear, concise, but not dramatic (a la marriage proposal and proclamation of Undying Love) way to confer that you like someone. There also needs to be a very clear and concise way for people to confer whether or not they're even thinking about the opposite sex right now rather than say... their classes.
Indeed, that was my point. If this year I had a freshman interested on me, I would do just that. Think about it; right now she can get academic help; when she graduates, you might be a successful engineer that earns lots of money and can get her job/contacts/stuff.
But it's not that women don't make sense, you guys don't understand us.
I think that was a good advice, but don't ask me what are you supposed to do. I couldn't have a good relationship myself, so how could I tell others what to do?

And sth else.....
Wise, are you really interested in this girl? You talk about her with such a lack of emotion. I remember other times talking about other girls you liked and you sounded so enthusiastic. But right now...
You know what? I don't think wise ever really shows a lot of emotion.
Quote:You know what? I don't think wise ever really shows a lot of emotion.
The truth is that she's prettier and more intelligent than any girl I've been previously interested in, and she seems to have a genuine interest in me, and she actively tries to resist peer pressure, and she has all sorts of other great traits...but...I've learned not to get my hopes up.
I know that you saw me.