Join our server on Discord

Jilted!??!!! How dare they!!
Herr Mullen Wrote:Has anyone heard of Danny Wallace? After reading the book "Yes Man", I've suddenly become much more active. Yes Man is a chronical of the year he spent saying "yes" to everything. Everything. His bank balance suffered terribly.

It's awfully funny.

But it started because some guy on a bus said to him, when he was feeling down, "Say Yes More".

That does sound funny.

Quote:I make an effort to have a sunny dispostion and a clear streak of eccentricity. People and oppertunities, often linked with happiness, will fly to you like a moth if you cast a light of merry madness. Change is required for perpetual happiness because things stagnate without change. Oppertunity and new people bring about change, if you dare to accept them.

Another good saying is "No Worries".

Opportunities are good. People, often not. I act the way I do, because so many people around me are blind, sunny idiots who could do with a heavy dose of reality and a rehab center. I don't want to know them or be like them.

I'm a very positive person when that positivity is based in truth, and a negative person when negativity is based in truth. I know that people die without ever having met a good spouse, and so the statement "Everyone will [eventually find someone]." obviously rings false.
You're going to have a very hard life if you keep getting so wrapped up in taking everything so literally.

And Mullen, that sounds like an absolutely ridiculous book...I think I'll seek it out! ^_^
senjuro Wrote:You're going to have a very hard life if you keep getting so wrapped up in taking everything so literally.

And Mullen, that sounds like an absolutely ridiculous book...I think I'll seek it out! ^_^

Wrapped up in taking everything literally? Oh, nevermind.
senjuro Wrote:[quote=Zephyr of Darkness]It's still nice to think there are guys out there that think highly of their girlfriends like you. I wish I will get one some time.

I can almost guarantee that you will find one. There are lots of people in this world that are compatible with you. You just maybe haven't met them yet. Love will find you when you least expect it.

Oh, and thanks for thinking that I'm "not like other guys." I rather appreciate comments like that, because the last thing I want to be classified as is "a guy." *shudders*

Thank you, I want to believe you though it's so hard for me.
Well, I haven't said that on purpose. How do you like to be called? Boy? Man?
I think that what you have different is that you seem to think highly of your girlfriend. Especially the locals seem to degrade their mates in every way. That's why I don't like Argentines. But your place too, people like your ex friend.
That reminded me of a local comic named El diario Intimo de Mat
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Thank you, I want to believe you though it's so hard for me.
Well, I haven't said that on purpose. How do you like to be called? Boy? Man?
I think that what you have different is that you seem to think highly of your girlfriend. Especially the locals seem to degrade their mates in every way. That's why I don't like Argentines. But your place too, people like your ex friend.

I know it's hard. I had a hard time believing it for a long time. But I was patient and it paid off, with only a little bit of legwork on my part.

Call me what you like, just don't call me a "typical guy." I'm anything but that!! heh...

And here's the most ridiculous thing of all: I'm not a ridiculous jealous type either. She wants to hang out with her girlfriends without me, or wants to dance with other guy friends, I don't really care.

The moral of the story is that everyone is different, I guess. Something we must all put up with...
This is one of those times I think our civilization needs to come up with new and better methods of identifying prospective girlfriends/boyfriends. You know, methods that work on the content of your character rather than appearance.

Sigh...

I really should rant about what I found out yesterday, but it's kind of pathetic compared to the tsuris I hear from other people here.
Anonmon Wrote:This is one of those times I think our civilization needs to come up with new and better methods of identifying prospective girlfriends/boyfriends.

Arranged Marrages. Those are fantastic; play with a young/boy or girl in your neighbourhood during your childhood, as soon as one of you hits puberty you get seperated until you ask your parents to find you a bride/groom, at which point they begin investigating your childhood friends of whichever gender and seeing how they stand money-wise. Then you're introduced, and you can accept or reject your prospective partner. Or likewise. Then, you're married and you gradualy fall in love with each other. It's an effective system, when people aren't stupid enough to marry two complete opposites together.
Herr Mullen Wrote:. It's an effective system, when people aren't stupid enough to marry two complete opposites together.

Alas, that is often the outcome.
Herr Mullen Wrote:
Anonmon Wrote:This is one of those times I think our civilization needs to come up with new and better methods of identifying prospective girlfriends/boyfriends.

Arranged Marrages. Those are fantastic; play with a young/boy or girl in your neighbourhood during your childhood, as soon as one of you hits puberty you get seperated until you ask your parents to find you a bride/groom, at which point they begin investigating your childhood friends of whichever gender and seeing how they stand money-wise. Then you're introduced, and you can accept or reject your prospective partner. Or likewise. Then, you're married and you gradualy fall in love with each other. It's an effective system, when people aren't stupid enough to marry two complete opposites together.

It's actually not that effective because you'll get married off for money. That, and because little kids of opposite sexes are often encouraged into activities so different they can never become friends. And a whole host of other reasons we did away with arranged marriages.
senjuro Wrote:I know it's hard. I had a hard time believing it for a long time. But I was patient and it paid off, with only a little bit of legwork on my part.

Call me what you like, just don't call me a "typical guy." I'm anything but that!! heh...

And here's the most ridiculous thing of all: I'm not a ridiculous jealous type either. She wants to hang out with her girlfriends without me, or wants to dance with other guy friends, I don't really care.

The moral of the story is that everyone is different, I guess. Something we must all put up with...
Indeed you are :P I know, I might find someone, but I have to work a lot with myself first. Back then when I was with Unknown I realized that my awful relationship with my father had contaminated my other relationships too. I know that unless I can have some control over that I'll never be able to have the relationship I want. So I just have to sit back for now...
Oh, and indeed too, you're so nice with her. Do you mind if she wears miniskirts? lol
Quote:This is one of those times I think our civilization needs to come up with new and better methods of identifying prospective girlfriends/boyfriends. You know, methods that work on the content of your character rather than appearance.
Well, you study to be a lawyer, or teacher, or whatever, but nobody teaches people to be boy/girlfriends, parents, husbands/wives, friends, or any other relationship. We study so many useless things and that could be so useful, but you're self taught at all this.