Join our server on Discord

Jilted!??!!! How dare they!!
I third that, ....sigh... no comment.
Awww, thanks all you guys/girls. We're all like one big support group for each other. We all lean on each other from time to time, so it's all good.

Just an advance warning: my masters auditions are coming up, so in about a month, I'm probably going to be losing my mind and freaking the fuck out...just something to look forward to! ^_^

Thanks again for your concern. You guys really make dealing with life that much easier!
I'm ready for your bitching, bring it on! (gulps down a red bull and a couple beer)
As some of you probably know, this weekend marks the 250th anniversary of the birth of one of the greatest musical geniuses of all time: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

The orchestra in my city put off an all Mozart concert tonight, and I was rather chagrined to see opera included in the program. Well, not just because it was voice, but because I remembered something my prof (who organised the opera portion of the concert) said to me in the middle of last semester: "I'm going to have a gig for you in January, with the orchestra for Mozart's 250th." And I was like, hey groovy, who doesn't like getting paid for doing something you like?

Well, it kinda went out of my head until tonight, and I saw this guy on the program who graduated last semester. Okay, sure he's a baritone, and I guess they wanted to do particular ensembles for the ladies and they included a baritone, but I'm WAY better than this guy. I mean, I've trounced him in competitions quite handily. But no, as usual, I get shit all and am shocked to see that once again I'm fucked out of a viable performance opportunity.

The tenor always gets fucked with...I'm starting to get a very distinct impression that my prof doesn't like me. Oh well, I'm out of here next year, then hopefully I can study under someone who actually appreciates how hard I work and how badly I want to get out there and see what I can do.
Heh, what a terrible coincidence that the one professor that you think doesn't like you ends up being the choreographer for the orchestra.

It was just one performance opportunity, just keep beating this naive asshole in his own game and he'll go home crying in baritone!
At least I hope it's that easy :roll:
you were there for me, so I'll be here for you.

good luck with those!
That is odd how he choose him instead of you. Who knows why.
It makes me ANGRY. Music school politics enrage me to no end. Ignorance, poor work ethic, and lack of talent seem to be prized over the more virtuous things like intelligence, hard work, and talent.

GAH!!!

The world truly is just handed to some people on a silver platter, and everyone else has to work their tail off to get anywhere. And they can fuck up as much as they want, and the world welcomes them and their idiocy back with open arms.

How does that make sense!?!???
senjuro Wrote:It makes me ANGRY. Music school politics enrage me to no end. Ignorance, poor work ethic, and lack of talent seem to be prized over the more virtuous things like intelligence, hard work, and talent.

GAH!!!

The world truly is just handed to some people on a silver platter, and everyone else has to work their tail off to get anywhere. And they can fuck up as much as they want, and the world welcomes them and their idiocy back with open arms.

How does that make sense!?!???

Move to Europe when you're older. Things aren't like that in the UK, certainly.
Vice over virtue...I'll say no more...

Well that's a lie. Right now, anyway. I'll probably be full o' rage later! :)